British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Cl Sat 29th April 2017 At 7pm

Jim McGregor must have faster reaction time than a rider, He released the tapes and hit the stop button before the riders dumped the clutch. :o Well done on being the star of the show.

Thought heat 15 was going to last all night

Thought your updates were excellent last night Paulco.

Just sorry I couldn't hang around to the bitter end of heat 15 - needed to get organised for the boxing!

Thanks for keeping us informed so well even if it was painful viewing.

• Like 1

Thought your updates were excellent last night Paulco.

Just sorry I couldn't hang around to the bitter end of heat 15 - needed to get organised for the boxing!

Thanks for keeping us informed so well even if it was painful viewing.

Have to commend Elliot the updater , noticed when I got home he was actually doing about 4 meetings at the one time , that's amazing and must have been manic .

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Ashfield Speedball we are all very proud of our stadium and what the Facenna family have done for our club. It is also great that Gaz and Paulco looked after you they are top guys. Hope we see you back again sometime soon.

Should rightfully be proud and I'll definitely be back.

• Like 1

Have to commend Elliot the updater , noticed when I got home he was actually doing about 4 meetings at the one time , that's amazing and must have been manic .

Yes Elliot is absolutely amazing - he can multitask better than any woman!

And still found time to chat in the chat room.

Stars both of you!

• Like 1

Thank goodness for Mark Riss. If he had been like the rest, it'd have been around 65-25.

They should hang their heads in shame.

Correct Mark saved Edinburgh last night from total humiliation but was very impressed with his attitude and the way he attacked the track.

Very disappointed in Masters last night if he didn't gate he couldn't be bothered in-fact he pulled up in a couple of his rides whilst at the back not what the Monarchs fans would want to see.

Yes Elliot is absolutely amazing - he can multitask better than any woman!

And still found time to chat in the chat room.

Stars both of you!

Hope to meet you at Ippo on Thursday

• Like 1

Jim McGregor must have faster reaction time than a rider, He released the tapes and hit the stop button before the riders dumped the clutch. :o Well done on being the star of the show.

Thing is there was really no need for his Sh*t in Ht 15 It seems if riders make perfect starts he feels as if they have beaten him and we all saw what unfolded after that, he is got to be up there as one off the worst out there.

There is no leeway at all with him and when i see him named as referee at Ashfield you just know he will want to be the centre of attention complete and utter clown that can ruin a meeting with his inept decisions.

But thankfully it was too late for him to ruin it by then, on another note how big was that crowd last night and the atmosphere well done to both sets of fans on what was a very large turnout couple off thousand or thereabouts.

Should rightfully be proud and I'll definitely be back.

Next time i can dump the car and i can have a few beers with you m8 glad you enjoyed your visit :t: .

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

Monarchs well and truly failed their first real test, massive disappointment. Well done to Glasgow and especially young Dan on a convincing win.

Was gutted I couldn't make it as had a prior engagement but in the end was better where I was. This weekend has been a wake up call for Erik and ricky, better to get it sorted now than at the business end. just need to get back on the horse as they say.

Well played Mark Riss who saved us from humiliation and got to be worried for Max's future now. Hopefully Nike and Sam are ok after their falls.

Onwards and upwards

• Like 1

I share your pessimism particularly if Dan's no.1 bike was damaged as reported on one of the forums last night. Also hope he's ok after his 3 falls

Well got that wrong :lol: Despite losing Nike, hope he's ok, an easy win for the Tigers and clearly Dan and his bike were just fine, what a wee rider absolutely brilliant.

From a Edinburgh point of view only Mark Riss impressed on a consistent basis and the good thing is he'll soon be in the team so Monarchs will no longer have a top scoring reserve :t:

No excuses, congratulations to Glasgow. They were sublime out the gate and into the 1st / 2nd bends

Huge well done to wee Pocket Rocket Dan on his first paid max for the 0141 - superb style and control on a bike

• Like 2

I predict Glasgow pull off an upset and don't even give the monarchs a point. Looking forward to seeing them dominate.I hope so anyway, that's one of the main reasons I'm going!

wasn't expecting that to be true. also predicted the Joshua vs Klitschko result correctly, so maybe it's just luck.

Good stuff I aim to be there.

Might be booing both teams though!!

I suppose the only time you will cheer is for 4 efs resulting in a 0-0 heat 😆
  • Like 1

His average must be down around 3. If KOC matches count towards averages, Edinburgh will have completed 4 home and away when they go to PB a week on Sunday.

KO Cup matches never have in recent seasons . Not even official matches according to the BSPA and Berwick 5 years ago .