British Speedway Forum

Speedway On Tv And The Internet In 2024

Premier Sports are doing an offer:

‌We have an amazing offer for the Jubilee Celebration! New and returning customers can get an annual subscription (12 months) to Premier Sports for only £70 saving you an incredible £50! This offer is only available this weekend! 

To avail of this offer, simply visit the Premier Sports website here to subscribe and select the annual offer. No promo code is needed.

I would probably have subscribed it had it been priced the other way around, but £70 still seems a bit much as I would only be subscribing for the speedway.  But it maybe of interest to some.

5 hours ago, someone said:

Premier Sports are doing an offer:

I would probably have subscribed it had it been priced the other way around, but £70 still seems a bit much as I would only be subscribing for the speedway.  But it maybe of interest to some.

What is Premier showing….. the GP’s.

If it is the GP’ and they show 10 for example, that would cost £7 per GP….. that would be a bargain in my mind.

9 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

What is Premier showing….. the GP’s.

If it is the GP’ and they show 10 for example, that would cost £7 per GP….. that would be a bargain in my mind.

Premier is showing Swedish and Danish league matches - Tues Weds and Thurs 

It's probably been posted elsewhere but there's some Swedish Speedway on Freesports at the moment, repeated at 4am tomorrow morning.  

Danish speedway 6pm Wed 8/6, maybe repeated 9/6 01:30 am

Swedish speedway 14/06 6pm

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's probably been posted elsewhere but there's some Swedish Speedway on Freesports at the moment, repeated at 4am tomorrow morning.  

Danish speedway 6pm Wed 8/6, maybe repeated 9/6 01:30 am

Swedish speedway 14/06 6pm

Probably posted elsewhere ??- at least in 2 places for days :D

On this very thread - post 1 page 1 and on the Swedish league thread as well :)

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Probably posted elsewhere ??- at least in 2 places for days :D

On this very thread - post 1 page 1 and on the Swedish league thread as well :)

Shouldn't you be watching it:lol:

On 7/10/2022 at 10:59 AM, RS50 said:

See Sheffield have a re-arranged match on Monday 8 August. Anyone know if this is on Eurosport?

Thanks 

if it's against KL... probably yes

Discovery+ has British Premiership speedway, SPEEDWAY gP’s and SofN.

this week there will be 4 speedway meetings, tonight Brit Premiership, We’d &Thurs the SofN semis and Saturday the SofN final.

At £60 per year (offered for £30 at beginning of this year), it works out at £5 per month. This week alone the 4 meetings are going to cost £1.25 each.

Plus I can see WOrld MX gp’s, and British Superbikes.

Whats not to like.

21 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

this week there will be 4 speedway meetings, tonight Brit Premiership, We’d &Thurs the SofN semis and Saturday the SofN final.

At £60 per year (offered for £30 at beginning of this year), it works out at £5 per month. This week alone the 4 meetings are going to cost £1.25 each.

Whats not to like.

You missed SON 2 (U21) on Friday.

20 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Whats not to like.

What is not to like is that I am already paying them through my Sky subscription, I should not have to pay them twice for it.

Plus the thing about being on TV is that's you catch casual viewers.  I got into speedway by being bored one night and catching it on Sky Sports.

And I do consider myself a "sports fan".  There are a few sports I like, mainly cricket, and those are all I watch.  I do not like other motorsports, nor do I even pay any attention to things like the Olympics or World Cups just because they are big occasions, because I know they are of no interest to me.  It should be more difficult for me to get me interested in a sport that most people, yet I had no opinion of speedway, saw some, and I am still here watching it, or trying to.

I would like speedway to do well, and an important part of that will be getting more people interested in the sport.  Great Britain are the reigning World Champions, what a great opportunity this should be to promote the sport.  And if they breeze through the Semi-Final we can just say it is because of how good our team is.  And it should be the main event for trying to attract fans because you do not even have to know who the riders are as you just support your own country.

But we cannot do that because most of the tournament is exclusively on a subscription service where you cannot just see it flipping channels.  And Discovery+ is a niche service at that, the smallest of all the mainstream streaming services.  Whilst it had an Olympics bump, most people were happy just to watch what they could on the B.B.C.

So what else is not to like is that the sport is deliberately contracting, not only shutting itself off from reaching new viewers it is also turning away those who do not have Discovery+.

To quote Eurosport at the time they took over as promoted "Eurosport Events will leverage its long-standing motorsport promotion expertise and the international scale of Discovery to develop the sport and grow Speedway around the world.  The partnership will seek to expand Speedway GP’s international calendar, extend the distribution of the sport on TV and digital platforms, launch Speedway into new territories and increase its audiences around the world."

What is not to like is being lied to.  Because they are doing the exact opposite of that.  They are not increasing audiences, they are reducing the distribution on TV.  Using Discovery+ to provide extra depth, such as more analysis when TV viewers see commercials, or to cover more events like the Team U21 World Championship, is fine.  Make money from existing speedway fans that way.  But the Speedway of Nations was a mainstream event taken out of the mainstream.

There is lots not to like.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1