British Speedway Forum

Team And Riders, Points Changeover ?

Having given this point a bit of thought, I wondered if anybody knows how or when this is going to happen.

Thinking along the lines of each riders to required 4 H and 4A before a change is implemented could create problems for those riders unable to achieve that cut off.

How will teams be allowed to recalculate when they have ridden in less meetings then other... so to be fair, the change over date has to be the same for all teams.....

My own thoughts would be to have a cut-off day say 23rd May (approx.) and the new figures to be implemented on the 1st June ( again- approx.) .

All thoughts and information welcome...

Surely it is more fair for teams to be able to recalculate based on number of meetings ridden rather than a fixed date.

Of course if fixture planning was done well the two should be basically simultaneous.

I appreciate that would have been the obvious scenario, but our league is not like that. we have some teams that have had more meetings, we have teams who haven't played away yet, and other who ridden far more away than home, infact we have nothing of any similarity at all.

I thought that the 50pt was for team building limit at the start of the season, where riders would either use their PL- CMA, and those without a PL would use their EL ( x 1.4). We were then told once they get their first set of figures all riders would then switch over to the newly acquired average, attained from 2017 and the teams limit be dropped to around 42-43pts. Is the changeover going to be governed by the riders doing 4H/4A, or will it be the Team riding 4H/4A ??? either way it is going to open a tin of worms.

A change over date would eliminate all issues about team rebuilding, and would place all teams in the same situation. Teams could plan for the change over if a date was prior made. Ok, some teams will have ridden more than others, but some teams have ridden in Cup and Coventry matches so the situation exists already..

It was on sky news this morning the education minister is to introduce A level bspa tests into schools , he said " after seeing the equation of 3 points a win x 4 rides = 13 point average we believe this to be a suitable test for young Einsteins everywhere " sky went on to interview Bradford magician Dynamo and he said " even I couldn't have pulled this one off "

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

Surely all teams will have to switch at the same time, you couldn't have a situation where team A are using a 50 point limit with riders on inflated averages against team B who are using a 42 point limit with riders on realistic averages, surely even the BSPA wouldn't be that stupid

I assume that is a rhetorical question?

• Like 4

Surely all teams will have to switch at the same time, you couldn't have a situation where team A are using a 50 point limit with riders on inflated averages against team B who are using a 42 point limit with riders on realistic averages, surely even the BSPA wouldn't be that stupid

Not just different teams, but different riders within the same team!

What happens to Adam Ellis (for example) who has missed meetings through injury, so will not get a new average at the same time as his teammates?

• Like 1

What happens to Adam Ellis (for example) who has missed meetings through injury, so will not get a new average at the same time as his teammates?

Does KO Cup count towards CMA? I think he just missed cup matches.

could work in your favour.

Skidder has pointed out that any riders average can be reassessed by the MC if a team is redeclaring even where that rider hasnt done 4h 4a.

So Adam could be given a new ave based on his rides to date.

That said the reg has been in place for years. I dont think it has EVER been applied.

• Like 1

All riders in one team would have to change at the same time otherwise how can you work to the new 42 point limit?

All riders in one team would have to change at the same time otherwise how can you work to the new 42 point limit?

The new 42 point limit will be for re-declaration, I would presume.

Looking at how Belle Vue have started, for example, after 4H 4A their current squad is over 42, would that mean they would have to change riders because of a good start? I would not think that would apply.

Looking at how Belle Vue have started, for example, after 4H 4A their current squad is over 42, would that mean they would have to change riders because of a good start? I would not think that would apply.

Of course it does, otherwise the new points limit would mean nothing

No. It's only if they choose to make changes - then they would have to be below the current points limit or like-for-like changes.