British Speedway Forum

Tai Interview

its a damming insight into the world of woffinden , it works for him and that's great but to inflict it on everybody else is blinkered and pig headed , there is no i in team but there is in tai , the riders in GB are what they are and going down the tai route isn't going to change that .if the riders really thought tai's way was the way for them then there is nothing stopping them doing it individually

Maybe thats why there all bang average. Will never understand why you wouldn't at least try to be the best. Tai is a winner.. sometimes that rubs losers up the wrong way

• Like 3

Maybe it's just us old "dinosaurs" who don't like every other word in a rider's interview to be "f**king this and f**king that". I don't and believe it comes across he's a spoilt brat ( at 26?) with a very limited vocabulary. There are plenty of negative expressive ways of venting his disappointment ( some of which I understand). I wish the powers that be / those pulling the strings of speedway would let Tai run Team GB for five years - because without him we are unlikely to see a medal again. We have nothing too loser by doing it his way ( only those expletive filled views! ).

So you want a spoilt brat running team gb

Maybe thats why there all bang average. Will never understand why you wouldn't at least try to be the best. Tai is a winner.. sometimes that rubs losers up the wrong way

tai is a winner because he has what it takes and what works for him and that is fine but it obviously doesn't work for everyone , it's no bother to me if it's tried or not and yes being the best does rub people up the wrong way but just being the best individual doesn't make you the best team player
  • Like 3

If I was a speedway rider and Tai Woffinden invited me to any sort of training (apart from media/PR!), frankly invited me anywhere I go, I'd follow and I'd copy. I certainly wouldn't ignore his offer.

If the rest can't take advice and help off one of the best riders of recent times then they're morons!

If I was a speedway rider and Tai Woffinden invited me to any sort of training (apart from media/PR!), frankly invited me anywhere I go, I'd follow and I'd copy. I certainly wouldn't ignore his offer.

If the rest can't take advice and help off one of the best riders of recent times then they're morons!

Havvy was world champion when I was racing, would I seak advice off him, not a chance, couldn't stand him or the way he acted and this is how a number of riders feel about TW.

Exactly. You don't even have to like the bloke, just respect him for his achievements.

Exactly. You don't even have to like the bloke, just respect him for his achievements.

Respect for a person generates from the way they behave. Has Tai Woffinden shown that quality! As HE MIGHT say - "Not fxxxxxx likely!" :wink:

Respect for a person generates from the way they behave. Has Tai Woffinden shown that quality! As HE MIGHT say - "Not fxxxxxx likely!" :wink:

Behaviour such as winning the World Championship twice?

I fail to see how winning two world championships can be quoted as a person's behaviour. A sporting achievement IMO is far removed from how one appears in personal life. But if you can show me an equation between the two I would be interested to see it MarkK.

I fail to see how winning two world championships can be quoted as a person's behaviour. A sporting achievement IMO is far removed from how one appears in personal life. But if you can show me an equation between the two I would be interested to see it MarkK.

surely even you can se the benefit of trying to learn off one of the best riders in the world? As Matt says you don't have to like him but why would you not try to learn from him? For what's its worth I don't like his delivery but how anyone can argue with the point is beyond me,

I agree that a rider can look at what Tai (or anyone else of the top riders) do and see if there is anything they can do similar or if there is anything they can learn.

However that does not mean that just copying Tai's way of doing things is going to work for another rider.

Here is an interview with rally driver Jari-Matti Latvala. Obviously rallying and speedway are different things but I still think it is relevant for the discussion,

Jari-Matti Latvala has talked of the pressure he felt at Volkswagen last year and how his failure to match the achievements of team-mate Sébastien Ogier prompted a drastic change of approach that ultimately backfired.

Latvala tried a radical approach with the set-up of his Polo R in an effort to emulate his rival's success.

"Being in the same car, I thought I will do the exactly the same set-up as Seb. If we drive the same car, it will be only about the driving," he explained.

"But every driver has little differences to their style and set-up. So in trying to drive like Sébastien, trying to brake the same way, I went away from my own identity and my own style.

After four months I had dropped even more. I just couldn't do it the same way. "The only way for me is to drive the way I have learned and am confident with -

not to try to copy what anybody else is doing. Even the world champion."

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/february-2017/latvala-and-ogier-/page/4329--12-12-.html

Edited by Ghostwalker

It's possible they dislike him so much that they won't possibly take his advice.
  • Like 4

I didn't buy friendship with riders

start down that route again pal and theres trouble.

you live in your own moronic little warped world where you believe you lined up against world champions when time and again you cant prove anything.

My uncle did used to sponsor Mark when he was a young mascot, maybe if more people did that for young british talent then they could boost their careers.

My uncle could have helped you maybe but you were so rubbish that nobody would have noticed.

Ive told you before start mocking my deceased family members and i will respond