British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

alfiemorris

Come on then Mark & Laurence if your fans dislike the proposed Devil so much, run a competition for a new Devil/ Devils logo run it in conjunction with the local paper the Herald & present the winners with a signed race jacket on opening night!

There is already plans in place to get the local schools and colleges and newspapers involved in design for the 2018 season, however the time allocation for this season was very short as I am sure you will appreciate and although some like it, some hate it , everyone is talking about it ...........please realise that it is not all about pleasing our current fanbase, it is also about bringing new spectators in, love it or hate it, people are talking about it ! We possibly have 5 % of this forum thinking about the race bib, If I can get 5% of Plymouth and the surrounding area it would have made its purpose and I would be a very happy person. There is 260,000 people in Plymouth alone, 5% = 13000, if 5% of those decide to have a look , that equates to an extra 650 people through the turnstiles. I hope the 2018 design will have the same effect as this one.

Come on then Mark & Laurence if your fans dislike the proposed Devil so much, run a competition for a new Devil/ Devils logo run it in conjunction with the local paper the Herald & present the winners with a signed race jacket on opening night!

They don't. I am very much in the minority, and I am not a Plymouth supporter.

Team suits or no team suits that is the question

I think it is a great idea and an indication of the professional approach you are taking. However, there are two issues for me. The priority must be the air fence. £4000 would go a long way towards that. Also it is inevitable that you will not finish the season with the team you start with for various reasons, injury, performance availability etc. Would every change to the team require a team suit? If not then half a team with and half a team without would look odd, unprofessional and defeat the point of what you are trying to achieve.