British Speedway Forum

Workington 2017

If you look at the team all 7 riders have the full capability to increase there averages.

1. Craig Cook - back home where he belongs, big crowd favourite hopefully put some bums on seats.

2. Mason Campton - Laura has said this is his LAST chance saloon so he's got allot of pressure on his shoulders. It's either perform or go home that's his choice.

3. Ty Proctor - another rider who has to turn up in my opinion. He let the comets down last season because of visa issues so now he has to repay the fans for the extra long wait for getting him to derwent park.

4. Adam Roynon - this lad has some balls, he has had such an up and down career in this sport he's now due some luck. If he can rekindle the form he had in 2012 when he was riding the boards he could be the one to watch.

5. Thomas Jorgensen - A good rider for both home and away tracks and I think he could challenge cookie for the number one spot.

6. Matt Williamson - this lad just needs to keep improving as he has done for the last two seasons that he has been with us and should be challenging for a second string place by the end of the season.

7. Rob Shuttleworth - don't know a great deal about the lad but listening to cookie tonight would suggest we might have a gem in this rider - stay tuned.

All in all very happy with the team that Laura, Steve and Tony have put together- here's to 2017!!!!!

Disappointing in my opinion. Great number 1 in Cookie but a team full of inconsistency. Can see the Comets struggle on the road again.

are you looking at same line up

im not saying the team looks unbeatable home or away

but cant really say it looks disapointing

jorgansan is a young rider on the up

ty and adam have been at a real good level before and im sure can improve

ill hold my hands up and say ty is a rider id never thought off and maybe wouldnt have signed

dont really know anything about rob shuttleworth but have heard him mentioned a lot on forums so he must have shown signs

lets just hope his winter job dosnt cause any problems

and hes also a cumbrian so he must be ok type of guy

lots of teams going with 2 real low riders at reserve to gain strength higher up

nobody knows how its gonna work out with the new pointslimit and team setup

but hey im not too bothered with the team we have at start off season yes i support my nearest speedway team but it dosnt look too weak too me so far

• Like 2

Cookie back is superb ... and he will wear the No. 1 race jacket all season there are no challengers to his skills in this team.

Happy with Cookie and Adam, TJ is OK and like some posters are saying if Proctor gets dialled in quickly he'll be a great signing. Best I can do about the positives ... but no matter what any of us think it's now what happens on track

Its not a bad team overall.

Cook is one of the best if the best rider in the league.

Jorgensen I not totally convince if he can get some consistency then he may go on to the next level.

Proctor is a bit of a gamble, but if he rides like he did prior to been asked to leave the country when he rode for Sheffield they may have ride who potentially could put a decent amount of points on his average.

Roynon is a rider who I have a great deal of admiration for coming back time after time from injury, but I do wonder whether he he has had one to many knocks.

Campton, its obvious that the Workington see or feel he has potential, don't see it myself.

The two reserves could be a little weak especially away from home.

Overall it has possible potential, I think it will be a team that will do either really or fail miserably.

• Like 1

im a little surprised that there seams to be a few who rate matt williamson

and i agree he has good style and can gate well

more often reserves are only judged on there avergae and matts in my opinion is lower that what i think he should be

i really expected him to up it by about another point last year

a lot of reserves can be miles ahead in heat 2 at home but cant score another point in the meeting

then theres some who come home third in heat 2 then beat a oposition heat leader in there next race

Cook yes, but dont get the fuss about TJ.... the rest are much of a muchness, although Williamson has something about him....

you ever seen tj round a decent speedway track

Edited by scarra
  • Like 1

I think its a decent team.

Cook can beat anyone, anywhere and Proctor can put 2 points on his average. Jorgensen needs to step up a bit but he looked pretty useful at Derwent Park late season. Could be a very capable heat leader trio indeed.

Campton and Roynon are the question marks for me as both have stood still for a while.

I don't get this weak reserves bit. Shuttleworth maybe - on what I have seen, he'll do well to get to 3.00. But Williamson is one of the top riders in the NL and has a higher average than any of the others named from that league. He should be able to beat Hume and Mountain, for example, home and away and only Wallner and Gappmaier have higher PL averages.

I also think it contains the right blend of old and new. Its not a complete clear out, nor is it sticking to what you have. Its a freshening up of the side of the kind that most fans would want.

Looks a decent team to me. It's a strong heat leader trio and Proctor and Jorgy could both add a point to their averages. Williamson looks like he'll be one of the stronger reserves in the league. The question marks are over the second strings. Where's the improvement in Campton that only Worky see? Will Roynon improve or stay fit after a solid but unspectacular 2016?

Edited by Islander15

Cook yes, but dont get the fuss about TJ.... the rest are much of a muchness, although Williamson has something about him....

Great gater, but can't hold the lead. Ex MotorXer. I tried to get him to come to Newcastle about 3 years ago when he switched codes. Thought he would have been better by now.

Looks a decent team to me. It's a strong heat leader trio and Proctor and Jorgy could both add a point to their averages. Williamson looks like he'll be one of the stronger reserves in the league. The question marks are over the second strings. Where's the improvement in Campton that only Worky see? Will Roynon improve or stay fit after a solid but unspectacular 2016?

adam has had an injury free season and was going really well at workington , while mason was averaging around 7 points per meet in his last few meetings . im happy , your happy , everybody s happy . except some oddballs .

good luck to ricky at m/bra .

Edited by jenga

Great gater, but can't hold the lead. Ex MotorXer. I tried to get him to come to Newcastle about 3 years ago when he switched codes. Thought he would have been better by now.

He seems on the pace though and will pick up points beating other reserves if nothing else, compared to a lot of others.
  • Like 3