British Speedway Forum

Where? When? Is This Years Ben Fund Meeting (2017) Being Held?

Just out of interest, how is the benefit fund field drawn up? Are riders approached and asked to ride or do riders indicate their willingness to take part and then the field is decided from those who show willing?

I enjoyed that today , especially the races involving Chris Harris . But a decent sized crowd and a home winner , so everyone went home happy .

But it's time we got a proper bar at Ashfield , that was a shambles today .

• Like 2

Just out of interest, how is the benefit fund field drawn up? Are riders approached and asked to ride or do riders indicate their willingness to take part and then the field is decided from those who show willing?

a bit of both but all riders should be willing and make themselves available to do this meeting , sadly that's not the case
  • Like 1

I enjoyed that today , especially the races involving Chris Harris . But a decent sized crowd and a home winner , so everyone went home happy .

Yes me to, thought there was some good racing & icing on the cake for me, I got Lewis Bridger Race Jacket!

• Like 3

Same here,we enjoyed it,and a big thumbs up to my mate the Sump for sorting the troubles out in the bar otherwise a lot of money in beer sales would`ve been lost... :lol::lol::P

Good to meet up with everybody,though I think I need a drying out period... :o

• Like 1

We counted 8 on the bar at one point, step one taking orders and money - then 6 involved in the shambles of dishing it out. Evetually you just tell them what you are waiting for and they go and get it. So it bears no relation to step one anyway :rofl:

No doubt it will be sorted soon. Great day otherwise.

Out of 50 top stars asked 42 refused for whatever reason , some maybe genuine but the rest is a disgrace and says a lot about the mercenary attitude of today's stars , as Paul ackroyd says evry rider should do it at least 1 in every 5 years

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 6

Out of 50 top stars asked 42 refused for whatever reason , some maybe genuine but the rest is a disgrace and says a lot about the mercenary attitude of today's stars , as Paul ackroyd says evry rider should do it at least 1 in every 5 years

good point so well done to all the riders that did take part