British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers V Workington Comets Cl Sun 23rd April 2017 At 5pm

No offence intended.

Campton or Roynon.

To be fair to Adam , he looked a lot quicker and competitive yesterday , than he has done in his most recent Ashfield appearances .

• Like 1

no-one has the divine right to beat anyone,let alone question a riderr ability

Its a discussion forum and its not off limits.

I love your comment "No way should Workington ,Cook apart " why the hell not

Because Worky are a mid table team.

it showed yesterday Glasgow heat leaders scored 34 of your 46 points ....Bewley,Perry, Lunna are no better than Mason,Adam,Matt . Glasgow might be up there but if your other 4 don't come to the party you will struggle especially on away tracks where as we ran you to a last heat decider and took a point .

Thats exactly the point im trying to make that the apologists want to gloss over.

Be interesting to see how the Monarchs do next Sunday ...wink wink

The warning signs are there. Edinburgh are the form team right now and we had to take a mid table side to a last heat decider at home.

Thats exactly the point im trying to make that the apologists want to gloss over.

The warning signs are there. Edinburgh are the form team right now and we had to take a mid table side to a last heat decider at home.

Scraping a win at home and no points on the road and you could see Glasgow in the mid-table , so I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet , from what I watched yesterday Glasgow looked no better than what we did , oh and them average riders you talk about scored as many as Four of your average ones Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 1

Scraping a win at home and no points on the road and you could see Glasgow in the mid-table , so I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet , from what I watched yesterday Glasgow looked no better than what we did , oh and them average riders you talk about scored as many as Four of your average ones

Your middle order certainly looked better than ours but i will take any kind off win with only 3 riders contributing the most, but your right in that we did look bang average on Sunday hopefully not too many more day's like that but with young riders you will always get inconsistent performances.

I don't think we are top dogs this season, but reach the playoffs and who knows. However, Worky are a curveball in terms of team setup, particularly for Glasgow. A #1 scoring 13 away from home (the best in the league by some distance imo) and strength in depth. For us with a long tail, Workington look like a bogey team.

Not a dig at stewart but can't doc do track on saturday or sunday.

I think you need to look further here, it's easy to blame the track staff but maybe they aren't being given the tools to do the job. To have exciting racing you need dirt the lack of which has been mentioned since the first match. I haven't returned since then but it doesn't seem to have changed. without dirt you need to gate, where is the excitement in that?

Tigers have racers in the team so give them dirt.

I think you need to look further here, it's easy to blame the track staff but maybe they aren't being given the tools to do the job. To have exciting racing you need dirt the lack of which has been mentioned since the first match. I haven't returned since then but it doesn't seem to have changed. without dirt you need to gate, where is the excitement in that?

Tigers have racers in the team so give them dirt.

As has been said earlier the problem was a lack of water. The track was ok for Newcastle match

• Like 1

As a neutral who only has the video of heat 13 on the BSPA site to go by it certainly didnt look like there was a lack of dirt.

Yes a bit loose and dry but that issue seems to have been explained.

Im sure if a few more races are like that one then most wont be too unhappy regardless of the conditions. That was a really good race.

• Like 3

if some glasgow fans feel as though they are not being entertained by that type of racing , they need to pick another sport to watch .

perhaps ultimate croc wrestling ?

That was one heat & apart from a Bewley pass on Campton the rest was gate and go.

But we would all prefer more passing sometimes circumstances will not allow it will see how things fair over the coming weeks.