British Speedway Forum

Wolves V Rye House - 24th April 17

The NSS is great but not all clubs can get council funded stadiums. I do see an increase in snobbery from a few BV fans which is a shame.

Sadly it's looking that way. Some of them are getting worse than the gloating Poole tints.

After all the crap Belle Vue fans shouldered about our team,track and stadium at the Dog track, I think it's great to see other fans predicting us as a top 4 team, and for us fans to be proud of what we have now. A bit of bigheadedness shouldn't harm anyone.

After all the crap Belle Vue fans shouldered about our team,track and stadium at the Dog track, I think it's great to see other fans predicting us as a top 4 team, and for us fans to be proud of what we have now. A bit of bigheadedness shouldn't harm anyone.

Exactly. We endured years and years of jibes and then when we announced we was building a new stadium we endured more jibes claiming it will never happen. (Allthough we nearly did feck that up)

Let us gloat a little. We've earned it

• Like 1

Until it becomes tedious and tiresome.

Go ahead enjoy.

You don't have to take over all threads saying every other track is crap tho.

A bit of humility costs nobody anything.

• Like 1

Go ahead enjoy.

But we've not said that. We did at kings Lynn and the meeting is on YouTube to confirm that. And the meeting as wolves was poor for ur standards. As last night proved with exceptional racing And every one saying it was better than belle vues meeting Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Really pleased for your fans.You are a top 4 team.You did struggle for years.You have the best track in the UK.Anyone who know's their speedway will agree.But gloat to long and you'll be looked upon in a negative way.

• Like 1

But we've not said that. We did at kings Lynn and the meeting is on YouTube to confirm that. And the meeting as wolves was poor for ur standards. As last night proved with exceptional racing And every one saying it was better than belle vues meeting

I disagree that last Tuesdays meeting was poor as I enjoyed the racing.

This season generally the racing has been better as Monmore hasn't had the same stunning racing for a couple of seasons.

From what I have witnessed at many tracks I'm generally more than happy with the quality of racing at Monmore in general and don't need anybody telling me if I enjoyed a meeting or not.

Anyway a cracking meeting at a track renowned for good racing. I'm happy with that.

• Like 1

Just out of interest, how did you find the facilities at Monmore Green ?

Well its a few years since i was up there i used to drive up fairly regular when Sam Ermolenko, Ronnie Correy and the Karlsson brothers were there.

The stadium itself has everything I want. Easy to park hour and half before the start, something to eat in the grandstand before the meeting and decent viewing but the crowd was much thinner than i remember

The one problem i had was that my favourite viewing area is back straight or the exit of bend two. Shame that at places like Wolves Sheffield and indeed Rye House until this season have those areas closed. But I thought the racing despite the score was pretty good, the meeting was well run as have been all the meetings i have seen this season (apart from Kent). so as an experience i would give it 8/10 glad i made the trip.

A can't blame Eddie for wanting to ride even if it wasnt in the teams best interests, the fact scored nout probably made little difference to him personally as most heat leaders and some second strings seem to be on contracts now that have a downside payment, so even when they score nothing, they are still paid for X amount of points, would Eddie have rode if no points meant no pay bar travelling expenses? I don't think so.

Guaranteed points money is one of the worst things to ever happen to our sport.

I agree I was a bit surprised how poor he was, As a migraine sufferer i know being in a car / van would have made it 10 times worse but given that this season his racing has been cut by more than 50% i can understand why he rode. You don't go from averaging 10+ to scoring a very bad zero (and he was shockingly bad). To be honest i am happy that there was a pretty good reason why he rode so badly and fully expect him to be back on form on bank Holiday monday.

Go ahead enjoy.

Steve, how many times have you told everyone that Wolves won the annual best prepared track award, not a lot of humility shown there. You are proud of it and rightly so. It also sounds like a touch of paranoia to claim we are taking over all threads and saying every other track is crap.

