British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2017

Alex2000

England Football Team is easy. They will be built up by the press and then fail miserably in any major tournament.

Having said that England won the World U20 tournament and then won the U17 Tournament this weekend beating Spain 5-2 in the final. Platinum generation anyone?

If you like football try and watch the U17 final. England were 2 nil down and then played some sublime football.

Well i picked a fine match to miss by all accounts but i was not going to pay the extra money fo a meeting i was not going to watch as i had work the next day and did want the late night home.

By all accounts i have to take my Hat off to Eastbourne for pulling it back in the second half of the meeting as it was looking as if it was going to go to the wire.

Great ride by George in heat 3 and then again jake, charlie provided important points, a good turn out by josh in second half of the meeting, Have to say i didnt expect that jason would get a great 5-1 to seal the title for us and again followed by a win in heat 14 by Tom.

Again it was a great team performance and any supporter and sponsors should be proud of the team.

Yet antoher great year for the NL speedway as a league, It shows you how good speedway can be at this level but with out the backing of the club and family but most of all the sponsors and supporters no matter how big or small they are all welcome with open arms.

I have helped a few of the riders in the last few years with a tyre now and then, i can honestly say its the love of the sport which i can see how people get wrapped up in.

Connor and Martyn and the backing of Paul Goldsmith (IT First) had really secured the club for the last few season, Big Question to all who wil be the main sponsor for the League next year and who will be the main sponsor for the Club,