British Speedway Forum

Lawson Or Masters?

Watt had loads of chances last season, plus hire vans paid for , good signing on fees at two elite clubs, excellent start money,A Brit wouldn't get the same as watt last season.

I could but I won't

So therefore you don't know. As expected.

A comparison would suffice. Say Watt compared to Lawson??

I'm assuming you don't know tho.

So therefore you don't know. As expected.

A comparison would suffice. Say Watt compared to Lawson??

I'm assuming you don't know tho.

That's the point I do know what some very average Aussies have got out of British promoters and what better British riders haven't got from British promoters.

Did Lawson buy his own van by any chance and how about watt did he buy a van to turn up at Leicester ? You tell me stevebrum as you know it all or think you do.

Their are far worse servants to British Speedway that Lawson should replace on similar averages than Masters who came back to British Speedway after being banned for a year. Stupid topic.

That's the point I do know what some very average Aussies have got out of British promoters and what better British riders haven't got from British promoters.

Did Lawson buy his own van by any chance and how about watt did he buy a van to turn up at Leicester ? You tell me stevebrum as you know it all or think you do.

Eh? You are clearly the one claiming to 'know it all'.

I only asked for an example as it appears you 'think you do'.

Tells me nothing.

This isn't a frivolous one!

Sam Masters, Australian and average 8.97 has a team place in each league.

Richard Lawson, British and average 8.22, has one team place but isn't fixed up with one in the Premiership.

Is it time for Wolverhampton to now do the decent thing and give the Brit a job?

Masters no question is miles ahead.

But imo the following should be implemented:

- foreign riders should not be able to d/u

-British riders should get a % deduction for team building

- minimum 3 or 4 brits per team

And Lawson is surely no les Collins!

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 2

Their are far worse servants to British Speedway that Lawson should replace on similar averages than Masters who came back to British Speedway after being banned for a year. Stupid topic.

he wasn't 'banned'. He was unable to get his visa.

Banned???? Did I miss something?

It's Col not getting his facts right again.

• Like 2

he wasn't 'banned'. He was unable to get his visa.

It's Col not getting his facts right again.

He was Banned from racing in the Uk as he had no visa.

Banned???? Did I miss something?

Didn't qualify for a visa so banned from entering the uk to race.

Eh? You are clearly the one claiming to 'know it all'.

I only asked for an example as it appears you 'think you do'.

Tells me nothing.

You don't seem to know much stevebrum

Masters potentially the better rider, but at this stage of his career has never finished a season with a Championship average above 9, something Lawson achieved in 2015. Was then called the Premier league.

Neither has Masters gone to Poole and beat the Turbo Twins, as Lawson has. At his best Lawson is a very good rider. His trouble is he doesn't seem to have a regular mechanic and seems to do all his own driving which mush grind him down over the season. He always seemed to start the season like an express train at Lakeside but was losing his edge by mid season. However Speedwáy is his living and as far as the comparison with Les Collins is concerned, he probably will be much the same getting a decent living but it wouldn't surprise me if over a career he finishes up with more in the bank than Masters, even though Masters perhaps hit a few more high spots.

I don't see Masters as a second Jason Doyle though. At the moment he is not even a second Dave Watt or Adam Shields.

Masters was refused a visa and therefore entry into the UK. The 'ban' if one wishes to name it that, was from entering the country, the fact is he couldn't race speedway, or do anything else, in the UK at the time. Here's a ban:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/speedway-drug-ban-for-bulldog-bird-473656

• Like 1

Masters potentially the better rider, but at this stage of his career has never finished a season with a Championship average above 9, something Lawson achieved in 2015. Was then called the Premier league.

And Lawsons have a Championship place. But Masters has, AFAIK, always been ahead of Lawson in the EL/Premiership.

He was Banned from racing in the Uk as he had no visa.

Didn't qualify for a visa so banned from entering the uk to race.

You don't seem to know much stevebrum

It wasn't a ban. Being refused a visa isn't a ban. You don't know much do you Robert72.

I don't claim to be 'in the know', unlike you.

So the reality is I know as much as you.

It wasn't a ban. Being refused a visa isn't a ban. You don't know much do you Robert72.

I don't claim to be 'in the know', unlike you.

So the reality is I know as much as you.

So he could of come over and raced then or did he have his visa refused banning him from riding in the uk ? You know more stevebrum Lol