British Speedway Forum

A Summary Of Problems

Going to speedway in the rain on a Monday night when it's on telly isn't that appealing?

Perhaps not a good eg.But seeing that most clubs now just run league meetings and have dropped ind meetings and others tells you what meetings the promoters think are better attended.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that in the UK the current or say the last ten years of top flight speedway, IE the now old elite league and premier leagues had run their course.....

Very few top riders, lots of double ups/downs/guests, it was a poor shadow of its previous and envied state of the pre 1990's...

What has been done, is a reset of the level available for teams to build to... Dropping the standards by I reckon, a full level.. IE the new Premiership is now roughly at the standard of the old Premier League from say the days when Carl Stonehewer rode for Workington..

The Championship, the old Premier League is now around the old National League of that same era...

Hopefully, clubs can now start to consolidate this season, then maybe, start rebuilding the strengths gradually, say over a 5 year or maybe longer plan, increase the team building points by 1 point or even half a point per season, with promotion and relegation, a stable and workable division 1 and 2 will emerge after this 5+ yr rebuild, the richer and stable ending up in division 1, and able to re-integrate, gradually more world stars, and the second division will stabilise as a truer second level.....

In the meantime, more ideas, cooperation, and maybe, bike standardisation for league racing needs to be looked at....

At the moment, British Speedway cannot afford to have only 1 or 2 teams in a position to bargain for and employ the top world riders..

Also, reliance on riders doubling up/down/sideways needs to be phased out, slowly, but surely, and some sort of reward for keeping your clubs team continuity, rider/team loyalty..

(Retaining riders, season after season) rather than punishing teams that then end up as one season wonders.... (I think you get what I mean)

We must, must have a plan to re engage top riders at some point in the future....

I think that in the UK the current or say the last ten years of top flight speedway, IE the now old elite league and premier leagues had run their course.....

Very few top riders, lots of double ups/downs/guests, it was a poor shadow of its previous and envied state of the pre 1990's...

What has been done, is a reset of the level available for teams to build to... Dropping the standards by I reckon, a full level.. IE the new Premiership is now roughly at the standard of the old Premier League from say the days when Carl Stonehewer rode for Workington..

The Championship, the old Premier League is now around the old National League of that same era...

Hopefully, clubs can now start to consolidate this season, then maybe, start rebuilding the strengths gradually, say over a 5 year or maybe longer plan, increase the team building points by 1 point or even half a point per season, with promotion and relegation, a stable and workable division 1 and 2 will emerge after this 5+ yr rebuild, the richer and stable ending up in division 1, and able to re-integrate, gradually more world stars, and the second division will stabilise as a truer second level.....

In the meantime, more ideas, cooperation, and maybe, bike standardisation for league racing needs to be looked at....

At the moment, British Speedway cannot afford to have only 1 or 2 teams in a position to bargain for and employ the top world riders..

Also, reliance on riders doubling up/down/sideways needs to be phased out, slowly, but surely, and some sort of reward for keeping your clubs team continuity, rider/team loyalty..

(Retaining riders, season after season) rather than punishing teams that then end up as one season wonders.... (I think you get what I mean)

We must, must have a plan to re engage top riders at some point in the future....

Your bottom sentance mate, its gone to far now, will never happen. Why. Cost.

Your bottom sentance mate, its gone to far now, will never happen. Why. Cost.

12 years ago, I wouldn't have gone anywhere else for a mobile phone except NOKIA... Nokia then dropped the ball, decided to stay using Symbian O/S, The iPhone and Android picked up that ball, and NOKIA was finished as a mobile phone company.......

Now, 13/14 years later, NOKIA is returning to the mobile phone market, with what looks like possibly an iPhone / Samsung Galaxy S7 / S8 Killer.....

Now not under Microsoft, could get back to its Number 1 position...

Never say never..........

12 years ago, I wouldn't have gone anywhere else for a mobile phone except NOKIA... Nokia then dropped the ball, decided to stay using Symbian O/S, The iPhone and Android picked up that ball, and NOKIA was finished as a mobile phone company.......

