British Speedway Forum

No Scot Nichols, Chris Harris, Stefan Nielsen Or Ashley Morris

DC2

I hope Stefan and Joe get themselves into a NL team then if they have no other teams, Joe would come in on a 8.53 average I think? After riding for IOW last year on that average, quite a steal if you ask me, maybe the Colts might be in for him :)

I do admit, Joe and Stefan in the NL is stupid and shouldn't happen, they are much better riders now, but it's better than no team at all

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

how come buxton couldnt sign richard hall last season then, who has a lower average than nielsen, theres no wonder people are turning their backs on this sport when we dont look after our own british riders.

Rich Hall COULD ride NL but the issue was over his average.

Was it not something silly, like Richard had already ridden for a 'PL' club that season so he wasn't allowed to drop down, but he could now as it's a new season and a new slate?

Scroll down towards the bottom this from the Speedway Star from May 2016:

https://reader.exacteditions.com/issues/51171/page/2

Was it not something silly, like Richard had already ridden for a 'PL' club that season so he wasn't allowed to drop down, but he could now as it's a new season and a new slate?

He could drop down. The issue was Birmingham wanted him on double hi PL average but the BSPA said it was his CL average from about 2005. So rather than about 8 he was about 10