British Speedway Forum

Workington 2017

If that team had a better number 7 and a replacement to Roynon it would be up with the best

and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle......
  • Like 1

Just saying that it's not far off a good team what so ever, couple of poor choices

thats the thing almost impossible to get 7 riders who are nailed on improvers

if it was that easy all teams would be fitting for league title in last month of season

With a middle order of Campton, Proctor and Roynon there'll be more zeros than the national debt away from Derwent Park.

if roynon gets half as good as he was before a few bad injuries hell be good enough home and away

proctor can be a good rider again and mason has shown he can do it just needs a good crew around him to help with setups and such as was prooved when he finished season off on rickys engine

I can only agree, that's a terrible tail, Roynon as your number 4, I wouldn't have him at reserve.

Hardly terrible, Peterborough have signed Simon Lambert who's coming back from a long lay off on a similar average to also ride at second string, i know who the more talented rider is!

Hardly terrible, Peterborough have signed Simon Lambert who's coming back from a long lay off on a similar average to also ride at second string, i know who the more talented rider is!

Your entitled to your opinion as it counts for nothing and I know who I'd prefer but you've overlooked one thing if Lambert has a dip in form and goes down to reserve then we have a reserve to go into the top5 with a 5 point average to replace him which is something Workington havn't got.

Last nights fans forum was very positive, very pleased with the team and the turnout was fantastic. Having Craig Cook back is a massive boost for the sport in the town. Having 7 UK based riders this season will be a relief for the promotion.

But the bigger positives are the new changes to the overall race night experience, including a new onsite cafe open before and after the meeting, a press conference in the bar after the meeting and the new deal with the rugby club which is going to bring more money in through Laura's catering business. This looks to have secured the future of the club for the foreseeable.

Well done to the Comets promotion and Workington Town RLFC!

Your entitled to your opinion as it counts for nothing and I know who I'd prefer but you've overlooked one thing if Lambert has a dip in form and goes down to reserve then we have a reserve to go into the top5 with a 5 point average to replace him which is something Workington havn't got.

Different teams are going to have to different strengths and weaknesses, depending how they are built. Most of these will probably balance themselves out throughout the team. If Peterborough build a balanced 1-7 with Holder as No1, they probably won't have a number 1 whoever it is at the time, capable of winning all 3 of Heats 11,13 and 15 in an away meeting.

You could back and forward for a while of advantages and disadvantages of each team in the league.

• Like 5

think i heard edinburgh are trying to sell him

pitty the money laura gave to them to help them stay in buisness couldnt be used to buy him

also i would think hes been priced fairly high and if any club do try to buy him it will be yet another sale agreed by arbitration in the end

Edited by scarra

adam has had an injury free season and was going really well at workington , while mason was averaging around 7 points per meet in his last few meetings . im happy , your happy , everybody s happy . except some oddballs .

good luck to ricky at m/bra .

If you take Camptons last two meetings, both at home and at reserve then yes he did average 7.07. Add the 3rd and 4th meeting and he's down to 6. Add the 5th meeting and he's down to 5.6 and from 6 meetings he's down to 5.1. Hardly great seeing as two were in reserve and it's a 4/2 home/away split!

If you're trying to argue he's a decent signing using stats I suggest you stop now!