British Speedway Forum

Gorzow 2017 ....

Why not Milik of Lebedevs, neither of those riders countries have a regular rider in GP's, both are on form, and both seem hungry for success.

One Sport have agreed on not to hand out season permanent wild cards and possible there is (or at least IMO it should be) a similar agreement for BSI

not to give wild cards/injury call ups to SEC season permanent riders.

I can see why SEC has agreed not to take on permanently any current GP rider, otherwise SEC would be a world championship less Aussies and Americans. But they do have GP riders as wold cards dont they.

Conversely I would expect the World Championship GP's to always have access to the worlds best. If a few current GP rider gets injured, as now (GH, NP, PP) that once the named substitutes are used then they can take on whover they choose to stand in for a period

Thats my views.

I can see why SEC has agreed not to take on permanently any current GP rider, otherwise SEC would be a world championship less Aussies and Americans. But they do have GP riders as wold cards dont they.

Conversely I would expect the World Championship GP's to always have access to the worlds best. If a few current GP rider gets injured, as now (GH, NP, PP) that once the named substitutes are used then they can take on whover they choose to stand in for a period

Thats my views.

GP riders are allowed in Sec by doing the qualifiers or by finishing in top 5 in the series- no wildcards can be GP riders.

CANNOT recall a year when so many SGP riders have been injured and had to miss rounds. NKI will require a 2018 wild card for sure.

Certainly will but do you think he will get one on the basis we need Danes in it or based on merit? I would imagine he would still be classed by BSI as the most likely Dane to do well in the series still

With Iversen and Hancock out injured for the remainder of the season thats 2 of next years wild cards taken up.

Should they not make the top 8 then i can see possible wildcards for Lindback, Zagar and Pawlicki

For this meeting surely they should look at the challenge and give Prem.Pawlicki and or Laguta a go

CANNOT recall a year when so many SGP riders have been injured and had to miss rounds. NKI will require a 2018 wild card for sure.

TBH I don't think this year is any worse than other seasons? Was it last year Kildermand got cLose to top 8 from reserve? And Vaculik a couple of years before?
  • Like 1

Milik.

Why? Have no problem with him getting a nod.

Was talking today and said that riders are now getting in from the politically correct friends list as the rulebook has been followed and route is clear...

TBH I don't think this year is any worse than other seasons? Was it last year Kildermand got cLose to top 8 from reserve? And Vaculik a couple of years before?

True but sometimes it is because the rider they replace are injured for longer period of time like Hampel last (?) season.

Edited by Ghostwalker

https://twitter.com/speedwaystarmag/status/900086663212302336

BREAKING | @vacekmilik, @liglad (Jepsen Jensen) & Andzejs Lebedevs added to #SpeedwayGP reserves list, with Milik and MJJ racing in Gorzow.

I think if Milik does good here and in the GPs after that (if he will ride there). He will be seriously considered for a wild card.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Was talking today and said that riders are now getting in from the politically correct friends list as the rulebook has been followed and route is clear...

They read my mind. :lol:

Edited by f-s-p