British Speedway Forum

Berwick Vs Glasgow

I always love a trip down to Berwick so looking forward to this one. Hopefully Tom Perry can show his class here, and Richard Lawson and Aaron Summers can be changed riders. Lawson was poor at Scunthorpe and if he doesn't score 9 from 4 rides I'll be dissapointed. Looking forward to seeing how Nike Lunna does, as this is a track that he hates apparently.

I'd say Tigers win 48-42

Glasgow were probably a lot stronger in 2016. When they hammered us last season they had a very strong top 4 with Rene Bach & Worrall both getting maximums that night. A win for Berwick by any score would be a start to rescuing a poor start to 2017.

• Like 1

Glasgow were probably a lot stronger in 2016. When they hammered us last season they had a very strong top 4 with Rene Bach & Worrall both getting maximums that night. A win for Berwick by any score would be a start to rescuing a poor start to 2017.

Last years top 6 were all stronger in 2016 and with the average dropping even further for this year riders have to give way fact off the rule i am afraid.

Berwick generally give a good account off themselves against us so this is no foregone conclusion as some think, the Bandits may find there gating and we may not so i am cautiously confident but a Berwick victory would not surprise me either.

Whilst i want us to win if there is one team i would not begrudge a win it is Berwick but just not this weekend you can go on a wee run off victories starting next weekend hopefully.

If Berwick win there will be team changes in the GLASGOW team IMO .Scunthorpe pulled of a surprise win so maybe the Bandits can repeat the feat.

There would be no chance Glasgow will make any changes, too early in the season and whilst a win at Scunthorpe would have been nice it is a place we have never went well at so not a surprise.

Plus 7 points on the board is a steady start and we will continue to get better as the weeks progress so i would be very surprised if that were to happen as there has been no indication that anyone is thinking along those lines at present.

There would be no chance Glasgow will make any changes, too early in the season and whilst a win at Scunthorpe would have been nice it is a place we have never went well at so not a surprise.

Plus 7 points on the board is a steady start and we will continue to get better as the weeks progress so i would be very surprised if that were to happen as there has been no indication that anyone is thinking along those lines at present.

Think if Bewley has good meeting Tigers will edge it.

If Berwick win there will be team changes in the GLASGOW team IMO .Scunthorpe pulled of a surprise win so maybe the Bandits can repeat the feat.

There is no such thing as an easy away win . Berwick will be fired up after losing at home last weekend

• Like 1

Fair enough. Who that is guaranteed to be any better?

I think the team will up their performance this weekend.

I'd wait until May averages to get some more points in the bank and wait to see who is not performing then but if by May we have 0.75 to play with Bellego for Berge would be the sensible option if he want'a to come as it saves the loan fee and is a rider on the up imo and in our books, if we don't have enough points to get him for Berge then I would personally quite like to see Nikolaj B. Jakobsen as he is good round Shielfield and looked very good for Rye House in 2015, not sure what happened at Peterborough but I think he would be worth a shot.
  • Like 1

Two questions:

Why?

and

Who?

For those people who come through the gate week after week paying there money unlike the one or two random speedway efficenados who pick and choose there matches there is something quite gratifying about watch your team win and quite a short window of opportunity befyou say **ck it and find something else to do. Everybody can accept a dip in form but when that form is getting worse then it's time you look at the options rightly or wrongly.

What about the ones who come through the gate week after week, to support their team, but aren't glory hunters?
Sure, it hasn't been a great start with results, but the atmosphere and the racing has been great.

Of course I want to see better results, but not necessarily changes, that's too simplistic a view.

• Like 1

What about the ones who come through the gate week after week, to support their team, but aren't glory hunters?

Sure, it hasn't been a great start with results, but the atmosphere and the racing has been great.

Of course I want to see better results, but not necessarily changes, that's too simplistic a view.

Like all sport it is a results based business and if we were all glory hunters like you say we would go and support Edinburgh

I enjoy an entertaining meeting as much as the next person but I support Berwick and that means I want them to win and when they don't and are as poor as they have been so far this season then like most Berwick fans I am disappointed and as someone mentioned it won't take long for fans to get fed up with an underperforming team and find something better to do on a Saturday Night

You are one of the very few speedway fans I have spoke to that doesn't seem to be particularly bothered about how good or bad the team you follow is doing

Glasgow to win 48-42.

Edited by Hamster00

Trouble is that it has been proved in recent seasons that there is not enough NON Glory Hunters left at the end of the season to make the sport viable at Berwick,most tracks have bigger crowds at that start of the season after a long winter but like most sports it is results based to maintain interest and keep them coming regular.No one will deny how difficult it is to turn a poor start to the season round in speedway in general.Entertainment is paramount and at least there seems to be it bit more this season and a big improvement in the track conditions IMO.Its pretty obvious that the team is not performing to the management expectations so the ball is in their court as far as I am concerned.