British Speedway Forum

Newcastle V Berwick (sgbc) 09/04/2017

David Bellego, good average and our asset, if he wants to ride in the league get him in the team, I'd even be tempted by Aarnio who is looking for a team place and I think is our asset, Jake Allen would be a terrific signing on a 5.96. Plenty options about it's just if they want to ride and if they are within budget.

After watching yet another abysmal Bandits performance, there can be no arguments against the fact that we need to make team changes. Carr and Berge have to be top of the list of casualties, and I would also be tempted to get shot of Doolan too, albeit unlikely with his testimonial coming up.

Although early in the season it is abundantly clear that our team is not strong enough to compete at the top of the table, and unless changes are made swiftly then we will be fighting to avoid the wooden spoon.

Criticism of the management team is unjust at this stage. I, like many, are not aware of the exact goings on behind the scenes but I am fairly certain that they will not be delighted with results so far. They have time to turn things around and may have to make some tough decisions.

Liam was always going to struggle at number 2 after scoring the bulk of his points from reserve last year. If we were to get him to reserve the points and confidence would soon return. Without doubt his returns would far exceed those of Gappmeier in the same position. Is it wise that our lead reserve is still learning the ropes of team speedway? Absolutely not. We need a high scoring 6 to allow for our number 7 to learn their trade picking up points where they can.

Dmitri Berge is an exciting talent but his scores have not been impressive so far. In my opinion we have the wrong Frenchman in the side and if Bellego can be accommodated we would be mad not to explore that option.

I think it was always going to be difficult for Liam Carr at No.2. It will be interesting to see if they were to make any changes.

On tonight's meeting, I thought it was a little strange of Gary H putting Berge out on a tactical in heat 7. He hadn't done anything in his previous outing and he was up against Stevie W.

The Diamonds did what they had to do. There will be much harder meetings at home as the season goes on.

I think it was always going to be difficult for Liam Carr at No.2. It will be interesting to see if they were to make any changes.

On tonight's meeting, I thought it was a little strange of Gary H putting Berge out on a tactical in heat 7. He hadn't done anything in his previous outing and he was up against Stevie W.

The Diamonds did what they had to do. There will be much harder meetings at home as the season goes on.

Think he done the same at Sheffield and Vissing won the race?

Him and Stachyra in

Perhaps it would be more sensible for Berwick fans to put forward some genuine ideas and thoughts. It was not that long ago you were all singing and dancing about your team! Ok its not gone well. That's life. It happens in all sport. For whatever reason the riders have not performed as they should. If not then they shape up or ship out.

Jake Allen would be a good move.

Correct me please if wrong? Sure I read pre season Berwick do not hold Sponsor Licence

Stefan neilsen is worth considering imo

At last someone with bit sense

Perhaps it would be more sensible for Berwick fans to put forward some genuine ideas and thoughts. It was not that long ago you were all singing and dancing about your team! Ok its not gone well. That's life. It happens in all sport. For whatever reason the riders have not performed as they should. If not then they shape up or ship out.

We have put suggestions in, Bellego, Kus, Stefan Nielsen, Jake Allen and Aarnio have all been said, I would also personally like to see Kai Huckenbeck or maybe even Troy Batchelor but they are highly unrealistic, another option could be Robbo and Danny Ayres if you was to change the shape of the team.

Correct me please if wrong? Sure I read pre season Berwick do not hold Sponsor Licence

At last someone with bit sense

I love how you didn't quote my post regarding actual team changes but applauded Lewy for being sensible yet had a go at my other post jokingly saying we should bring back two riders who was terrible for us last season.