British Speedway Forum

Berwick Vs Glasgow

Oh yes what a great attitiude to have lets not let fans have an opinion and tell them to not come at all, imagine if fans listened to him, the club would be dead by July, what an idiot.

It all about opinions I imagine Thats why its good living in a democracy I suppose whether you agree or not

Edited by Catch Me If You Can

There's no denying that there has been some good racing this season however sadly there are some riders who just don't seem to be at the races.Last night Bridger was a disaster and I note the comments around Carr and his possible sore shoulder however his scoring all season has been very poor to non existent. The Gap has been outstanding and Doolan was really good last night. Unsure what the manager was thinking about last night with the joke fielding in heat 15 of a rider who hadn't won a race all night and certainly wasn't displaying the qualities of a number 1. Glasgow in fairness stuck with it and got the result they RACED for. Hopefully this will be the turning point for the Berwick team this season and some robust management will put changes in place as I have not heard so many critical comments in the stand for a large number of years around certain riders.

It all about opinions I imagine Thats why its good living in a democracy I suppose whether you agree or not

Who told you that, Sturgeons storm troopers have made sure that is a thing off the past.

• Like 4

I must admit , Dick Barrie's comments in the programme did surprise me . They were pretty patronising and it's not as if he doesn't venture on to social media sites in his various disguises himself.

Like it or not , fans are entitled to air their opinion . It used to be in the bar after a meeting , now we have the internet . And that gives both sides of the argument , even if some views can get a bit outlandish .

I can sympathise with the Berwick fans , there was a recent season we went 4 months without any kind of win . Bottom line is you have a number 1 showing plenty of effort , but not turning that effort into the points a number 1 should be scoring . And pulling wheelies after finishing last in a crucial deciding heat isn't going to ease the disappointment the fans must have been feeling .

I don't think Berwick are too far away , certainly they've got a handy reserve in Gappmaier . And they've had a tough run of fixtures . but it's going to be a tough league this season and I think they have one or two tough decisions to make .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 4

I must admit , Dick Barrie's comments in the programme did surprise me . They were pretty patronising and it's not as if he doesn't venture on to social media sites in his various disguises himself.

Like it or not , fans are entitled to air their opinion . It used to be in the bar after a meeting , now we have the internet . And that gives both sides of the argument , even if some views can get a bit outlandish .

I can sympathise with the Berwick fans , there was a recent season we went 4 months without any kind of win . Bottom line is you have a number 1 showing plenty of effort , but not turning that effort into the points a number 1 should be scoring . And pulling wheelies after finishing last in a crucial deciding heat isn't going to ease the disappointment the fans must have been feeling .

I don't think Berwick are too far away , certainly they've got a handy reserve in Gappmaier . And they've had a tough run of fixtures . but it's going to be a tough league this season and I think they have one or two tough decisions to make .

Maybe sniffing out an opportunity to get back on the centre green!!!!

Maybe sniffing out an opportunity to get back on the centre green!!!!

As long as he is just cutting the grass I`m happy with that.

Agree, I still like the look of the Berwick team, if they ride to their potential, sadly some aren`t.

Dick's comparison to football is slightly foolish IMHO , in football fans are always slagging their team off call for the mangers head or wanting underperforming player can be dropped . We all want Berwick to do well and nobody really expects us to be champs , I just want to se a decent performance with 7 riders putting in a good shift , last night was a lot better and with a wee bit of luck we'll start wining matches

• Like 2

Anybody else maybe like to see Lewis try a race on a GM engine rather than keep trying the Jawas? Watching the interview with Havvy on the Tigerbite video, he said that was his only concern when signing Lewis. Considering he's on pace but only made maybe one decent start all season, worth trying?

Anybody else maybe like to see Lewis try a race on a GM engine rather than keep trying the Jawas? Watching the interview with Havvy on the Tigerbite video, he said that was his only concern when signing Lewis. Considering he's on pace but only made maybe one decent start all season, worth trying?

Bridger has a very lucrative sponsorship with Revolution Racing who provide all his racing kit, I`d be surprised if he would want to jeopardise that by swapping to GM engines as he would probably have to start funding his own racing.

• Like 1

Jawas not producing the goods though. Understand what your saying regards the setup team wise but maybe let him try another bike from a team mate? After all he can 6 bikes etc but doesn't matter if the results not there, by that i mean that he's being found out against riders of his same standard particularly in the big heats

Bridger has a very lucrative sponsorship with Revolution Racing who provide all his racing kit, I`d be surprised if he would want to jeopardise that by swapping to GM engines as he would probably have to start funding his own racing.

After reading the article in SS I would agree with you,he just turns up and jumps on the bikes and pays Revolution a fee.Whether the equipment or his set ups are right is open to debate though considering his results so far.

I find it amazing to hear therefore there may some not going back

I know of people five minutes away who stopped going after the first home defeat. Astounding

Edited by Shads

After reading the article in SS I would agree with you,he just turns up and jumps on the bikes and pays Revolution a fee.Whether the equipment or his set ups are right is open to debate though considering his results so far.

He looked quick enough last night , and the effort was there , but as someone previously said , you cant give the likes of Richie Worrall , Lawson or Summers a start .

But it wasn't just Bridger , Vissing started off like a train before fizzling out when it got to the tickly part of the meeting .

Edited by Paulco

not that lucrative if not banging in the points.... they arnt cheap.

How are you Arson, not heard from you on forum for while? Cant beat a bit banter Missed you

just a lurker these days, but in effect cresent cock is a keyboard warrior by putting his opinion of people in the programme and his many alias on here.... then you have sideshowbobbychek who tells us exactly as it isnt the sniveling git 😜

Looks like Bridgers kit is quick enough, his problems look to be getting out of the starts, something I find surprising giving his experience in the old EL.