British Speedway Forum

Rye House V Poole 22/4/17. 7pm.

Fantastic advert for the sport and British speedway tonight. First visit to Rye. Good crowd, friendly fans, good racing all night. Gate four massive advantage. Pleased with a point. Deserved. Will be back for the B fixture.

glad you enjoyed your first visit to Rye - we get close racing like that every week - will be going to Poole in 2 a few weeks hope to run them close

So how was the track tonight, no material at all, looks as though there was certainly wide blue groove from photos on twitter?

Sure, the track was a little slick right towards the end, but mostly it was good. Not like you have an agenda or anything. Keep knocking it though. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

And don't let the fact that the vast majority of races tonight were great to watch. Rockets fans are loving it.

• Like 1

Sure, the track was a little slick right towards the end, but mostly it was good. Not like you have an agenda or anything. Keep knocking it though. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

And don't let the fact that the vast majority of races tonight were great to watch. Rockets fans are loving it.

And you keep enjoying it Shads. Sod what the mindless few say..

• Like 4

We will see in a couple of weeks but I don't think Rye will run us close at Poole.

Good fought battle tonight and considering Kk and Hans didn't know the track I thought we did well. Poor guest as I expected though.

They've both raced at Rye House before and have been/are world class riders.

• Like 1

I am and will for the few remaining weeks I'm down here. Could be worse. I could be a Berwick fan

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

I've got no bloody agenda, just asking!

You're still miffed cos we beat you last week? Let it go woman. It's doing you no good

You've got me all wrong Shads, the track was blamed for the lack of entertainment at our meeting, just wondered if it was any different tonight OK .... simple as that. There's a long way to go this season, I'm truly not concerned about our early season form, give it another month then I may be :D

You've got me all wrong Shads, the track was blamed for the lack of entertainment at our meeting, just wondered if it was any different tonight OK .... simple as that. There's a long way to go this season, I'm truly not concerned about our early season form, give it another month then I may be :D

To be serious (for once) Trees, there weren't many complaints tonight. Even the Poole fans seemed to enjoy it. Rye House is what it is. A small track with tight bends. Not much you can do about it. Long gone are the days of 30 point home wins. You either adapt to it, or go home with an empty pay packet.

Early indications are it's gonna be a tight league and tough to call. Isn't that what everyone wants?

• Like 7

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip to rye house tonight. The racing was close and enjoyable. Track was quite slick in places and the inside line was rather fruitless. Get out wide or you were found wanting. Bomber was quality, kurtz & kk put on a good show too. The stadium is still very much work in progress, but it looks like the rockets have got a good thing going on at the moment with the new bmr promotion.The new stands were good viewing areas too. I'd definitely consider going back again. 2 hour drive home was quite reasonable!

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip to rye house tonight. The racing was close and enjoyable. Track was quite slick in places and the inside line was rather fruitless. Get out wide or you were found wanting. Bomber was quality, kurtz & kk put on a good show too. The stadium is still very much work in progress, but it looks like the rockets have got a good thing going on at the moment with the new bmr promotion.The new stands were good viewing areas too. I'd definitely consider going back again. 2 hour drive home was quite reasonable!

Glad you didn't get lost again leaving Hoddesdon. Good to meet you. See you on a sliders track soon

Slick tracks produce closer racing partly because most riders can ride them which is not the case with grippy tracks.

Interesting that the heat one time was the same as Rob set last meeting there in the NL league last season.

I believe there has been a promise of dirt arriving but the place they get shale has said its still too wet.

Junior

Slick tracks produce closer racing partly because most riders can ride them which is not the case with grippy tracks.

Interesting that the heat one time was the same as Rob set last meeting there in the NL league last season.

I believe there has been a promise of dirt arriving but the place they get shale has said its still too wet.

Junior

That's a very interesting point. Race times are irrelevant.