Now, 13/14 years later, NOKIA is returning to the mobile phone market, with what looks like possibly an iPhone / Samsung Galaxy S7 / S8 Killer.....

What has phones got to do with Speedway riders..We dont need the big boys here..

Edited by Starman2006

then are you saying that doyle holder lindgren kasprzak are not top riders because you cant get many better riders in the uk than those four mentioned ?

4 in a whole league.

i understand your post shale searcher using the analogy of the rise and fall and rise again of the mobile phone company(bit of a stretch to expect starman to understand)i also was going to add "never say never" after all uk is only in competition with 2 other speedway nations for top riders poland and sweden and as has been well documented recently all is not rosie in their gardens!!(starman will probably reply"whats gardening got to do with speedway"lol)

you can all stop worrying about speedway, soon it and ALL motorsport throughout Europe will end as a result of a new EU rule that each and every powered vehicle irrespective of ehere it is used has to carry FULL insurance to the level of current car insurance. It comes out of a case where someone was knocked off a ladder by a farm tractor, because they couldn't get an insurance payout they went to the EU Courts system and the result, confirmed bythe European court that ALL powered vehicles, however and wherever they are used, including competition vehicles must carry insurance against ALL clams. Take a look at the American Hemmings magazine website for full details, unfortunately being computer illiterate I cant put a link here, it was one of their daily newsletters earlier this week. Because of the particular court that handed down the ruling THERE IS NO APPEAL.

THE suggestion of this article is that EVERY CAR on a dodgem track will need individual insurance policies.

on its own a good enough reason to leave the EU

• Like 3

you can all stop worrying about speedway, soon it and ALL motorsport throughout Europe will end as a result of a new EU rule that each and every powered vehicle irrespective of ehere it is used has to carry FULL insurance to the level of current car insurance. It comes out of a case where someone was knocked off a ladder by a farm tractor, because they couldn't get an insurance payout they went to the EU Courts system and the result, confirmed bythe European court that ALL powered vehicles, however and wherever they are used, including competition vehicles must carry insurance against ALL clams. Take a look at the American Hemmings magazine website for full details, unfortunately being computer illiterate I cant put a link here, it was one of their daily newsletters earlier this week. Because of the particular court that handed down the ruling THERE IS NO APPEAL.

THE suggestion of this article is that EVERY CAR on a dodgem track will need individual insurance policies.

on its own a good enough reason to leave the EU

We're leaving the EU so don't worry about it.

They can stick all their petty regulations where the sun don't shine.

Hooray!

:party: :party: :party:

• Like 3

Because of the particular court that handed down the ruling THERE IS NO APPEAL.

You're about two weeks behind - it was discussed on another thread.

There's was a problem with the wording of the original directive, which doesn't have legal force until being incorporated into national law anyway, and the wording is being revised to make it clear motor sports is excluded.

So the dramatics are unnecessary... https://motomatters.com/analysis/2016/12/23/no_the_end_is_not_nigh_for_motorsport_in.html

• Like 3

Nokia remain a networks company, as they have been for a number of years now. They are not returning to manufacturing phones. Microsofts right to use nokia brand has expired. Nokia branded phones will now be made by another company, with Nokia receiving license fees for use of the brand.

I would like to think so. They were dam good phones.

I would like to think so. They were dam good phones.

They were the best.... But failed to see the future...

Now that they are no longer under Microsoft, and have a manufacturer that is made up of ex Nokia people, with some sound tech, I look forward to their re-launch, it could have a range of phones to market by March 2017..

I am not upgrading until then, even though I could do it now....

They were the best.... But failed to see the future...

Now that they are no longer under Microsoft, and have a manufacturer that is made up of ex Nokia people, with some sound tech, I look forward to their re-launch, it could have a range of phones to market by March 2017..

I am not upgrading until then, even though I could do it now....

saw an article about this that stated the new phone would only be available in China - at least initially.