British Speedway Forum

A Summary Of Problems

The stadium didn't bankrupt them. They were paying no rent.

They paid no rent, they didn't pay the riders properly. Where has the money gone? Were the crowds that low? Of course they weren't. Someone, somewhere has the money!

They weren't paying visiting clubs fiorvtheir points scored at BV either.

Rains more just to start with. Its much closer drive from all major teams to Swindon than Manchester and you can also attract london fans easier. More people can get to Swindon.

And what about attracting fans from the north of England / Scotland ?

Plenty of speedway fans north of Watford

• Like 1

How on earth would a national speedway stadium in Swindon be more accessible to fans ?

Yes the NSS was built for the belle Vue aces but also to attract FIM world championship meetings , British finals etc

In that respect I'd have thought Manchester was An ideal location for speedway fans across the country,

Dont expect anymore world cup finals, as i doubt you will get another. And having a stadium built around the Swindon area would be a lot more acessable to all fans. But you will never see that. And we are called blinkered...

Edited by Starman2006

Dont expect anymore world cup finals, as i doubt you will get another. And having a stadium built around the Swindon area would be a lot more acessable to all fans. But you will never see that. And we are called blinkered...

Thank you. Look at the major clubs of British speedway they are far closer to Swindon than Manchester. It would have made far more sense. There about 6 clubs which are closer to Manchester than Swindon in the whole of the UK. Been placed in wrong area.

Thank you. Look at the major clubs of British speedway they are far closer to Swindon than Manchester. It would have made far more sense. There about 6 clubs which are closer to Manchester than Swindon in the whole of the UK. Been placed in wrong area.

Mate, and they call Poole fans blinkered... They love the sound of there own voices.. NSS

Edited by Starman2006

I don't think the location of the NSS has anything to do with. Wembley was the centre venue of the whole of the Speedway World when the World Finals were held there. The fact that most final were packed illustrated the location was irrelevant .

If more finals are held in the new Stadium, they too will be as well attended as Cardiff. (Capacity permitted) But, saying that, the Weekend of the SGP is an enjoyable occasion, just a pity the temporary track lets it down on the racing front....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 2

"Like the sound of their own voices ", ?

This coming from Poole fans , who despite indulging in a bout of mutual back slapping

Still haven't provided a genuine reason why Swindon Wiltshire should be the home of British Speedway

Nor have you mentioned the numerous northern fans who would love to attend future FIM meetings at the NSS

whats that you say ? , Belle Vue wont be awarded anymore big FIM meetings ?

We'll see shall we ....

Edited by WestGorton1884

"Like the sound of their own voices ", ?

This coming from Poole fans , who despite indulging in a bout of mutual back slapping

Still haven't provided a genuine reason why Swindon Wiltshire should be the home of British Speedway

Nor have you mentioned the numerous northern fans who would love to attend future FIM meetings at the NSS

whats that you say ? , Belle Vue wont be awarded anymore big FIM meetings ?

We'll see shall we ....

Yep, we'l see..

• Like 1

I don't think the location of the NSS has anything to do with. Wembley was the centre venue of the whole of the Speedway World when the World Finals were held there. The fact that most final were packed illustrated the location was irrelevant .

If more finals are held in the new Stadium, they too will be as well attended as Cardiff. (Capacity permitted) But, saying that, the Weekend of the SGP is an enjoyable occasion, just a pity the temporary track lets it down on the racing front....

Exactly , the track at Belle Vue is possibly the best in the country , the shape , the drainage . everything is in place ,

whats needed now is for events like the SWC to be held there on a regular basis ,

Exactly , the track at Belle Vue is possibly the best in the country , the shape , the drainage . everything is in place ,

whats needed now is for events like the SWC to be held there on a regular basis ,

It should be, its brand new. As i said, you will not, get them on a regular basis, you are dreaming mate. Poland will always get the call over BV's place. Bigger better and bigger atendances, Unless they try it on with ticket prices..

And dont give me well, we sold out last year, so you should, If you didn't there would be something seriously wrong. We also sold out in 04 and so we should have..

Edited by Starman2006

Only makes sense if there's sufficient land available and someone willing to fund it. Swindon can't even get their own stadium rebuilt, so what chance a national one?

Coventry was the best location for a national speedway stadium, but that opportunity has been lost.

It sure would have been ideal, If over the years some of the sky money had been held back and used more wisely then maybe Coventry could have been purchased or a some joint venture rather than it being sold to developers. The only saving grace for Coventry is a compulsory purchase order which is highly unlikely.

It should be, its brand new. As i said, you will not, get them on a regular basis, you are dreaming mate. Poland will always get the call over BV's place. Bigger better and bigger atendances, Unless they try it on with ticket prices..

And dont give me well, we sold out last year, so you should, If you didn't there would be something seriously wrong. We also sold out in 04 and so we should have..

don't think we can compare 04 with now crowd's have finished since then don't you agree

It is not just a few things that are wrong, it is the whole show, who would have thought back in our heyday that some top league clubs would be facing the chop, clubs with less that a few hundred coming through the gates, the top riders turning thier back, speedway has now started to become big money for cetain riders, the clubs here can;t meet those needs and should never have done so in the first place because when they did pay out it nearly broke them. Why do we need them anyway, if we are true speedway fans as long as the racing is good, no mater who the riders are, then we should be happy to go and watch some good close racing, instead of some of the trash we have been having to put up with.

It came to a head when any two bit overseas riders came here to earn a few bob with no care in the world how they rode, then the rot set set, the fans left and what a state we are in now.

Will have to wait and see what next season brings, we may just end up with far better speedway.

• Like 1

It is not just a few things that are wrong, it is the whole show, who would have thought back in our heyday that some top league clubs would be facing the chop, clubs with less that a few hundred coming through the gates, the top riders turning thier back, speedway has now started to become big money for cetain riders, the clubs here can;t meet those needs and should never have done so in the first place because when they did pay out it nearly broke them. Why do we need them anyway, if we are true speedway fans as long as the racing is good, no mater who the riders are, then we should be happy to go and watch some good close racing, instead of some of the trash we have been having to put up with.

It came to a head when any two bit overseas riders came here to earn a few bob with no care in the world how they rode, then the rot set set, the fans left and what a state we are in now.

Will have to wait and see what next season brings, we may just end up with far better speedway.

I'm with you on this I don't care who on show crowds are drifting away even at poole I've seen the best and the worst like you say we just may end up with better product againà

don't think we can compare 04 with now crowd's have finished since then don't you agree

That was for a world cup final.. Our crowds have held up very well in the last 10 years.

yes I agree but the crowds are still dropping I'm there every week as you are I would say last season was the worst

Yeh they wasnt good at times i agree. But in the whole they've held up well. Still best supported club by a mile.

Edited by Starman2006