British Speedway Forum

Lawson Or Masters?

To be fair to Lawson he's hardly the only GT around in modern speedway and he's not in the EL because his team dropped two divisions and Leicester were unable to accommodate him due to race nights.

While not having as extreme views as others I can see the value of making sure that all British riders who wish to double up getting spots before foreigners are considered for doubling up. The systems was designed for our own in the first place.

If i am right in saying that a Prem league team cannot sign 3 riders that ride for the same Champ team how can Belle vue fit in Richie when Bewley and Smith are said to be in the team all Glasgow riders.It would seem Belle vue have no choice but to leave one out.

Rumour has it that its Sedgman and Berge but Worral and Berge fits under the points limit i know which pair i would have if the rules would allow it.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

nope just you, lawson is a one trick pony - miss the gate he might as well pull up - thats why he isn't in the top div.

You obviously never saw him at Ashfield last year then come to think off it you probably weren't at Armadale either.

So what do you base this assumption on as at a guess you never saw him ride last season at all to make this assumption or are you just commenting on hear say.

nope just you, lawson is a one trick pony - miss the gate he might as well pull up - thats why he isn't in the top div.

Stevedumb has a twin, your missing the point, How many British riders have quit British speedway over the last 5-10 years because they couldn't make it pay as they were not getting equal pay and chances compared to the average Johnny Foreigner.

Will Poland let Lawson,Worrall ride over there or will Poland make sure they look after there own first and help them improve with more rides rather than a Brit taking there rides.

My final decision is as follows:

The cases against L.Bjerre and E.Riss I will dismiss on a legal technicality as both are EU citizens and while the UK is still a member of that, they unfortunately have equal rights but not for much longer we hope.

However, S.Masters, J.Grazjonek and J.Holder must be dismissed forthwith from their jobs at Wolverhampton,Somerset,and Peterborough respectively and replaced by R.Worrall,S.Neilsen and S.Lawson (the three employers should decide between themselves on the exact allocation).

All 6 of the above are Speedway riders and therefore from a legal point of view are all of one single occupational category and therefore interchangeable.

This decision will correct a situation whereby non-EU visitors have been provided with employment at the expense of EU citizens who carry out the same job.

I will inform the Department of Labour of my decision on Monday morning and it will be immediately binding on the parties.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><>

Is Steve Lawson making a comeback then.....? [s. Lawson]..

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Whilst I agree that Masters is a better rider, I would dissagree that he is far better, as some posters have posted.

Lawson on 8.22 and Masters on 8.97 shows there is not a vast difference.

I can't wait for Brexit.

Aussie riders can bugger off.

How is brexit going affect Aussie riders?

People moan more about the state of the national team, let's keep the average Johnny Foreigner coming and we won't have a national team.

When a world champion and our best rider goesnt want to ride for the national team then that is because we allow foreign riders here is it?
  • Like 2

When a world champion and our best rider goesnt want to ride for the national team then that is because we allow foreign riders here is it?

Exactly , when our best rider reckons British speedway is beneath him , then the Back the Brit rallying cry takes a bit of a bashing

• Like 3

This isn't a frivolous one!

Sam Masters, Australian and average 8.97 has a team place in each league.

Richard Lawson, British and average 8.22, has one team place but isn't fixed up with one in the Premiership.

Is it time for Wolverhampton to now do the decent thing and give the Brit a job?

All English riders ie) Lawson,R.Worrall,Bridger should all be fixed up before foreigners come in.

Not going to read through all the posts will will react to the first two on this subject and in the first post, it is not up to Wolverhampton or any club to say we should drop a rider for a British rider, especially when that rider rode for that team last season. So while I understand the original intention of the post, surely it's more fitting to name Poole and Kasprzak or Coventry and Bjerre or Kings Lynn and Holder who have bought in NEW signings that are foreigners ahead of Lawson.

Then of course you have Leicester who waited and waited and then name a Swede at number one but not Lawson who rode for them in the past or for that matter Worrall, Bridger etc that they could have named instead so the original post needs changing to tracks that are bringing in Newcforeign signings ahead of Lawson, Worrall etc. Plus Belle Vue have yet to name their team but if Fricke is included that's another ahead of the league champions that could have been more aptly named first.

Yes the British riders should have been looked after more and quite frankly while each track has to name two British riders, this should have been from the six team members with the number seven being a Fast a Track National League rider. You have to ask though why riders are being bought in ahead of some British riders and the decision to allow doubling up riders continue to dominate teams, the best option for the long term of British Speedway should have been more beneficial to have cut out the big earners and GP stars and bring in ONE big league consisting of more fixtures and riders committed to riding here.

Britain has been treading water for years using the life jacket filled with Sky money but while they have paid out big wages and high running costs, how many owners and promoters do you see that don't turn up in new cars with private number plates or go home to a two bed semi in the local town.

If they lose so much money each season then get out, shut the sport down and switch the lights off on the way out OR run it at a level that befits the income from crowd levels, sponsorships and TV rights and do it to benefit the home grown riders that one day may be good enough to say Bye Bye Britain I'm off to conquer the World and Poland in the big money races. But until then, develop the riders, develop the tracks and teams and make it a clear profitable sport for all so we can all be broke in private registered cars.

How is brexit going affect Aussie riders?

TW doesn't want to ride for team GB because he didn't get the money he wanted and chucked his dummy out, I hope he never rides again for team GB

Britain will be as bad as the Czech's without Woffy.

Anyway it's off topic but no surprise the usual Tai hater and troll feels a need to bring him in yet another topic.

Off topic as always.^^^^^^^^^^^

Your first line is off topic then and you still carry on with insults, your obsessed with my posts, you need to get a life.

Your first line is off topic then and you still carry on with insults, your obsessed with my posts, you need to get a life.

What would your thoughts be if Lambert turned his back to team GB after he had to take out a German licence to pursuit his career. Genuine Question!