British Speedway Forum

Urgent - Sign Petition To Save Our Sport Now!

In the UK the RTA ( Road Traffic Act) applies to anywhere a vehicle has access - so any road, car park, farm land,golf course,

private land and even a beach will require a person driving a motorised vehicle or bike to have minimum Third party insurance.

As a racing circuit has vehicle access then it would be in a similar situation.

Public liability insurance protects the business - employers liability protects the employees.

These insurance policies would seek recovery against the motor insurer should an incident occur - as seems to have occurred when chum got knocked off his ladder by a tractor.

In Europe they probably do things differently so perhaps it's not such a big deal in the UK , provided you have vehicle cover of course!

Spectators attending a motor racing event do so at their own risk - we are warned as we enter. - but get knocked down by a tractor or a bike leaving the circuit then you could sue!

Edited by GWC

The rules have never applied to our Queen. She does not need to register her vehicles or insure them and she used a Land Rover on her property and if she had an accident I presume she would have escaped legal action because of who she is! :nono:

I have signed but no longer care about EU regs and rules

The rules have never applied to our Queen. She does not need to register her vehicles or insure them and she used a Land Rover on her property and if she had an accident I presume she would have escaped legal action because of who she is! :nono:

I have signed but no longer care about EU regs and rules

Neither does she pay a proper rent for her Council House. :mad:

Edited by balderdash&piffle
  • Like 2