British Speedway Forum

Lawson Or Masters?

Now Richie Worrall has been dumped on as well.

It's wrong for a foreign rider to be signed up to two clubs while two Brits want to be and can't. Could Wolves let go of Masters and Skornicki (he can go and ride in Poland, they look after their own), and bring in Lawson and Worrall instead? They'd be doing the right thing for Britain.

It's wrong for a foreign rider to be signed up to two clubs while two Brits want to be and can't. Could Wolves let go of Masters and Skornicki (he can go and ride in Poland, they look after their own), and bring in Lawson and Worrall instead? They'd be doing the right thing for Britain.

This has been happening for years and nothing changes, Johnny Foreigner gets better looked after by British promoters.

#BacktheBrits

• Like 1

Have you been watching the DVD of you riding round loomer road then , I agree it's pure comedy seeing you on a bike.

For pure comedy I like to read your threads on when you claimed you rode, before you had your ban for trolling. Always makes me smile.

Belle Vue could retain Richie instead of Fricke, isn't that looking after Brits as well.

Why wolves and not Leicester? (Nilsson), Poole? (Andersen), Somerset? (Tungate or Grajczonek), Swindon? (Morris).

Of course you failed to mention that Belle Vue are probably retaining Fricke and bringing in Sedgmen (both Aussies), yet I don't see this being mentioned on their threads or threads of any other team.

Plus it's not the first time you have mentioned it so I'm assuming you have an axe to grind with Wolves which shows up your argument for the nonsense that it is!

• Like 1

But masters is a better rider than either of those two Brits why would Wolves want a worse rider, Skornicki is a Wolves legend and will be a father figure like PK nobody was saying why can't Lawson or Worrall ride instead of PK.

But masters is a better rider than either of those two Brits why would Wolves want a worse rider, Skornicki is a Wolves legend and will be a father figure like PK nobody was saying why can't Lawson or Worrall ride instead of PK.

And how can you argue that one team should drop 2 riders when the team who dumped the rider is using 2 Aussies instead (apparently)!

You just can't make this defence up!!! :rofl:

I don't agree you should drop Masters or anyone else but I can't see how Belle Vue dumped Worrall. His contract last year was with the old promotion. So far as I know the new promotion, if they are ever confirmed, never made any promises and are surely free to start with a clean slate and offer contracts to whoever they want.

Having said that I would have liked to have seen Richie offered a place because of his loyalty and because he is British even though I think that there are better options available to create an overall stronger team.

He's better than either of the Brits too.

So you would rather have Johnny Foreigner than a Brit ?

Not too long ago people cringed that tai was our only hope in the GP series and he was not good enough but he proved everybody wrong, leaving Brits out in British Speedway just puts a massive nail into the coffin of our national teams future.

Teams should be made to field a large amount of Brits in every meeting, look at our manager of team gb who packed his club side 1-5 last season with Aussies and won nothing.

#backthebrits

Aplogies, I'd overlooked Grazjonek.

That brings Somerset into the equation now.

Both were at Somerset in 2015 and Grajczonek averaged over 2 points more at home than Worrall who struggled at the OTA all year. Average wise they might be similar but from a Somerset point of view who I assume primarily want a side to win home meetings there is no comparison. Add to that the fact that Grajczonek is captain and very popular, it would probably mean losing supporters!

In this case I'm sure Richie would have a place if he'd been told by Belle Vue earlier he wasn't in their plans. For obvious reasons that couldn't happen and it's clearly not great for him but it would also be wrong to just dump a rider for no valid reason a month before the season starts.

Then theres Lasse Bjerre, Jack Holder, Erik Riss - these 3 also each have two UK employments.

Are any of them Brit-blocking in either of their employments?

They are not Brit blocking, it is up to their British counterparts to prove they are worth a place ahead of the foreign riders

So you would rather have Johnny Foreigner than a Brit ?

Not too long ago people cringed that tai was our only hope in the GP series and he was not good enough but he proved everybody wrong, leaving Brits out in British Speedway just puts a massive nail into the coffin of our national teams future.

Teams should be made to field a large amount of Brits in every meeting, look at our manager of team gb who packed his club side 1-5 last season with Aussies and won nothing.

#backthebrits

It is not a case of preferring a foreign rider it is a case of getting a better rider for your team or getting a rider who is likely to improve his average. I dont think promoters are sgainst British riders and they are generally a cheaper option so why would a foreign rider get preferential treatment