British Speedway Forum

Rye House V Wolverhampton Sat 1st April

i asked Adam last night ,he said he has never rode at rye house and he wasn't in Chris neath testimonial

Sure I've watched him do his famous donut somewhere. Only been to Wolves twice, a U21 or U18 meeting which Branford won and a Gary Peterson memorial meeting which I think was the year NBJ rode or it could have been Linus.

With just a couple of days until our long awaited first meeting in the big boys league I've a few concerns about Saturday.

Firstly, Wolves have already had a couple of meetings this week and will be sharper.

As far as I know only Rob Branford, Bomber and Scott Nicholls have had any competetive laps, but nothing this past week. Don't think Edward and Davey Watt have had any recently.

With gating being especially important at Rye I can see us being left at the starts.

Personally, I think it was a mistake not to hold a challenge meeting, but with the ongoing situation at the stadium that would've made it difficult.

Secondly, those of us who were at Rye on Wednesday would've been disappointed at the progress on the stadium rebuild. I hope fears aren't realised, but I can see only see a Wolves win.

Edited by Shads

With just a couple of days until our long awaited first meeting in the big boys league I've a few concerns about Saturday.

Firstly, Wolves have already had a couple of meetings this week and will be sharper.

As far as I know only Rob Branford, Bomber and Scott Nicholls have had any competetive laps, but nothing this past week. Don't think Edward and Davey Watt have had any recently.

With gating being especially important at Rye I can see us being left at the starts.

Personally, I think it was a mistake not to hold a challenge meeting, but with the ongoing situation at the stadium that would've made it difficult.

Secondly, those of us who were at Rye on Wednesday would've been disappointed at the progress on the stadium rebuild. I hope fears aren't realised, but I can see only see a Wolves win.

Seriously? I think Rye are a better team than Wolves and should see them off with relative ease on Saturday. Wolves were completely inept last night. I know Rye is a similare size to Monmore but you should have more faith.

If Wolves dont turn up like they didn't at ours Rye will walk all over them..