British Speedway Forum

The Darcy Ward Invitational 2017 - Poole

Several riders who begged FANS to pay £50k for ward to be flown back from Poland to the Uk when in fact £50k was a small amount to him and his mates.who were making a fortune in Poland but they thought the stupid fans would pay and they did and still continue to pay money to DW43 but they don't towards the British riders in wheelchairs who don't have a nice home on the gold coast or the privileged support ward gets that they didn't in their own country.

Time British fans supported their own.

Why don't you start a fund up for the British boys and/or promote a meeting every year,people would support it, it's not Darcy's fault that fans and riders cared enough to help him ..... and it's ridiculous that it keeps coming up imo!

Why don't you start a fund up for the British boys and/or promote a meeting every year,people would support it, it's not Darcy's fault that fans and riders cared enough to help him ..... and it's ridiculous that it keeps coming up imo!

I am really tired of DW43 brand seeking benefit meetings, it's clearly damaged any future ones after last Friday and it could be the last one in the uk.

Maybe Poole will hold the Ben Fund next year.

• Like 2

The Darcy Ward Foundation is not simply raising money for Darcy himself. The foundation is aiming to assist other sports people (primarily but not exclusively) motor sports people who suffer similar debilitating injuries.

It was originally stated that the DW 43 Foundation Benefit meeting would be held annually at Poole in addition to the ones currently also in Australia and Poland.

What I am confused by is the purpose of the Darcy Ward foundation. Some have suggested on this thread that it exists to support not only Darcy, but also other injured riders, while others have suggested that it solely exists to fund Darcy Ward and his recovery efforts.

Does anyone know of anyone who has benefited from the fund aside from Darcy Ward?

This isn't intended as a dig at Darcy or anyone else - I'm just curious...

Reading the official Darcy Ward Foundation website it appears it is to aid Darcy and it says it hopes in the future it MAY help others but it gives no time scale.

Is it an officially registered charity, can't find any reference on website. There is no agenda to the question just curiousity.

• Like 2

Reading the official Darcy Ward Foundation website it appears it is to aid Darcy and it says it hopes in the future it MAY help others but it gives no time scale.

Is it an officially registered charity, can't find any reference on website. There is no agenda to the question just curiousity.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Darcy said that as the meeting was held on Red Nose day, some of the funds were going to be donated to that??

Mind you I could have dreamt that of course ;):rolleyes::unsure:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Darcy said that as the meeting was held on Red Nose day, some of the funds were going to be donated to that??

Mind you I could have dreamt that of course ;):rolleyes::unsure:

You didn't dream it, not sure but I think Matt Ford mentioned it too. However I was refering to the Darcy Ward Foundation website http://www.darcywardfoundation.com/ from which the following is taken

Our vision is to provide lifetime support for Darcy and maybe even to grow to such an extent that the DWF will eventually support other deserving causes.

I and many others at Somerset last night are still angry about the way the whole thing has been handled.

I for one will not give the ungrateful brat another penny, thats for sure.

When you read his website it comes over very clear he isnt going to be helping anyone soon, if at all.

Just lip service and a con in my book.

• Like 7

The Darcy Ward Foundation is a Private Limited Company details can be found here:-

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10454077

Directors are Neil Middleditch, Diane Turner, Jill Smith. Darcy Ward is not listed as a director which seems weird?

If you'd like to check Registered Charities you can do it here:-

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/AdvancedSearch.aspx

I could not see The Darcy Ward Foundation listed as a charity so I'd assume they'll be paying taxes such as Corp Tax etc

Edited by Olga