British Speedway Forum

Championship Teams Comparison Time

Love it 2 posters, myself included point out your inability to understand a posters post. The original poster also points out you are wrong and you blame the poster.

Nothing to do with right or wrong, it was just a query. The query was to another poster, it wasn't to yourself.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

There's brainless and there's totally brainless - which one are you?!! You need a psychiatrist mate. :rofl:

There's no need to ask what you are, its clear to everyone - your totally brainless, are unable to admit you are wrong, and seem to think its funny to insult people. You need more than a psychiatrist, you need proper help.

your totally brainless, are unable to admit you are wrong, and seem to think its funny to insult people. You need more than a psychiatrist, you need proper help.

Probably right. Lets have a beer instead. :drink:

Enjoy your holidays and the new year when it comes.

sure , the averages and riding positions may not be spot on . but the ides is a good one and gives fans a chance to see and asses other teams strong and not so strong team line ups .

good idea from the initial poster and as its the silly off season, other fans find time to cherry pick to topic . when will we ever learn that we are all in the same boat and as long as we paddle in the same direction , we will all reach our destination in the end .

if you take it in as its written out . proctor is a better rider than hansen . lets all go with the flow and enjoy these posts and not cry like babies because the posts are not too their liking .

and here comes the flack . be happy you have speedway , because one day you wont . just like life .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2

sure , the averages and riding positions may not be spot on . but the ides is a good one and gives fans a chance to see and asses other teams strong and not so strong team line ups .

good idea from the initial poster and as its the silly off season, other fans find time to cherry pick to topic . when will we ever learn that we are all in the same boat and as long as we paddle in the same direction , we will all reach our destination in the end .

if you take it in as its written out . proctor is a better rider than hansen . lets all go with the flow and enjoy these posts and not cry like babies because the posts are not too their liking .

and here comes the flack . be happy you have speedway , because one day you wont . just like life .

Well said. And of course you talk a lot of good sense there.

To be honest, when I posted asking about a possible error it was to be helpful - at least I thought I was being helpful.

Of course what one sees as positive another might see as negative, and lo and behold while one poster did take it positively and offering another seemingly transposed pair, another poster seemed to have the shoe on the other foot and saw it all negatively. And to be fair a poster that usually talks more sense than most of us on here.

Yeah, a while back on this thread somebody commented they thought the rating system was complicated or confusing, I thought it was simple, but by late last night i'd come around to thinking like the previous poster yonks back on this thread that its clear as mud! Even started to feel like I was bein filled in (.....mud ;) ).

It was a bit late at night, I'd only had one beer, that was probably where I went wrong. Haha.

Agreed we're lucky to have speedway and a forum to wax lyrical, maybe better to steer clear of other folks scoring systems right enough :P

Cheers

Well said. And of course you talk a lot of good sense there.

To be honest, when I posted asking about a possible error it was to be helpful - at least I thought I was being helpful.

Of course what one sees as positive another might see as negative, and lo and behold while one poster did take it positively and offering another seemingly transposed pair, another poster seemed to have the shoe on the other foot and saw it all negatively. And to be fair a poster that usually talks more sense than most of us on here.

Yeah, a while back on this thread somebody commented they thought the rating system was complicated or confusing, I thought it was simple, but by late last night i'd come around to thinking like the previous poster yonks back on this thread that its clear as mud! Even started to feel like I was bein filled in (.....mud ;) ).

It was a bit late at night, I'd only had one beer, that was probably where I went wrong. Haha.

Agreed we're lucky to have speedway and a forum to wax lyrical, maybe better to steer clear of other folks scoring systems right enough :P

Cheers

I think the rating system is irrelevant, it highlights the form of an individual rider, but it is a team sport. At the moment it almost impossible to say which team will gel the most, that could be the real secret of which team will perform as a unit . Some teams will have a top heavy team with a weak bottom end, other teams will have an average top end and a strong bottom end, other teams will be teams in depth and could surprise fans. In saying that Sheffield does stand out with a solid top 6 carrying a No7. What I am sure of, is it is going to be a pretty interesting season and hopefully entertaining, Lets hope all of the teams end up with roughly what they started with, and not too many injuries

• Like 1

I think the rating system is irrelevant, it highlights the form of an individual rider, but it is a team sport. At the moment it almost impossible to say which team will gel the most, that could be the real secret of which team will perform as a unit . Some teams will have a top heavy team with a weak bottom end, other teams will have an average top end and a strong bottom end, other teams will be teams in depth and could surprise fans. In saying that Sheffield does stand out with a solid top 6 carrying a No7. What I am sure of, is it is going to be a pretty interesting season and hopefully entertaining, Lets hope all of the teams end up with roughly what they started with, and not too many injuries

"top heavy"? "a strong bottom end"? Reminds me of a lass I used to know :P

Have to agree, so much depends on how the team gels. Agreed about Sheffield as well. In the latter stages of the 2016 season with key riders missing from a team not quite as good as the 2017 team, Sheffield still showed what they are capable of in the play-offs, deservedly progressing to the Play-Off Final. So with the team assembled for 2017 you would expect them to be right up there.

