British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Colts 2017

He's had tons more competitive practice than Smith & Bewley, but that doesn't necessarily make him better than them, but hard to compare. It's easier to compare him to JPB though and I'd suggest they would be on par with each other at 15 years old.

I have only see a couple of the junior events but what i have seen young Brennan at Eastie looked the better rider also i believe Jenkins at Mildenhall is going places.For me now though you would say championship racing would be to much for Brennan/Jenkins.We have those mentioned the Thompson's Flint,Mcgurk,some young talent to look forward to the future looks brighter.

I have only see a couple of the junior events but what i have seen young Brennan at Eastie looked the better rider also i believe Jenkins at Mildenhall is going places.For me now though you would say championship racing would be to much for Brennan/Jenkins.We have those mentioned the Thompson's Flint,Mcgurk,some young talent to look forward to the future looks brighter.

I'd be inclined to agree that the Chanpionship this season is too much for Brennan & Jenkins but then Bewley was impressive by going straight into it. But it's a non-starter anyway as both are still 15 years old.

This is the team I put together for Belle Vue in December... When the limit was still 40 and I thought that reserves should get 2.00 averages, like in the EL AND PL

1. Dan Bewley 8.65

2. James Shanes 8.63

3. Joe Jacobs 8.53

4. Rob Shuttleworth 6.60/Jack Smith 6.32

5. Andy Mellish 3.21

6. David Holt 2.00

7. Kyle Bickley 2.00

Total: 39.62/39.11

Still hope Joe Jacobs gets that team spot.....

Also, any idea why James Shanes only has a EL spot?

Jacobs only did one NL match for IOW last year, scoring a 15 point maximum.

8.63 was his average from Mildenhall 2014.

So his average would be double whatever his PL average is?

That's a shame really because it means he's less likely to get a team place anywhere now... Same goes for the likes of Stefan, the new system has been really harsh on some Brits.....

• Like 1

I would expect Smith to ride at No2 as he will ride with Bewley in the Aces team and good to get to know each other.

It would mean that they lacked the extra fire power at 3&4 though. Id expect Bickley to be at 2 after the first set of averages anyway.

Strong looking side though. Much will depend on the meetings the double uppers miss, if Shuttleworth's confidence rises or falls with his Championship rides and how the Woodhulls fare but i dont see many teams beating them at home.

Don't think they look like Birmingham did over the last 2 years,they pretty much looked likely to win it from day one in the league, unless Eastie had raised their game at the end of last season which they didn't. Don't get me wrong will be one of the challengers, but only one of 5/6 teams this year.

Kyle Bickley is an exciting prospect.

I saw him at Scunthorpe in the second half riding his 250 where he won all three of his rides.

However the most impressive thing was that two of his times were faster than all 6 MDL races in the second half that night and they were on 500's.

• Like 1