British Speedway Forum

Your Greatest 10 British Riders Of All Time.?

Sidney the robin

Why are you such a PLANK? a cretin of the highest order.

So it is one rule for some and another rule for others is it Robin?

You didn't keep to the rules,why should i?

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83567&do=findComment&comment=2920166

Southampton and Norwich would be top of the list for me,if we are talking about tracks outside of London

Edited by iris123

So it is one rule for some and another rule for others is it Robin?

You didn't keep to the rules,why should i?

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83567&do=findComment&comment=2920166

Southampton and Norwich would be top of the list for me,if we are talking about tracks outside of London

GROW UP man god what a joke you are.!😆

Andrew Silver round the old frying pan,that would have been worth the money alone.What a sight to see him hanging off round those bends,eh?

Which brings me to another thought......pick 4 British riders and a track for a great race

I would love to have seen Farndon,Collins,Craven and Lee in a series of heats at New Cross

Edited by iris123

Andrew Silver round the old frying pan,that would have been worth the money alone.What a sight to see him hanging off round those bends,eh?

Which brings me to another thought......pick 4 British riders and a track for a great race

I would love to have seen Farndon,Collins,Craven and Lee in a series of heats at New Cross

I think your next step is the funny farm strange behaviour hope you have plenty of pills to pop.😊

The Sidney And Iris Thread

Started by norbold, 13 Dec 2016

I have just moved off topic a little bit,just like you did on another thread today John.Are you saying you and Sid are allowed(his Southampton remark)but i am not?What is your point?

Belle Vue or Cradley?

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83556

Edited by iris123

Peter Craven

Freddie Williams

Tommy Price

Kenny Carter

Peter Collins

John Louis

Ray Wilson

Split Waterman

Martin Ashby

Have to base my selection on riders I saw race. In no particular order.

1. Peter Collins

2. Malcolm Simmons

3. John Louis

4. Michael Lee

5. Martin Ashby

6. Dave Jessup

7. Chris Morton

8. Kenny Carter

9. Terry Betts

10. Ray Wilson

Res. Gordon Kennett

In my lifetime ( was too young to see Craven ride ) , you have to put Woffinden top of the list . Despite him turning his back on British Speedway , he is a double world champion .

1 Tai Woffinden

2 Peter Collins

3 Michael Lee

4 Mark Loram

5 Dave Jessup

6 Malcolm Simmons

7 John Louis

8 Chris Morton

9 Eric Boocock

10 Kenny Carter

Edited by Paulco

From the riders I remember (early 80's onwards):

Woffinden, Carter, Lee, K Tatum (personal favourite at Plough Lane) , Loram, P. Collins, Simmons, Morton, Wigg, C Louis

As for that mythical race at New Cross, you've surely got to include George Newton ... ;)

Peter Craven,Peter Collins,Mike Lee,Bruce Penhall,Mark Loram,Tommy Jansson,Tom Farndon,Brain Crutcher,Split Waterman,Fred Williams

When did Tommy Jansson and Bruce Penhall adopt British nationality? The thread's title is

Your Greatest 10 British Riders Of All Time.?

Edited by Guest

I'm more concerned that he left buzz burrows, Mike bast and Barry butterworth off his list!

Just for you waihekeaces1: Another memory of New Zealand speedway legend Barry Butterworth who was also a star in Australia and the USA. Rightly regarded as one of his country's speedway all-time greats - but TBH not really one of the Top 10 British Riders of All Time. Enjoy - I think the photo was taken at the Western Springs track in New Zealand.

13418656_1375924082424194_85790784418273

A Link in regard to New Zealand speedway legend Barry Butterworth.

http://www.barrybutterworthracing.com/index.php/the-story

Edited by Guest