British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Cl Sat 29th April 2017 At 7pm

Just as i thought we couldn't perform much worse from the previous night we some how manged it. Can't remember the last time i seen a Edinburgh side so bad out of the gate. Other than Mark Riss we were very poor. Hope Sams not feeling to sore this morning apparently his shoulder popped out then back in again.

Fair play to the Tigers though can only beat what's in front of you and they certainly done that.

Hopefully that's a wake up call for the boys.

I hope you enjoyed the meeting Blobby? I certainly did.

About as much as you enjoyed the football.

• Like 2

Just as i thought we couldn't perform much worse from the previous night we some how manged it. Can't remember the last time i seen a Edinburgh side so bad out of the gate. Other than Mark Riss we were very poor. Hope Sams not feeling to sore this morning apparently his shoulder popped out then back in again.

Fair play to the Tigers though can only beat what's in front of you and they certainly done that.

Hopefully that's a wake up call for the boys.

About as much as you enjoyed the football.

Don't know about a wake up call , but the prospect of Davey and Clegg at reserve shortly must be of some concern . Had you not had a reserve scoring 14 last night , you'd be looking at a record defeat .

• Like 1

Don't know about a wake up call , but the prospect of Davey and Clegg at reserve shortly must be of some concern . Had you not had a reserve scoring 14 last night , you'd be looking at a record defeat .

A little bit yes. It's frustrating because we know what max is capable of scoring. Will dropping back to reserve maybe help him find that form again you would maybe hope so if not we could find ourselves in a bit of bother.

• Like 1

That has been filling me with fear since day 1 of the season.

Two quotes from the monarchs chatzone . poster 1 Track poor due to Dickson's fixation with home advantage, and we didnt gate. Poster 2 Young Dan was interviewed and said he had never seen so much dirt on the track but it suited him fine.

Don't you just love them? Suppose when you read both posts what they are saying is despite the track not being slick the monarchs couldn't pass

Two quotes from the monarchs chatzone . poster 1 Track poor due to Dickson's fixation with home advantage, and we didnt gate. Poster 2 Young Dan was interviewed and said he had never seen so much dirt on the track but it suited him fine.

Don't you just love them? Suppose when you read both posts what they are saying is despite the track not being slick the monarchs couldn't pass

Don't think there's ever been a Monarchs away defeat in the last 10 years where the track wasn't to blame , so I wouldn't pay to much attention to any of that . Track was perfect last night .

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with track conditions we were just hopeless. My only criticism is it's still a bit one lined and unless you move off it or make a mistake it's still very difficult to pass. Not that we were going to do any passing anyway mind you.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with track conditions we were just hopeless. My only criticism is it's still a bit one lined and unless you move off it or make a mistake it's still very difficult to pass. Not that we were going to do any passing anyway mind you.

Last week i would have said yes you are correct , but not last night both the inside and outside were working as Aaron & Dan proved using all the track in-fact Richie & Richard both had the same joy using both lines.

So there was definitely more lines last night although Mark Riss was the only one willing to try them.

• Like 2

I certainly don't love posters who quote others to suit their own form of "banter" ........ I made the Chatzone post relating to Dan's interview. I also made post #96 on here...... exactly where have I blamed the Glasgow track? I do agree with Dan that there was more dirt on the track but I happen to be a huge fan of Dan and I take exception at your cheek of quoting my post out of context

• Like 1

I certainly don't love posters who quote others to suit their own form of "banter" ........ I made the

Chatzone post relating to Dan's interview. I also made post #96 on here...... exactly where have I blamed the Glasgow track? I do agree with Dan that there was more dirt on the track but I happen to be a huge fan of Dan and I take exception at your cheek of quoting my post out of context

I quoted 2 posters to show how divergent monarchs fans in their opinions. If you don't like it tough

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1

What an odd result! In he winter I questioned the Glasgow team building as it left the team a bit flakey. So far I've not felt I was wrong. Said all along that the top 3 were good but if one of the bottom 4 didn't turn up they'd be in trouble - the Workington meeting proving my point.

So I honestly thought the rampaging Monarchs would be too much for Glasgow. The Monarchs top two were going to be a little too much for Glasgows too 3 while the bottom 4 (excl Clegg) would be a bit too much for Glasgows bottom 4. But fair play the Glasgow lower order turned up.

I still think Glasgow are going to have more tough meetings but if they can eek out the 46-44s in them meetings I'm sure all will be well in Glasgow.

What an odd result! In he winter I questioned the Glasgow team building as it left the team a bit flakey. So far I've not felt I was wrong. Said all along that the top 3 were good but if one of the bottom 4 didn't turn up they'd be in trouble - the Workington meeting proving my point.

So I honestly thought the rampaging Monarchs would be too much for Glasgow. The Monarchs top two were going to be a little too much for Glasgows too 3 while the bottom 4 (excl Clegg) would be a bit too much for Glasgows bottom 4. But fair play the Glasgow lower order turned up.

I still think Glasgow are going to have more tough meetings but if they can eek out the 46-44s in them meetings I'm sure all will be well in Glasgow.

fair point but our top 3 at the moment look to monopolise meetings. Lunna is a loss but Perry and Bewley are scoring so things look pretty good. Ashfield was absolutely rocking last night and long may it continue.

• Like 1

It is of some concern. Also if Clegg is to be replaced then I believe it would have to be by a British rider. Not many potential scoring Brits left to choose from.

Scary. Perhaps a return to reserve will see his confidence return. I know, clutching at straws !