British Speedway Forum

Leicester - Swindon 1.4.17

From what has been see of Doyle so far this season he has come back brilliantly on every meetung he has ridden, until tonight. Really if he had scored what he was meant to Swindon could have won this.

Fair points Steve but don't think Jason will be at his best yet.

He can't bail this poor team out all the time as even the great Leigh Adams had off nights.

• Like 1

I can't make it tonite gem but great to hear it's really busy

Hope u get a seat

Will be glued to the updates page on the phone

Yes I did ~ I borrowed the stewards at the gate while I waited for Ray to pay as he was ages. Well, no one was sitting in it so why not. Next time I must remember to keep our seats with me rather than letting them disappear with Ray in the queue as I was shattered. It's quite a long walk from the shopping centre and I discovered I'm not very fit yet. :lol:

Swindon will finish bottom of the league unless changes are made BWD rides at reserve for Peterborough in the Championship yet in the 1-5 in the Premiership. Emil Grondal won't improve all season long.

The bookies have Swindon down as faves for finishing bottom of the league.

Srange meeting this, The score finished as I imagined, but the point distribuion was totally differenet than I thought. It appears the new track needs to be bedded in as it was causing a few problems Mostly to those who you expected their precious knowledge was an advantage... . Please to see Lasse Bjerre score a few points. Always reckon he could be a class riders given time. also Bates had a big pay packet as well. I expected Doyle to have done better, but some nights that the way it goes.....

Good opening meeting for the Leicester fans......

Yes I did ~ I borrowed the stewards at the gate while I waited for Ray to pay as he was ages. Well, no one was sitting in it so why not. Next time I must remember to keep our seats with me rather than letting them disappear with Ray in the queue as I was shattered. It's quite a long walk from the shopping centre and I discovered I'm not very fit yet. :lol:

That's good to hear and hope the long walk was worth it

An earlier poster mentioned just the normal two ladies on the ticket windows rushed off there feet,I remember that being the case in the past I think I saw something on the website for online tickets or was I mistaken,surely that's way forward or more turnstiles

How was the racing and size of the crowd.

Shirl

Good meeting for some of the Lions .... anybody know how Kacper Gomolski is after his fall in his 3rd race ?

Good to win the first meeting in front of a good size crowd - need to sort out more than 2 turnstiles !

Lasse Bjerre and Batesy rode well as did Kim Nilsson and an impressive Erik Riss.

Thought Klindt was a bit disappointing given his early season form and can't fault Danny Ayres for effort just be happier to see some points ....

Next Sat v Poole ... Sheffield and Edinburgh both riding - does that mean no Batesy or Erik Riss? Maybe Gomolski if he's injured ?

Probably find guests for two of them ok but finding a guest for Josh Bates will be tough I am sure!

Anyway onwards and upwards as they say ! Come on you Lions!

• Like 1

I enjoyed last night. The track changes look very positive, and I think this track will produce much better racing once the outside beds in. I noticed the grader wasn't going anywhere near the outside on turns one and two last night, maybe its still a little soft after the recent rain?

Nice to see a decent crowd, last year the attendances definitely dropped off.

A positive start for Leicester speedway.

On another note, I just wish the Swindon lot would back off their riders, it was the first meeting for some of these guys, definitely the first premiership meeting. Give them a chance for gods sake.

On this particular night, Jason Doyle's below par performance was far more telling than others.

Fickle.com

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson
  • Like 1

Didn't think the track produced any better racing than last season, but it's early days & hopefully when it's bedded down it will be ok, the shape & width of the bends certainly looked better. The score flattered Swindon a little with Riss , Ayres & Gomolski ( twice) ,all falling when in points scoring positions. Particularly impressed with Bates & Riss, especially Riss who beat Doyle in his first race on the track & possibly could have had a paid maximum if he hadn't have overcooked the 2nd bend having flew out of the gate in his 2nd ride. It's a pity both will be missing next week against Poole, it's going to be hard to find someone decent to replace Bates on his low average.

I was hoping for a slightly closer result last night or even a win.