"top heavy"? "a strong bottom end"? Reminds me of a lass I used to know :P

Have to agree, so much depends on how the team gels. Agreed about Sheffield as well. In the latter stages of the 2016 season with key riders missing from a team not quite as good as the 2017 team, Sheffield still showed what they are capable of in the play-offs, deservedly progressing to the Play-Off Final. So with the team assembled for 2017 you would expect them to be right up there.

Introduce me please :D:D

Now all teams have been completed for 2017 lets take a look.

With the limit now set at 40 pts there seems to be a reasonable split between those going for top heavy and those going for strength in depth.

The way most teams are set up I think there will be alot less away wins as most look like they are going to be strong on their home shale.

It's all about opinions of course and we are all going to be biased to our teams but here's my thoughts.

Going alphabetically

Berwick,

Solid at home, struggle away, a number of seasoned riders, may kick on to upper table but probably end up somewhere in the middle.

Edinburgh,

Good at home, poor away, may produce an odd surprise if new boys up their game but mid table again for me.

Glasgow,

Strong top 3, long tail but with improvement potential, alot of home pts, away hmmm dunno. Definitely in the playoffs.

Ipswich,

Strong top end, potentially weak reserves initially (coming back from injuries) Ought to be strong at home and in the playoffs come the end of the season.

Newcastle,

Solid top end, again possibly weak at reserve spots, should see off most opposition comfortably at home and could be around the playoff vicinity.

Peterborough,

Built around strength in depth, probably unbeaten at home but get some poundings on the road. Hard to predict where they'll finish.

Redcar,

Could be a dark horse and surprise everyone or be down the bottom, I'm not going to speculate on what league position they will end up in.

Scunthorpe,

For me in the lower reaches of the final table, not enough strength to put up a consistent realistic challenge to be at the top end.

Sheffield,

Strong in depth side that should be challenging at the top of the league for the title. Take them lightly at your peril.

Workington,

A great No1 but a very long tail to the side, will do well at home but get some batterings away, IMO going to finish pretty low down.

With the way the league is set up and God forbid as few serious injuries as possible it's going to be an interesting season with alot of pretty evenly matched teams.

Only my opinion so currently awaiting the flak from those I haven't rated very highly.

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 3

Now all teams have been completed for 2017 lets take a look.

With the limit now set at 40 pts there seems to be a reasonable split between those going for top heavy and those going for strength in depth.

The way most teams are set up I think there will be alot less away wins as most look like they are going to be strong on their home shale.

It's all about opinions of course and we are all going to be biased to our teams but here's my thoughts.

Going alphabetically

Berwick,

Solid at home, struggle away, a number of seasoned riders, may kick on to upper table but probably end up somewhere in the middle.

Edinburgh,

Good at home, poor away, may produce an odd surprise if new boys up their game but mid table again for me.

Glasgow,

Strong top 3, long tail but with improvement potential, alot of home pts, away hmmm dunno. Definitely in the playoffs.

Ipswich,

Strong top end, potentially weak reserves initially (coming back from injuries) Ought to be strong at home and in the playoffs come the end of the season.

Newcastle,

Solid top end, again possibly weak at reserve spots, should see off most opposition comfortably at home and could be around the playoff vicinity.

Peterborough,

Built around strength in depth, probably unbeaten at home but get some poundings on the road. Hard to predict where they'll finish.

Redcar,

Could be a dark horse and surprise everyone or be down the bottom, I'm not going to speculate on what league position they will end up in.

Scunthorpe,

For me in the lower reaches of the final table, not enough strength to put up a consistent realistic challenge to be at the top end.

Sheffield,

Strong in depth side that should be challenging at the top of the league for the title. Take them lightly at your peril.

Workington,

A great No1 but a very long tail to the side, will do well at home but get some batterings away, IMO going to finish pretty low down.

With the way the league is set up and God forbid as few serious injuries as possible it's going to be an interesting season with alot of pretty evenly matched teams.

Only my opinion so currently awaiting the flak from those I haven't rated very highly.

No flak , a pretty fair assessment . Agreed away wins will be at a premium . I'm hopeful the lower end of my side will improve their starting averages enough for us to be contenders , but time will tell . Now the festive season is almost over , the countdown to March can begin in earnest .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...