British Speedway Forum

The Darcy Ward Invitational 2017 - Poole

Staying away? Thought the place was pretty full myself.

As for asking for a refund, well I honestly can't believe anyone would seriouly dream of doing such a thing. It was hardly a league meeting. It was a fund raiser for Darcy.

To ask for a refund is quite frankly completely and utterly wrong in my opinion.

Steve this was a fund raiser for Darcy. Fans where sold tickets for a speedway meeting the proceeds of which were to go to Darcy's rehabilatation.

What the fans got was shafted. A track that was obviously not raceable from the start and the distinct impression the management knew this but decicded to get 8 heats raced just to take the cash from the fans. any right minded person would feel aggrieved and expect some recompense. If I sponsor someone to do a sky dive and they put on a parachute and jump off a dustbin I wouldn't hand over my money.

The place wont even be half full wednesday night for the next meeting.

Well with all your powers why didn't you go out and tell the riders to continue so we could have had value for money.???? I am disgusted with your attitude and faired you better than this Steve. We all know the track was bad, it was NOT a charity event get that sorted in your head. We are not all minted like you. I do not hesitate to give to a worthy cause in charity but this was not fulfilling it's offer. I bet Fat Maud will still fill his pockets out of this. You make me cringe more than all this shambles to be honest you are the only one on this forum with your views and you will not see the picture! After 45 years I am shafted with this sport. Belle Vue was bad enough as myself and my son left the Leicester meeting early to get there at the time. However a refund was issued. I do not expect a refund on this occasion. I and thousands of other fans simply expect a DISCOUNT next week. That is not taking Darcy's money that way. It comes out of Matt's pocket as he allowed this meeting to take place when clearly even you knew the track was not fit in the first place. Please don't keep replying with contempt and rubbish you clearly are on your own. I wonder what our new sponsors Volvo Cars think of it all? A sheer bloody embarrassment. A massive respected company having anything to do with a half hearted half witted organisation! And as for Giles!!!! Ha the less said the better.

Go and ask for a refund then. Christ almighty if you feel so ripped off with Poole speedway stop going! Moan bloody moan whinge whinge whinge.

Nowt wrong with Giles good bloke.

Go and ask for a refund then. Christ almighty if you feel so ripped off with Poole speedway stop going! Moan bloody moan whinge whinge whinge.

it's attitude like that that gets clubs closed

• Like 7

when was the last time the track had rain on it prior to Friday evening then?

I'm sure if you knew the track was iffy and the track manager knew too, but travelled, you would be bleating about it calling it a shambles - the same as many Poole fans did last year with Belle Vue

Belle Vue's call off had nothing to do with the weather. It was track build.

It rained Thursday morning up until lunchtime. My guess is they didn't touch the track hoping the 30 hours would be long enough for it to dry out.

• Like 1

It rained Thursday morning up until lunchtime. My guess is they didn't touch the track hoping the 30 hours would be long enough for it to dry out.

So if you're right they're wholly to blame for the fiasco. No professional organisation planning a meeting with an expected big crowd and riders and fans travelling long distances would hope the track would have had long enough time dry. They would test it and make sure it had.

Holder is telling us that it was obvious there were problems on the track walk so the promoters, even with a quick inspection, could have known early enough to prevent at least some fans traveling and certainly before taking the money at the turnstiles.

• Like 1

So you would take money back from a charity meeting after you have given it?

Unbelievable.

In a word, yes. The charity money was given for a full meeting, which the fans didnt get.

Good to see Darcy Ward wants to give the fans a refund and he will no doubt rightly gain a lot of respect from that

• Like 5

How does this effect Poole season ticket holders who have effectively already paid for next wednesday's reduced price meeting - please don't say we just get a free programme :-(

You get a free programme, yes, really!

Good that something has been done, but those that didn't even get there last night benefit! I get a 2 fingered salute as I cant make Wednesday. It could and should be that if you produce your ticket from the original meeting, you get a reduction over the next few meetings.

Another own goal by Ford and Co.

• Like 1

There must be something seriously wrong with the track if you can't get it raceable with 30hrs of dry weather.I'm sure you would moan if it was at any other track and it got called off.I've seen you post in the past things like "it's stopped raining in Coventry at 1pm,so should be ok for tonight".You seem to think other clubs should be able to get a track ok in 7-8 hrs but you allow Poole 30 hrs.Whats the difference?It's those glasses you wear that are the difference.

Good that something has been done, but those that didn't even get there last night benefit! I get a 2 fingered salute as I cant make Wednesday. It could and should be that if you produce your ticket from the original meeting, you get a reduction over the next few meetings.

What about the ones that don't even attend Poole but did for this meeting.They most definately have been shafted.

• Like 3

i think you will find that Matt did not put this meeting on it was done by Darcy's Foundation. If that's the case a good jester by Matt for reduced admission on weds
  • Like 1

Pleased that a discount has been given. However they did it some would lose out co tickets have been thrown away, fans can't ge back to Poole. So credit where it's due, they've tried.

Maybe Steve Shovlar should get a bucket and stand at the turnstiles for folk to put their discount in for Darcy as he is so adamant they shouldn't want it

The explanation, inclement weather causing dampness to rise to the surface, sounds familiar. I wonder where they got that idea from. The difference is that Belle Vue discovered it was caused by the landfill refuse. I hope someone hasn't been making money on the side burying rubbish under the track. 😂

Good to see that some fans are now being offered something although it hardly represents fair compensation for the number of heats they didn't see and offers nothing at all to those who wouldn't be going to Poole next week.

Edited by Aces51

What a pathetic shallow creep you really are! You're worse than Starman. Maybe a few hundred might stop going how does that fit in with your idealisms. Giles too. You really are a leach. And while I'm at it.....Perhaps the H and S creeps might like to visit you when you're periscoping which as you are well aware is banned. You might be too! What cocky answer do you have for that.?

Periscope is banned for league meetings, not individual none contracted meetings.

What a miserable old git you are. Moan moan bloody moan. Christ what a miserable person.

Slagged off Poole, slagged off Matt, slagged off Giles, slagged off the security woman. Want you money back from a fund raising meeting. Really glad I don't know you.

And after all this Matt Ford gives a discount to the next meeting. Well done to him though he didn't need to. A fund raiser is a fund raiser. I hope this sniffy bloke has the courtesy to seek out Matt and Giles and personally apologise to them after slagging them off.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue was a new track and the unknown how it would react, Poole has been there for years and still doesn't get any better.

My guess is Matt isn't paying out for track work as he won't be there to benefit from it.

So if it stopped raining on Thursday morning before a Friday evening meeting, I'd suggest you need new track staff.

Had the Young Stars P&P on Wednesday, absolutely threw it down with rain, but Buster said if it stops he'll take the surface off so the team could get laps in.

Instead we came back on Thursday and the track was perfect

• Like 1

Belle Vue was a new track and the unknown how it would react, Poole has been there for years and still doesn't get any better.

My guess is Matt isn't paying out for track work as he won't be there to benefit from it.

So if it stopped raining on Thursday morning before a Friday evening meeting, I'd suggest you need new track staff.

Had the Young Stars P&P on Wednesday, absolutely threw it down with rain, but Buster said if it stops he'll take the surface off so the team could get laps in.

Instead we came back on Thursday and the track was perfect

Good for them they didn't get the heavy rain that swept along the south coast.

Holder was interviewed on tv tonight in Torun and stated that there was so much moisture in the track and as the meeting went on the moisture came out and the track got very spongy. Nothing the track staff could do about it as it was cold so they had to stop.