British Speedway Forum

Team And Riders, Points Changeover ?

Does KO Cup count towards CMA? I think he just missed cup matches.

Yes it was always my understanding the riders CMA only includes league matches, But this is a unique situation that exists purely to correct a bad formula from previous years. Surely it would be more beneficial , more accurate , and obvious more sense to include all the matches to represent a more reliable figure of that riders ability..

Once the changeover has happened, then we can go back to the 'old trusted methods' of yesteryear.... but until then we need to think out of the box ....

No. It's only if they choose to make changes - then they would have to be below the current points limit or like-for-like changes.

That's what 're-declaration' means ie making more than one change at the same time - or just changing one rider with a higher CMA but still under the team-building points limit!

A single rider change can be 'like for like' as long as the incoming rider has the same or lower CMA than the rider he is replacing. That's why we are seeing a few rider changes now before the new CMAs kick in

Options are limited though for a number 1 thanks to the new polish rules, as stevebrum pointed out, who is available at this point in the season who is better than KK. Maybe better off keeping him and hope he improves

The article in the Echo this morning. I read as if he doesn't start to score 9/10 a meeting then he will be sacked.

2017 Speedway Regulations.

16.2.1 ESTABLISHED MAs are calculated, for a specified number of applicable Meetings, taking account of the number of heats and points (excluding Bonus Points) that a rider has scored.

The applicable Meetings are:

SGB Premiership:

SGB Championship:

League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs League Meetings only. NB: (Double) points scored as a TR will count at 50%.

16.2.7 A SGB Premiership or Championship League rider will establish an MA after 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved to be effective from 1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team re-declares.

Edited by bigcatdiary

2017 Speedway Regulations.

16.2.7 A SGB Premiership or Championship League rider will establish an MA after 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved to be effective from 1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team re-declares.

There sure are a lot of variables in them rules.... It appears the MC can make their own judgements after May 1st, Providing clubs want to redeclare. :wink::wink:

Options are limited though for a number 1 thanks to the new polish rules, as stevebrum pointed out, who is available at this point in the season who is better than KK. Maybe better off keeping him and hope he improves

If you keep him he'll only miss more fixtures, I'd get rid now, there are plenty of available lower order riders who would do as well as he has.

I have heard it mentioned, that for a rider to get a new av, it is 2h and 2a

going by the regs after 1st May it could be 1 ride home or away if the MC saw fit...

If a rider has ridden insufficient qualifying meetings his average might be reassessed by the MC as his actual average from last season??!!

example - Davey Watt 5.40 instead of 7.56!!? Adam Ellis 5.60 instead of 7.69?!

Thoughts

So if a whole team had not yet ridden sufficient meetings they could vexreassessed down from 50 to just over 35 (removal of 1.4 nultiplier). And then have 7 extra points to build with? Seems well thought through to me...
  • Like 2

When the BSPA decided at their AGM how to re-create the teams strength using a new formula of Pl and loaded EL points, I thought we had at last turned the corner and that the sport was going to be run properly with transparent rules that everyone could follow, But it now appears those views were unfounded.

We were told the 'second part' of the operation, enabling riders getting back to a realistic CMA were to be implemented with a changeover come May, that would mean all the riders having a valid and current premiership average.. But that's not the case, it now appears the MC are going to re-assess riders only if clubs want to re-declare.....

It is now apparent that the second part was not thought through properly, and the sport remains the shambles its always been.......

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 3

So if a whole team had not yet ridden sufficient meetings they could vexreassessed down from 50 to just over 35 (removal of 1.4 nultiplier). And then have 7 extra points to build with? Seems well thought through to me...

No, that is wrong - the team would continue to build to 50 points with the relevant multiplier if they haven't ridden enough matches to get their new averages.

It seems only individual riders could be reassessed within a team if that team has ridden the required amount of fixtures. I think the Adam Ellis example is a bad one as I've seen it said he only missed cup matches anyway and not any league meetings. Likewise Davey Watt as he has been dropped by Rye House now anyway.

A better example is Patrick Hougaard at Somerset who missed last Fridays meeting. I would assume once we have completed 4H and 4A (or whatever the split is at the time) then Hougaard will attain a new average if we redeclare based on 3H and 4A where his average is likely to increase somewhat.

You don't know that for fact though do you?! Its only fan opinions and conjecture based on various possibilities and options.

No ! but based on this Ruling :-

They can do just about anything they like.... Why cant they have a change over date, and change EVERY rider's average to be current and valid...... ??.

Hougaard's GSA after 3 meetings is 8.53 compared to his starting assessed CMA 8.70. The team total is currently 37.88 according to the BSPA list.

Of course it is - I was thinking he was on a 6.XX but that was before his multiplier in the old Elite League. My mistake.