Was a bit concerned about the score from Adam and had hoped that Bradley might have got a couple more points but will see if they can pick it up at home on thursday.

Nick went very well and he needs to keep getting scores like that all season, and David Bellego, Zach and Emil did ok.

It seems there was a very good crowd there which is very good and I hope the numbers are also good thurs night.

To be honest A Orlov we were flattered by the score. Leicester threw points away. Other than 1 heat Jason couldn't get out of the start. Four times he was last into first bend. BWD and Ellis had nights to forget. Bellego did ok but never looked like winning a heat. Grondal beat Ayres and non finishers from Leicester. Zach had 1 great heat win wonderfully protected by Nick.

Morris was superb. His two races versus Nilsson were brilliant. He had plenty of chances to settle for second in heat 13 and was banging handlebars for a lap and a half before physically forcing his way round. FairPlay to Nilsson he got his own back in heat 15.

So first one over and we got a away point so are top of the table if you take off points you lose at home and add points you win away!

Work might keep me away on Thursday, in Swansea so will depend on M4.

• Like 2

Thought that the track alterations whilst still needing to settle opened up the bend and showed new lines. Two or three passes as a result. More to come I'm sure.

Riss was very impressive as was Bates. Nilson and Lasse very good.

Was looking forward to next week and would expect a decent result against Poole then realised the two major reasons for last night's good win aren't available. Very disappointing and emphasises the further issue of doubling up, not only the disruption to teams with availability and guests but also when a team can build momentum and pin expectation on performance, that is gone.

• Like 1

Was looking forward to next week and would expect a decent result against Poole then realised the two major reasons for last night's good win aren't available. Very disappointing and emphasises the further issue of doubling up, not only the disruption to teams with availability and guests but also when a team can build momentum and pin expectation on performance, that is gone.

Wouldn't be a problem if the BSPA/promoters used a bit of common sense and didn't run the top two leagues on the same days.

• Like 3

Thought that the track alterations whilst still needing to settle opened up the bend and showed new lines. Two or three passes as a result. More to come I'm sure.

Riss was very impressive as was Bates. Nilson and Lasse very good.

Agreed!

The new inside line on turns 1-2 certainly saw riders make up a lot of ground. Particularly smart move from Bates to be the first to suss that out.

To be honest A Orlov we were flattered by the score. Leicester threw points away. Other than 1 heat Jason couldn't get out of the start. Four times he was last into first bend. BWD and Ellis had nights to forget. Bellego did ok but never looked like winning a heat. Grondal beat Ayres and non finishers from Leicester. Zach had 1 great heat win wonderfully protected by Nick.

Morris was superb. His two races versus Nilsson were brilliant. He had plenty of chances to settle for second in heat 13 and was banging handlebars for a lap and a half before physically forcing his way round. FairPlay to Nilsson he got his own back in heat 15.

So first one over and we got a away point so are top of the table if you take off points you lose at home and add points you win away!

Work might keep me away on Thursday, in Swansea so will depend on M4.

Did many Robins fans make the trip up from the west?

Did many Robins fans make the trip up from the west?

Im hearing Orion is still scratching his bonce trying to find his way out of Swindon.. :rofl:

I enjoyed last night. The track changes look very positive, and I think this track will produce much better racing once the outside beds in. I noticed the grader wasn't going anywhere near the outside on turns one and two last night, maybe its still a little soft after the recent rain?

Nice to see a decent crowd, last year the attendances definitely dropped off.

A positive start for Leicester speedway.

On another note, I just wish the Swindon lot would back off their riders, it was the first meeting for some of these guys, definitely the first premiership meeting. Give them a chance for gods sake.

On this particular night, Jason Doyle's below par performance was far more telling than others.

Fickle.com

Not fickle at all but realistic that you can't have a lower league rider in the top 5 & not struggle.

Maybe let's have a £50 bet that Swindon will change BWD, Zac or Emil as they are not good enough to ride in the top 5?.

Jason will be fine & do his job 9 out of 10 times so no blame on him over the course of the season.