British Speedway Forum

Cook Or Kasprzak

Winning a World Cup for Poland in a TEAM event shows he's a better rider ?

How does that work ?

So KK is better than Hancock because USA haven't won a WC ?

For what it's worth , KK is a better rider than Cook

But I'd take Cooks never say die attitude any day of the week

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 3

Wow and then a thread starts up which completely misses the whole point!!

NOBODY HAS SAID THAT COOK IS BETTER THAN KASPRZAK!!!!

I hope thats clear because im totally confused as to why there is a thread on this.

The discussion was wether the Poole top 3 (KK, Hans, Kurtz) was miles better as Shovlar said than a proposed Belle Vue top 3. (Cook, Fricke, Steve Worrall).

The discussion was that on averages there was .70 between KK and Cook and that for team building purposes Belle Vue are not losing out to much by having Cook.

Poole let a better rider than Kasprzak go in Holder but that seems to have been missed.

So just for those who have totally missed the point:..................Kasprzak v Cook was never the question

Is there a more pointless thread on the forum that isnt even relevant!!

• Like 3

Wow and then a thread starts up which completely misses the whole point!!

NOBODY HAS SAID THAT COOK IS BETTER THAN KASPRZAK!!!!

I hope thats clear because im totally confused as to why there is a thread on this.

The discussion was wether the Poole top 3 (KK, Hans, Kurtz) was miles better as Shovlar said than a proposed Belle Vue top 3. (Cook, Fricke, Steve Worrall).

The discussion was that on averages there was .70 between KK and Cook and that for team building purposes Belle Vue are not losing out to much by having Cook.

Poole let a better rider than Kasprzak go in Holder but that seems to have been missed.

So just for those who have totally missed the point:..................Kasprzak v Cook was never the question

Is there a more pointless thread on the forum that isnt even relevant!!

Gavan - I think the OP was well aware of this.

I'd say it's you who've missed the point of this thread, it's a WHOOSH of Starman proportions!

• Like 1

Racing in the GP's is the best 15 riders in the world the fact that he has done it and won a world cup for poland this year shows how much better he is. The difference between them is a large gulf.

Racing in the GPs means your face fits, you belong to an under-represented country or you had a good meeting in the Challenge. In my opinion KK is past his peak and the jury is still out on whether Cook has yet reached his. Back the Brits!

• Like 3

Cookie gives 100% for every team he rides for, and i'd have him in my team over KK everytime. KK is probably the better individual rider, but its all about opinions and what's best for the team. I'm sure KK will be brilliant for Poole and Cookie will be brilliant for the Aces....

• Like 3

Like every other rider comparison, there's a simple answer: It depends.

Kasprzak, on any independent measure, is surely the more accomplished rider. Does Cook represent better value on his average? Possibly (depends on the planned line-up of the relevant club team, naturally). Does he have the potential to continue improving? Possibly. Does he have inherent determination? Definitely (arguably too much at times, although surely any team manager would prefer his riders to need reined in occasionally rather than geed up).

To extend Blupanther's comment, I'm sure Poole fans will be very happy with Kasprzak and Aces supporters likewise with Cook.

• Like 1

Kasprzak obviously . When he can be bothered he's as good a heat leader as anybody , whereas Cook is reliable journeyman rider in the top flight , he's not made the jump into world class speedway to the level Kasprzak has . Plus Cook rode for Edinburgh :shock: