British Speedway Forum

World Under 21 Championship 2017 Live On Tv

Amazing that the Aussies are willing to ride on it really....bet they wouldn't if it was a U.K. League meeting

Problem is when some of these riders become GP riders in the future they then won't race in these conditions.It's been raining most of the time i think,so you have got to take your hat off to them for racing in those conditions.But it does beg the question why many riders want perfect conditions in the UK.

I wonder if we see the GP boys race under similar circumstances if it was to occur tomorrow night.

Mine kept on freezing so watching on https://wizja.tv/watch.php?id=17

Not had any problems yet.

Edited by tellboy

Problem is when some of these riders become GP riders in the future they then won't race in these conditions.It's been raining most of the time i think,so you have got to take your hat off to them for racing in those conditions.But it does beg the question why many riders want perfect conditions in the UK.

It's the hypocrisy of them I can't stand. If those conditions were in the UK they wouldn't even get changed let alone throw a leg over a bike, but it's no less dangerous because it's a major individual meeting.

I have no problem with riders not wanting to ride when conditions are dangerous BUT........you know what I'm saying :wink:

That was a horrible crash for Drabik.

• Like 1

Amazing that the Aussies are willing to ride on it really....bet they wouldn't if it was a U.K. League meeting

Amazing that riders are willing to race in poor conditions with a world title at stake?

I bet PC wouldn't have raced in conditions like he did in the world final in 77 with his injured leg if it was a league meeting. Amazing how Jenny carter was willing to race in the wet at Brandon with a broken leg in 84 but missed league meetings.

And who wants to see league meetings "raced" in conditions like that anyway?

Scores after round 2- final round Pardubice 29th September

Drabik 31

Smektala 30

Fricke 28

Lambert 24

Kurtz 24

Real shame Lambert was riding injured in the first one or he'd be really in the mix for the title
  • Like 1

Amazing that riders are willing to race in poor conditions with a world title at stake?

I bet PC wouldn't have raced in conditions like he did in the world final in 77 with his injured leg if it was a league meeting. Amazing how Jenny carter was willing to race in the wet at Brandon with a broken leg in 84 but missed league meetings.

And who wants to see league meetings "raced" in conditions like that anyway?

Real shame Lambert was riding injured in the first one or he'd be really in the mix for the title

My point is if a track is dangerous it's dangerous. It doesn't matter what kind of meeting it is. If a world title meeting is rained off it will be rerun at some point exactly the same as a league meeting.

I'd rather not see any meetings raced in conditions like that.

• Like 1