British Speedway Forum

Grand Prix Challenge 2017

Who will replace Kylmäkorpi?

The SGP Quali meeting at Abensberg features 2 Swedes, 2 Germans, 2 Austrians, 2 Poles, 2 Danes, 2 Czechs, 1 American, 1 New Zealander, 1 Italian, and 1 Belgian !

The Belgian slot will likely be a Dutch rider or no rider.

There is one more qualifier in Germany in June where we don't know the field yet

I only know a few

Smolinski, E Riss, L Lindgren , Kildemand,Andersen and Kylmakorpi was named so Sweden have another which might have been mentioned earlier in the thread. As far as i know NO Brits.

So things brings me back to the question I posed earlier - why was Harris selected for the Danish 1/4 final ahead of Lambert and Steve Worrall, both of whom finished way ahead of Harris at last years British Final.

So things brings me back to the question I posed earlier - why was Harris selected for the Danish 1/4 final ahead of Lambert and Steve Worrall, both of whom finished way ahead of Harris at last years British Final.

And back to the question of why Britain got only 5 places?

Is there any chance lambert will get a wildcard for a later round?

And good to see g laguta taking part.

5 places ?? we only got 2 !!!!! Norway gave up a place for Harris to get in !!!

Actually the places are "given back" and then it's a sprint who wants them first. There is no trading between FMN's, CCP is in between.

It is good to know that the people who completely cocked up the initial allocation - do have a heart !!!!!!

What ever... :lol:

I'm not justifying anything the CCP does, just trying to clear things when ever wrong assumptions are made on here. My own view of the said CCP is not for me to write here. They do stuff as a hobby for all our benefit and at times they succeed...

Another FIM scandal.It shouldn't be who is first to react,there should be a pecking oder and Finland should be right down near the bottom.Just look at this crazy development ......... :nono:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Another FIM scandal.It shouldn't be who is first to react,there should be a pecking oder and Finland should be right down near the bottom.Just look at this crazy development ......... :nono:

Yes it's all gone downhill since you stopped seeing speedway on a weekly basis.

The actual problem is though, that any federation that loses a rider that's been booked to do one, cant find another. So you want us to not send one, and or a 15 rider meeting... :nono:

Abensberg line-up

#1 : Nicolas Vicentin [FMI]

#2: Martin Smolinski [DMS

]#3: Mike Jacopetti [AMF]

#4: Ludvig Lindgren [sVEMO]

#5: Peter Kildemand [DMU]

#6: TBC [AMA]

#7: Przemyslaw Pawlicki [PZM]

#8: Niklas Säyriö [sML]

#9: Matěj Kůs [ACCR]

#10: Hans Andersen [DMU]

#11: Oliver Berntzon [sVEMO]

#12: TBC [PZM]

#13: Daniel Gappmeier [AMF]

#14: TBC [MNZ]

#15: Erik Riss [DMSB]

#16: Mikel Patrik [ACCR]

Reserve:

#17: Valentin Grobauer [DMSB]

#18: Max Dilger [DMSB]

Edited by racers and royals

The GP Challenge is needed to give everyone a chance but I'm not sure how you can improve the 2017 line up. Maybe losing Lindback wouldn't be a huge loss, but even he is a real racer who can be exciting, so we'll be in danger of losing 3 good riders for 3 not so good who get places through the GP Challenge.

• Like 1

The GP Challenge is needed to give everyone a chance but I'm not sure how you can improve the 2017 line up. Maybe losing Lindback wouldn't be a huge loss, but even he is a real racer who can be exciting, so we'll be in danger of losing 3 good riders for 3 not so good who get places through the GP Challenge.

However last year we were asking for 3 good riders to replace the bottom end of the 2016 field. ;)