British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2017

Alex2000

Just a thought but at the start of last season the club made a 'snapchat' account... thought that was a great idea but it dwindled over time, as it gave an insight to behind the scenes before/ during and after the meeting. maybe bring that back if there is time to fit it in with other jobs? or give it to one of the 'young guns' who don't ride until after the meeting.

Also on the point of time between heats and the fact time between 14 and 15 wants to be reduced, in my opinion i prefer a bit of time between the final 2 heats as it builds tension especially if there is a last heat decider, it gives the announcer time to build an atmosphere in suspense of what could happen. obviously that wouldn't work if we had won the meeting in heat 11.

Edited by Al3x200

I thought Steve Crow filled the time last year quite nicely between heats 14 and 15 when he got someone from the crowd out on to the centregreen to make the announcement.

Yes he did also good when he got a couple of Kent fans out there too

I thought Steve Crow filled the time last year quite nicely between heats 14 and 15 when he got someone from the crowd out on to the centregreen to make the announcement.

I thought he was impressive full stop.

Lot better than some of the tedious or star of the show presenters out there.

• Like 1

Is it right that speedway has only a couple of years at Arlington?

Have heard on two separate occasions and sources that the land has been sold for a hotel development.

why put a hotel there it's in the middle of nowhere and is pretty bleak. Anyway I thought building on the land had been ruled out as its in the Green zone

I read in the speedway star that Clegg left nl to hopefully be a pl number 1 by the end of this season - good luck to him. A rider that sticks in my mind after he refused to race heat 1 at Eastbourne then reeled of 4 wins I believe. - I saw his results at Glasgow today...maybe a slow start to his pl number 1 status?

that's upped the ante from a meaningless cobweb blower . whoever's idea it was , pat on the back time. might still be a challenge but now it's a real meeting/s.

It would really be helpful to actually say what you are talking about rather than leaving us having to search to find out for ourselves!

No Adam Extance this year apparently, his damaged knee won't stand up to the stress of speedway! Didn't even get to the first race this year without having to make team changes or r/r. .....Shame, was looking forward to seeing him ride.

Edited by gazzac