British Speedway Forum

Chris Holder

You clearly didn't read my posts. Did you.

Yes I did, you insinuated that because Poole are run well all other teams should look after themselves.You do have a point, but unfortunately we have a bspa made up of people only interested in their own skin. This has to stop and all promoters need to work together and make the product better for the viewing public and would be new fans.

• Like 1

Yes I did, you insinuated that because Poole are run well all other teams should look after themselves.You do have a point, but unfortunately we have a bspa made up of people only interested in their own skin. This has to stop and all promoters need to work together and make the product better for the viewing public and would be new fans.

I agree, but Matt does his job well, not sure i can say the same for others. So, where does the blame lay, Matt or other promotions ?

I agree, but Matt does his job well, not sure i can say the same for others. So, where does the blame lay, Matt or other promotions ?

All, before it's to late even for Poole.

• Like 1

All, before it's to late even for Poole.

Matt stands in a room with another 8-9 promotions, so Matt is the only one who gets a say right ?

Ok name one initiative the Ford has ever instigated to improve the fortunes British Speedway?

That is a rather odd statement to make as you have no idea of what ideas he may or may not have come up for promoting speedway on a marketing or advertising when he was working close with the supposed men in charge.

I think being fair, all E.L promoters in these AGM meetings would have had at least one idea to make the sport better in some way.

Edited by Joe Beevers

Matt stands in a room with another 8-9 promotions, so Matt is the only one who gets a say right ?

Wrong, they all get a say, but all of them have their own club in mind, that is why many on here would like the BSPA to be run by professional people with no connections to any of the clubs

• Like 1

Wrong, they all get a say, but all of them have their own club in mind, that is why many on here would like the BSPA to be run by professional people with no connections to any of the clubs

Im glad you admit that. And Matt has his own club in mind... ;)

Exploited every rule in the book (and then some), all to their own advantage and with absolutely no regard for the long-term impact on the sport or other clubs within the sport...................................... think that about sums it up nicely !

Ah right, please provide proof for these accusations please towards the club that will sum it up nicely thanks.

• Like 1

Come on Pirates of Poole, you must believe that Poole have definitely exploited some loopholes and the other odd debacle.

That said though, DizzAssStar is talking rubbish if he doesn't think other clubs have done it as well.

Starting with his own team last year breaking the rules with the Hefenbrock fast track average positions and so forth.

• Like 1

Exploited every rule in the book (and then some), all to their own advantage and with absolutely no regard for the long-term impact on the sport or other clubs within the sport...................................... think that about sums it up nicely !

Start stating then. This should be fun...

Come on Pirates of Poole, you must believe that Poole have definitely exploited some loopholes and the other odd debacle.

That said though, DizzAssStar is talking rubbish if he doesn't think other clubs have done it as well.

Starting with his own team last year breaking the rules with the Hefenbrock fast track average positions and so forth.

Not loopholes mate, just Matt knows the rules inside out. Its called homework not cheating.

Edited by Starman2006

Must admit I do find it frustrating how quickly a subject headed Chris Holder suddenly degenerates into a slagging contest and also completely distracts away from the subject matter.

I tune into this subject daily to read the informed comments/opinions rumours etc on where/if Chris will ride in UK the last 2 pages have been filled with comments which seem totally unrelated.

Would be great if contributes could maybe aim comments/grievances/gripes about a particular club to that clubs specific page. Having said that I can see the Poole page going crazy with those envious of how a smart promoter has worked the system to his advantage which every other promoter had the possibility to do the same.

Funny that Wolves did it last year in getting Tai back on a crazy low average to assist winning the league without much complaint from others.where no doubt had it been Matt Ford these forums would have been screaming blue murder that he had manipulated the system and paid megabucks just to buy the league.

Anyway maybe we can keep this page dedicated to the subject matter being Chris Holder.

• Like 3

Must admit I do find it frustrating how quickly a subject headed Chris Holder suddenly degenerates into a slagging contest and also completely distracts away from the subject matter.

I tune into this subject daily to read the informed comments/opinions rumours etc on where/if Chris will ride in UK the last 2 pages have been filled with comments which seem totally unrelated.

Would be great if contributes could maybe aim comments/grievances/gripes about a particular club to that clubs specific page. Having said that I can see the Poole page going crazy with those envious of how a smart promoter has worked the system to his advantage which every other promoter had the possibility to do the same.

Funny that Wolves did it last year in getting Tai back on a crazy low average to assist winning the league without much complaint from others.where no doubt had it been Matt Ford these forums would have been screaming blue murder that he had manipulated the system and paid megabucks just to buy the league.

Anyway maybe we can keep this page dedicated to the subject matter being Chris Holder.

Conveniently forgetting about Antonio Lindback

Yes but that costs money and nobody wants to pay for a independent body, probably because they feel it would hurt their business.

But isn't speedway supposed to be a professional sport, can you imagine what would happen within football if the FA was run by the owners of the football clubs.

Kings Lynn to make their first rider announcement later this week!! :wink::wink:

Let's hope its Chris H or if not this week then when side is announced.

I think a Thursday track at a venue he rides well is right up his street.

I would like to think that he will be in second half of season form in 2017. The breakdown of his personal situation for sure must have taken it's toll on the guy whatever the circumstances. I think a break from Poole will be good for him, in view of what happened on the personal front.

Also gives him hopefully his work permit for UK so he can see his son regular.

Conveniently forgetting about Antonio Lindback

Nope not forgotten.

Purely working the system which any other promoter can do. He got an ex rider back on a lowish legal average within a time frame allowed.

Is that really any different to what Wolves did ?? Poor Jonas really did nothing wrong but we all know Wolves exploited a loophole which they were perfectly entitled to do just as any promoter could have done similar.

Anyway, we can debate long into the night but let's stay off the Chris Holder page as that is what I visit this subject for.

If Niels cant ride in the UK this year, then Chris Holder would be a superb replacement!

He'd be box office with Robert Lambert.

Would be a real statement of intent by the KL promotion if they secured the services of a former World Champion. That said, it wont happen as KL operate on a tiny budget so will probably use their asset base for 1-7 and see how it goes.

• Like 1

Let's hope its Chris H or if not this week then when side is announced.

I think a Thursday track at a venue he rides well is right up his street.

I would like to think that he will be in second half of season form in 2017. The breakdown of his personal situation for sure must have taken it's toll on the guy whatever the circumstances. I think a break from Poole will be good for him, in view of what happened on the personal front.

Also gives him hopefully his work permit for UK so he can see his son regular.

Nope not forgotten.

Purely working the system which any other promoter can do. He got an ex rider back on a lowish legal average within a time frame allowed.

Is that really any different to what Wolves did ?? Poor Jonas really did nothing wrong but we all know Wolves exploited a loophole which they were perfectly entitled to do just as any promoter could have done similar.

Anyway, we can debate long into the night but let's stay off the Chris Holder page as that is what I visit this subject for.

It was you that brought up the subject of Tai. Are you seriously suggesting that Wolves have less credibility then Poole?