British Speedway Forum

Darcy Ward Says No Holder At Poole No Me At Poole

He won't have that average for long though, so expect some early changes from the Robins. Shrewd IMO... :D

Not if talks true that once teams are made up to 50 for original team building, a different average is brought in for team changes. If true then I think that's a great idea to stop manipulation of the rules

• Like 2

Not if talks true that once teams are made up to 50 for original team building, a different average is brought in for team changes. If true then I think that's a great idea to stop manipulation of the rules

Why is it manipulation of the rules? Saddling someone with a 13+ average is just plain stupid and no one could ever achieve that since 12 is a 4 ride max! I think it is fair to say that Swindon won't finish with their starting 7 and I have no problem with that because the riders they will have will be a strong force!

• Like 2

This would be another rule that would need great thought.

To speculate, say they lowered the average to 45, then a say 10 point rider was genuinely injured. Would they have to replace him with a 5 ?

I know it's not so simple as that as averages are a minefield, but it is one scenario that could arise.

Swindon have stuck with their contracted rider exactly as Poole have done - with Hans (unofficially)!!

Hardly a like for like comparison Skidder.

The principle is the same Baz. I wasn't arguing abilities.

What I think is a bit silly is lots of fans thinking the 50 point limit will remain after the first set of official new averages.

Bearing in mind these BSPA changes have been made primarily to save money (again) and to bring the leagues closer together in abilities, then anyone believing that teams will strengthen by bringing in some top averaged foreign riders is in cloud cuckoo land imo.

Yes I'm sure there will be team changes but any single rider change (through injury or whatever) will be done on a like for like average as at present. If teams look to make multiple changes all at once then the new team building average will come into play.

What nobody knows at the moment (including the BSPA probably) is what that new team average will be. If the BSPA are consistent than the Prem limit will drop to the Championship level of 40 points. Alternatively they could look at all the Championship averages after the first set of new figures and set the Premiership figure equivalent to the highest Championship team figure, or similar. eg if the best Champ team has increased its team average from 40 up to say 43, then 43 becomes the new reduced Prem average down from 50?!

The sooner BSPA clarify that the better for everyone so that more argument and debate may ensue!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

The principle is the same Baz. I wasn't arguing abilities.

What I think is a bit silly is lots of fans thinking the 50 point limit will remain after the first set of official new averages.

Bearing in mind these BSPA changes have been made primarily to save money (again) and to bring the leagues closer together in abilities, then anyone believing that teams will strengthen by bringing in some top averaged foreign riders is in cloud cuckoo land imo.

Yes I'm sure there will be team changes but any single rider change (through injury or whatever) will be done on a like for like average as at present. If teams look to make multiple changes all at once then the new team building average will come into play.

What nobody knows at the moment (including the BSPA probably) is what that new team average will be. If the BSPA are consistent than the Prem limit will drop to the Championship level of 40 points. Alternatively they could look at all the Championship averages after the first set of new figures and set the Premiership figure equivalent to the highest Championship team figure, or similar. eg if the best Champ team has increased its team average from 40 up to say 43, then 43 becomes the new reduced Prem average down from 50?!

The sooner BSPA clarify that the better for everyone so that more argument and debate may ensue!!!

I don't believe that has ever happened before the avergae limit has stayed the same throughout the season.

I don't believe that has ever happened before the avergae limit has stayed the same throughout the season.

But they haven't ever applied this x 1.4 before. The logical thing is that limit us dropped to 43 after first set of greensheets and the new averages used force declarations. The other rule I would suggest is that the exemption to points limit if replacing a rider with a lower averaged rider be removed, so any changes must still remain within the 43 points.

What this means is on average every team shedding 15% off their averages - so Doyle averaging 11+ would be doing his job.

Robert72 - it is a disgrace what you said about Darcy.

So it's a disgrace to say ricky ashworth deserves to be looked after more than someone who can afford a house on the Gold Coast and a luxury holiday to vegas, I think it's a disgrace people like you would prefer to support a foreigner over a brit.

• Like 1

The heavily disabled young man who gave his future and freedom away for our sport. Dick.

He didnt do it for the sport!! He did it because he found something he was good at and someone who pay him to do it.. Dick

He didnt do it for the sport!! He did it because he found something he was good at and someone who would pay him to do it.. Dick

• Like 2

He didnt do it for the sport!! He did it because he found something he was good at and someone who pay him to do it.. Dick

What a nasty pig you are. I found a career that I am very good at and somebody to pay me to do it too. I still give 110% percent. Darcy gave far more to the sport than he took from it, and in the end the sport took from him everything he had.

• Like 1

What a nasty pig you are. I found a career that I am very good at and somebody to pay me to do it too. I still give 110% percent. Darcy gave far more to the sport than he took from it, and in the end the sport took from him everything he had.

You talk as if DW died, maybe you should take a look at alex zanardi and what he has done since his horrific accident.

• Like 1