British Speedway Forum

Speedway On Tv And The Internet In 2024

According to Colin Pratt in the Speedway Star this week the whole BT Sport TV schedule has been issued to clubs, although not seen anything publicly as yet other than the British Championship in June. It would appear that BT want quite a few meetings in school holidays - presumably to get big(ger) crowds.

According to Colin Pratt in the Speedway Star this week the whole BT Sport TV schedule has been issued to clubs, although not seen anything publicly as yet other than the British Championship in June. It would appear that BT want quite a few meetings in school holidays - presumably to get big(ger) crowds.

I sincerely hope that the School Holidays works for them - in the end - that can only benefit Speedway.

• Like 1

if it's one per week then it must be nearer the 20 than the 30 otherwise the season would have to be extented till november , anyone know if there is a reason for leaving it so late to start the coverage ?

Edited by gee jay

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not seen these mentioned anywhere but by chance I came across this little series, seems like it's a regular half hour slot.

Episodes include an interview with new British |Champion Craig Cook, also some interesting stuff on the Poultec set up, Olly Allen giving the insight into how it works. Most enjoyable for me was the skype interview with Adam Roynon, what a brave lad he is, still hoping to ride for another 10 years, stay safe Adam.

One podcast dedicated solely to Edwin Overlander, what a career he's had in speedway, seems a nice chap.

Anyway, enjoy,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051d52h/episodes/downloads

Not seen these mentioned anywhere but by chance I came across this little series, seems like it's a regular half hour slot.

Episodes include an interview with new British |Champion Craig Cook, also some interesting stuff on the Poultec set up, Olly Allen giving the insight into how it works. Most enjoyable for me was the skype interview with Adam Roynon, what a brave lad he is, still hoping to ride for another 10 years, stay safe Adam.

One podcast dedicated solely to Edwin Overlander, what a career he's had in speedway, seems a nice chap.

Anyway, enjoy,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051d52h/episodes/downloads

Thanks very much for that. For those who haven't followed the link it's a series of podcasts made by BBC Radio Norfolk which really should have been promoted to the wider speedway public by all involved, rather like BBC WM's regular speedway commentaries which are probably listened to by more people outside their area than in!

Looks like there's been four so far, starting with Edwin who has worked for both BBC Radio Norfolk and BBC Radio Cambridgeshire for many years, He's a great football commentator as well. We used to share football commentary duties for KM Video - he got Cambridge and I think Norwich as well, while I had Colchester, Enfield and Crystal Palace.

I had the good fortune to work with Edwin many times in the past and he is a true gentleman and a pleasure to know. It's been a long time though....

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Having listened to the four available episodes I realise that this has been on air for some time. It's a shame I've missed the earlier ones going by the quality of these four. It's a shame that rights problems apparently prevent BBC Radio Norfolk from doing live coverage as they mentioned in one edition. These are presumably the same problems that BBC WM suffered from when they tried to broadcast from there. As I mentioned elsewhere the BBC may have a lot of money but the local radio stations see only a tiny fraction of it.

If so Stars are lucky to have this superb weekly free and thoroughly professional advertisement that most other tracks could only dream of.

Interesting Edwin remembered he did work for KM Video. Most of us are trying to forget....

Edited by Rob McCaffery

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Edwin remembered he did work for KM Video. Most of us are trying to forget....

Part of Speedway history Rob!

It is suggested on the first page of this thread that there is English commentary on Eleven Sports for the World Under-21. I'm watching it in Polish, can I do something to get the English? I'm watching through wizja.tv

Part of Speedway history Rob!

It is suggested on the first page of this thread that there is English commentary on Eleven Sports for the World Under-21. I'm watching it in Polish, can I do something to get the English? I'm watching through wizja.tv

No you will have to watch the you tube stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_gz5s9yfAw&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, Gemini said:

Me neither..... which is probably why I cancelled Sky Sports a few years ago and don't have the Virgin package that includes BT Sport or Eurosport so for me nothing this season except live Speedway. :)

There is plenty of recorded speedway on You Tube

• Like 1

Thank you.  I do watch a GP now and again if I can be bothered and have read good comments. :D

Freeview Freesports. On 21st March there was an upgrade done to the TV receiver at Crystal Palace which has resulted in many homes particularly in the South/South East losing some of their Freeview channels, me included as I noticed I'd lost Freesports 95. 

I phoned Freeview helpline, 03456 505050, and basically there is a Government scheme whereby Freeview send out an engineer to sort the problem and if necessary replace your TV aerial and its all free of charge.  Hopefully my problem will be sorted by next week.  I hope this info is of use to anyone with the same problem.