British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

Guest GiveusaB

BSPA should allow him to ride....JPB isnt financially equipped to ride in the Championship.....

We will now see what this country's standards are when encouraging and nurturing our home grown talent ???

I wont hold my breath !!!

I dont want Eliis and I dont want guest riders....I want to see JPB progress....for his benefit and for youth speedway in general!

If they ban him, it will be yet another farcical decision by the draconian old farts in power!

Surely it is in Sheffield's best interests to accept that JPB needs a break from Championship racing and sign a temporary replacement for him. He's a very good prospect and he'd probably not want to go back if they push the case for him to have a ban for withholding his services. Then another Championship club would benefit from his inevitable success in the future at that level.

I read somewhere that Auty got 14 days for with holding his services so assume JPB will get the same (although this is British speedway so any guess will do)

In a duel between the BSPA and the Birmingham Brummies, it's a foregone conclusion that the matter will be settled in the best interests of British Speedway.

Guest GiveusaB

14 days !!!

BSPA you should be ashamed of yourselves, you bunch of TOP HATS !!!

16 year old lad, punished for struggling in the sport...???

I'm angry and bewildered!!!

My days following league speedway are numbered !!!

Probably the best result that JOB/Brum could have hoped for? I assume the ban starts from when he informed Sheffield that he wanted to step down so half of it is already served?

In hindsight he could have informed Sheffield that he wanted to step down but would continue riding until they signed a replacement? In the long run it will have little impact on JPB's career so just a case of lessons learnt and move on.

• Like 2

Just wondering why the same 14-day ban has not been applied to Josh Auty who similarly "stepped down" (withheld his services as they call it!) and missed one of Scunthorpe's matches before changing his mind.

Shouldn't think that the fact that the Scunthorpe promoter is vice-chairman of the BSPA has anything to do with it?

Please no one read this as a criticism of Josh Auty who is a genuine racer and one of the nicest blokes in speedway - I'm just highlighting the inconsistencies of the rules that's all.

Just wondering why the same 14-day ban has not been applied to Josh Auty who similarly "stepped down" (withheld his services as they call it!) and missed one of Scunthorpe's matches before changing his mind.

Shouldn't think that the fact that the Scunthorpe promoter is vice-chairman of the BSPA has anything to do with it?

Please no one read this as a criticism of Josh Auty who is a genuine racer and one of the nicest blokes in speedway - I'm just highlighting the inconsistencies of the rules that's all.

Auty HAS been given a 14 day ban.

BIRMINGHAM have suffered yet another major setback after captain Darryl Ritchings informed the club of his decision to quit the sport.

I wonder if we can get Kyle Newman on an artificially falsified average, a bit like what Lakeside did with Paul Hurry.

Guest GiveusaB

BIRMINGHAM have suffered yet another major setback after captain Darryl Ritchings informed the club of his decision to quit the sport.

Wishing Daryl all the best on what must be a very difficult decision....I respect him for his honesty and for putting his family first!

Good luck pal !