After nearly 30 years at the dog track, Aces fans can't believe that we are lucky enough to have the NSS. If you expect me and others not to mention the unbelievable standard of racing we are now fortunate to witness you will be disappointed. If fans from Belle Vue or elsewhere attend meetings where they think the racing is poor then why shouldn't they say so and make comparisons with other tracks. It's all a matter of opinion. I posted that the racing in the Aces v Wolves match was OK, others disagreed and some said their expectations had perhaps been spoilt by what they see at the NSS. Nothing wrong with that. I don't see Kings Lynn fans complaining about comparisons, many just agreed it was poor. In fact Belle Vue fans have said the racing against Leicester wasn't as good as many meetings at the NSS so at least some can be objective, even about our new home.

We've changed a Reliant Robin for an Aston Martin, don't begrudge us showing our delight.

Edited by Aces51

Steve, how many times have you told everyone that Wolves won the annual best prepared track award, not a lot of humility shown there. You are proud of it and rightly so. It also sounds like a touch of paranoia to claim we are taking over all threads and saying every other track is crap.

After nearly 30 years at the dog track, Aces fans can't believe that we are lucky enough to have the NSS. If you expect me and others not to mention the unbelievable standard of racing we are now fortunate to witness you will be disappointed. If fans from Belle Vue or elsewhere attend meetings where they think the racing is poor then why shouldn't they say so and make comparisons with other tracks. It's all a matter of opinion. I posted that the racing in the Aces v Wolves match was OK, others disagreed and some said their expectations had perhaps been spoilt by what they see at the NSS. Nothing wrong with that. I don't see Kings Lynn fans complaining about comparisons, many just agreed it was poor. In fact Belle Vue fans have said the racing against Leicester wasn't as good as many meetings at the NSS so at least some can be objective, even about our new home.

We've changed a Reliant Robin for an Aston Martin, don't begrudge us showing our delight.

Don't bring me into this :)

• Like 2

How many times over the recent years have Wolves fans had to hear from the big track snobs saying that our track isn't a proper racing track when it clearly is? So I've every right to defend our great track.

I've even shown unbias by saying Monmore hasn't been at its finest for the past couple of seasons.

By the same token this is a Wolves v Rye House thread which involved some great racing. Likewise don't begrudge us for delighting in it also.

As said many times. No track in the UK can compare to the NSS. I'm still delighted to watch my racing at Monmore for the excitement it brings. I certainly don't need it comparing to what's on offer at the NSS. I'm sure fans of Somerset, Peterborough, Scunthorpe likewise feel the same.

• Like 2

We get criticised all the time about Rye's track, most of it is historic and by people who hardly ever go,and then the Dry Mouse crap comes out.

It may not be the best track in the UK and by no means the biggest but the racing has been good.

• Like 1

Who has begrudged anyone 'delighting' in the wolves v rye meeting?

Is it the same voices "telling me if I enjoyed a meeting or not"?

#evenmoreparanoia

No surprise the usual retort on a thread that has nothing to do with you.

#stilltrolling.

We get criticised all the time about Rye's track, most of it is historic and by people who hardly ever go,and then the Dry Mouse crap comes out.

It may not be the best track in the UK and by no means the biggest but the racing has been good.

fully agree - often see so many comments about 'dry house' etc - as you say 'mostly historic'

Lol!

You pathetically troll ANOTHER thread, this time accusing Aces fans of moaning because they lost, and when an Aces fan responds you say it has nothing to do with him!

When your pathetic and infantile trolling is pointed out you, yes YOU, reply 'usual tripe'. Lol!

I've no idea what your thought process is but it is simply not normal, again.

To use one of your favourite bullying phrases (how many different people have accused you of bullying this year, it was FOUR at the last count?), you are the gift that keeps giving, ha ha!

Priceless.

I'm posting on a Wolves thread.

The trolling is by the Aces fan.

keep on with the usual personal attacks tho, true to form.