British Speedway Forum

Speedway On Tv And The Internet In 2024

6 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

No Problem  We just need to decide between the Euro's & Speedway semi finals now for our live viewing.:D

Yeah, big sporting day! Wonder what the odds are for both teams going all the way?

I have discovery plus through Sky.  In the past I have watched the Grand Prix 's and league matches with no problem.  However today when I click the FIM Speedway of Nations I get the following,  'Sorry this content isn't available with your current pass from your affiliate provider.    Anyone else having this problem?   

37 minutes ago, Mau said:

I have discovery plus through Sky.  In the past I have watched the Grand Prix 's and league matches with no problem.  However today when I click the FIM Speedway of Nations I get the following,  'Sorry this content isn't available with your current pass from your affiliate provider.    Anyone else having this problem?   

If you go into the menu at the left side of the screen, click sports, then at the top of the screen move across to all sports, scroll down until you get to speedway. Click on one of the recordings as opposed to the current schedule and if you can see the recording you should be OK to watch the live meeting when it comes on. It is probably too early and that may be just a standard message. I have had similar situation  with GPs but always managed to watch them live. Just a quirk of the system it seems.

8 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

If you go into the menu at the left side of the screen, click sports, then at the top of the screen move across to all sports, scroll down until you get to speedway. Click on one of the recordings as opposed to the current schedule and if you can see the recording you should be OK to watch the live meeting when it comes on. It is probably too early and that may be just a standard message. I have had similar situation  with GPs but always managed to watch them live. Just a quirk of the system it seems.

I’ve tried this tonight and it still kept stating I am not eligible. Previously was always available with Sky Sports package. Disgraceful that they can’t put a World Team Championship on Eurosport. To which I can record and watch when I’m free. I have no interest in The Tiddlywinks and Tractor pulling.
I will be cancelling my Sky package as the main reason was for the Speedway. Eurosport has always been so unreliable, changing live World Final events to Discovery is goodbye Sky, save myself £££ per month. Understand it’s not Sky’s call but it’s they I pay. 

4 hours ago, Hodgy said:

I’ve tried this tonight and it still kept stating I am not eligible. Previously was always available with Sky Sports package. Disgraceful that they can’t put a World Team Championship on Eurosport. To which I can record and watch when I’m free. I have no interest in The Tiddlywinks and Tractor pulling.
I will be cancelling my Sky package as the main reason was for the Speedway. Eurosport has always been so unreliable, changing live World Final events to Discovery is goodbye Sky, save myself £££ per month. Understand it’s not Sky’s call but it’s they I pay. 

As your jumping ship from Sky, that you paid for, do you fancy paying for Discovery+ ???

4 hours ago, Hodgy said:

I believe it is free for Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream. If you subscribe to TNT it can be upgraded to include Discovery Premium. Have a word with Sky who are usually helpful (once you get through to a human being). If you have an Amazon Fire Stick and access Google and then type in the search kergel.ucoz.lv you will get a free stream.

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

I believe it is free for Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream. If you subscribe to TNT it can be upgraded to include Discovery Premium. Have a word with Sky who are usually helpful (once you get through to a human being). If you have an Amazon Fire Stick and access Google and then type in the search kergel.ucoz.lv you will get a free stream.

Correct, it’s a good job it is included with Sky Q, I certainly wouldn’t be paying extra for Discovery + just for the speedway and don’t get me started on Eurosport.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Correct, it’s a good job it is included with Sky Q, I certainly wouldn’t be paying extra for Discovery + just for the speedway and don’t get me started on Eurosport.

For those that don't have a tv package that gives access to any speedway the Discovery + deal is quite good IMO. Currently it's a rolling one month contract  at £6.95 so it can be cancelled at any time . If purchased for the duration of the speedway season it would cost approx £50, as cheap as attending a couple of meetings . The app is readily available , most Samsung tv's up to 8yrs of age have it installed I believe plus several other devices ,alternatively a streaming stick can be used.For that price all the GP's, SON etc are covered as are all the british speedway meetings provided on Eurosport. Also there is much more than the speedway to watch on the app for those that don't have paid for tv packages.

I do have a tv package myself but have decided to subscribe to Discovery as I hate the unreliability of the Eurosport Channel when it comes to showing the speedway,  although I can see where Discovery are going by only showing the SON on the app, presently it's a cheap watch.It will be interesting to see what happens to the costs when Eurosport disappears in the none too distant future

Edited by Dave Jones

4 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Thanks. I have Sky Q and could get Discovery Premium last year. I tried last night, logged in but it kept stating I’m not eligible for this channel. As you say seems like an hour on the phone to Sky. Thanks again.

30 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Thanks. I have Sky Q and could get Discovery Premium last year. I tried last night, logged in but it kept stating I’m not eligible for this channel. As you say seems like an hour on the phone to Sky. Thanks again.

Is your account linked up to Sky correctly? Try logging into your account on a laptop, and going into your account settings (top right drop down, click on 'Account'). It should show you what type of subscription you have, and if it comes via Sky (see picture). If it does state Sky, you'll be getting Discovery+ Standard, which includes all speedway (unless you pay for TNT Sports, then you should get Premium).

As for the needing to record stuff, you can re-watch all of the meetings on Discovery+ at your leisure, so it's just as good as having it recorded.

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 11.32.05.png

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Thanks 1