British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears V Newcastle Diamonds Championship Thursday 27th April 2017

Redcar have a good side this season and given our serious weakness at reserve (which surely can't be sustained) I expected an easy home win.

But that was abysmal from the Diamonds. Only Lindgren could be reasonably satisfied with his performance.

Well done Ellis Perks. Exceptional performance. Very shrewd signing by the Redcar promotion.

We are going to hand out some spankings this season at the STMP that is for sure. Such a solid team and Perks is doing so well. Not getting carried away as we are still in April, but pretty sure we won't be challenging for the wooden spoon...

as soon as i seen the redcar 7 at the start of the season i knew they were going to be a great side .

no more a weak side . perks is a shrewd signing and it looks like they are all going to have a good season . enjoy this season bear fans as the bears are a different animal in 2017.

they will push worky very close on saturday and may even win .

has havvy lost it by having a good side this year ?

Some solid scoring from Ludvig, a late start by Ashley Morris and the odd flash by Steve Worrall.

But 11 heat winners and 10 heat advantages by Redcar tells it's own story.

• Like 1

There are times when you don't mind being wrong (not as wrong as some on the thread mind). I thought it would be close but it turned out to be a very comfortable victory for the Bears.

Excellent team performance - Hall excepted everybody chipped in but Perks was exceptional (but still didn't win Sponsors rider of the night which was a bit harsh)

For the Diamonds Lambert had a stinker (although how he stayed on in Heat 1 I'll never know), Worrall looked very fast when he gated (which wasn't that often) but that was the best racing performance I've seen from LIndgren, really mixing it.

Considering how wet the track was at the start there was some excellent racing later on and the meeting was completed in pretty good time.

Enjoyment back at Redcar and it's good to see.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2

Despite the score I thought most of the Diamonds had a go

Lambert - Dissapointing but could not get out of th gate

Morris- I thought he put a couple of good rides in

Rose - on the pace for the most part

Lindgren - As usual at Redcar put a good performance in

Worrall- Dissapointing I expected more

Coles- tried

Phillips- tried

Redcar

Garrity- Excellent

Garcia - did his job

Wright - Good solid performance

Anderson- improving weekly

Barker - An inspiration with his all out style

Hall- must improve

Perks- superb, one of the finds of the season

I think we are very close at Redcar to having a play off side, not going to lose much at home .

I think Newcastles biggest mistake was winning the toss and deferring to heat 15. With a greasy track it was always going to be imperative to get out the gate in the early heats. Bears started off like a house on fire and never looked back.

Track was tricky to start but produced some superb racing later on - heat 11 in particular had Rose, Wright and Perks three abreast on the second lap. Thought Lindgren was again excellent for the Diamonds, the rest were pretty up and down and Lambert wont have many worse nights.

Bears were dominant throughout and Perks was absolutely terrific. Garrity and Barker are excellent, if not terrifying, to watch - especially when out together! Backed up with a solid engine room performance by JBA and Wright. Only real concern is Hall - we are not far off being a very good team if he can get going or a replacement can be found.

.....I thought it would be close but it turned out to be a very comfortable victory for the Bears

.....Perks was exceptional (but still didn't win Sponsors rider of the night which was a bit harsh)

This was a close one on paper but then what do I know? Not a lot, from the scoreline.

And please tell, who was given the rider of the night award? To be paid for 17 from 6 from reserve and to be overlooked is astounding.

• Like 1

This was a close one on paper but then what do I know? Not a lot, from the scoreline.

And please tell, who was given the rider of the night award? To be paid for 17 from 6 from reserve and to be overlooked is astounding.

Garrity was given rider of the night.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

I hate to say it'll, but after the performance tonight I'm a little bit embarrassed. It had the potential to be another close derby, but it just seemed like half the diamonds couldn't be bothered. I'll give credit to Lambert for staying on his bike in the first heat, but to become British u21 champion and then score one more point than Connor Coles (second place was well deserved. It's his first of the season, and he fought for it)? Worrall got a bit of redemption after winning while on a tactical ride, but the rest of his races he just seemed to flop. Ludde definitely won diamond of the night. It was good to have someone to shout for. Speaking of shouting, Ellis Perks. Wow. How he didn't win rider of the night baffled me. Should have been chucked in Heat 15.

Here's some highlights if you weren't at the meeting:

Connor Coles finally getting a well fought second place

Robert Lambert + Ashley Morris receiving jeers from the bears fans, only for Robert to gesture for them to jeer louder.

Ellis Perks top scorer overall.

Hopefully the Semi Final on Sunday is better for us. You know...with the home track advantage..

Congrats to redcar ... superb team performance...u outgated us and were more aggressive... potentially playoff contenders and the best 2.38 avg reserve in the league

As for diamonds a real eye opener ... already changing my mind ... thought we would be 3rd but can't see us getting anywhere near the playoffs

3 away defeats where top 5 are not cutting it .... our gating was shocking and we were weak around track and only looked like being passed ... exc 3 pts doubled ... 10 points from our top 2 is shocking in 9 rides .... only Lindgren turned up .... and as for our reserves... sadly the weakest pair in the league and I can't see any signs of improvement

Apart from berwick I can't see where we will get an away point ... not win ... I mean point...... scunthorpe is our bogey ground and heaven knows what Edinburgh ipswich and Sheffield will do to us