British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2017

cityrebel

I have commented before on this forum..."Use it or lose it !" Go to every meeting and support your club or....make no mistake..

you WILL lose it. Then you will have no one to criticise. No one likes every aspect of every club, or every aspect of every rule,

but we have what we have, so enjoy it. It is my view, as a long standing supporter of Speedway, that racing these days is at the

very least, as good, or if not better than in the past, so don't moan about it...

That's like saying please come to our crap restuarant and eat our crap food, otherwise we might have to close and you won't be able to come again next year and enjoy the same poor standards.

Well guess what? those people don't come back, they find/do something else.

Meanwhile the owners of the restaurant now bankrupted, are forced to stand in line at the employment agency looking for another job and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Bad news for most Lakeside fans with the bottom three having to take 3 of Bowtell,s rides....,Not a good move from the management as there are several possible decent replacements,,... Not me,,,but some may decide not to attend for that reason and who could blame them,as the entertainment value could be reduced considerably ,,They are obviously banking that Buxton,s tail will be even weaker than our,s ,,,? chancy that.......

Who are these possible decent replacements because I cannot see any. Check for yourself:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/nl17_issue_21.pdf

That's like saying please come to our crap restuarant and eat our crap food, otherwise we might have to close and you won't be able to come again next year and enjoy the same poor standards.

Meanwhile the owners of the restaurant now bankrupted, are forced to stand in line at the employment agency looking for another job and they have no one to blame but themselves.

But it's not the Lakeside management's (the restaurant owner's) fault that the BSPA can't run speedway

Who are these possible decent replacements because I cannot see any. Check for yourself:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/nl17_issue_21.pdf

Must admit the options are limited with alfies average although I would think priest or verge would both score more than RR will bring?

I just hope this decision doesn't swing the meeting too much or delay it into a bore fest.

Must admit the options are limited with alfies average although I would think priest or verge would both score more than RR will bring?

I just hope this decision doesn't swing the meeting too much or delay it into a bore fest.

Yeah Priest is the stand out option and started the season on an 8 point average, so is hardly shabby! Options are limited but there's options.

1. I don't agree with your analogy

2. I take it you will not be there on Friday

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 2

Claret73...You must be a sad person...Speedway is not a restaurant and the FACT is that the vast majority of what we watch is far from being "crap"

unless you are a top division Snob. Personally I thoroughly enjoy the roughness of the National League, watching the kids start up their careers where

some win, some lose. If Claret73 can only enjoy to world's top riders then he should travel to Poland every week-end.

Nah im not sad, just very unhappy, and that unhappyness is not down to some bias towards top riders, the problems are endemic to British Speedway at all levels, not just to Lakeside and not just to the NL.

I wish i could have the tolorance displayed by the likes of East End Fan, and many years ago I did, but not anymore.

The BSPA have slowly destroyed the buzz I used to get from the sport, its like being addicted to a drug but you cant take it anymore because it makes you sick. but if you don't take it you get withdrawal symptoms, simply walking away after 30 years is not easy to do and I don't want to be rid of speedway, I want it back like how it was when I enjoyed it.

After the debacle at Kings Lynn tonight it seems Jon Cook's decision to distance the club from 'top level' speedway as it exists in this country at present, may have been a good move! ;)

Despite Zach and Alfie being elsewhere the Hammers never broke sweat tonight. Williamson was excellent for Buxton, bettered only by 18 point maximum man Ben Morley. Other than that a rather forgetable meeting attended by a worryingly low crowd. I think a good crowd and a cracking meeting when Birmingham visit in 2 weeks is badly needed.

Difficult to assess the crowds at Birmingham as most of them are behind glass. Hope they bring a few to us. I went to Kent last night

to see the Eastbourne match. With a comparatively weak team, missing both Hopwood and Stoneman with only Connor Coles ( who did

not do his reputation much good), I expected the Eagles to dominate. How wrong I was . Our Ben ( Morley) was superb and both Jack Thomas

and Anders Rowe stood out for the home team. Great entertainment for me, pleased to see Eastie getting walloped for change.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

KO Cup......finally a statement:

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/hammers-update/

So NEARLY A MONTH after it was reported on the Speedway GB website, Jon Cook finally decides to communicate with the Lakeside Supporters.

Not enough dates?

Really?

July: We had a total of two meetings (None Away).

August: We've got 3 Home Meetings throughout August - one of those being a 'Reserved' date. 'Reserved' for what?

So once again, during the main Summer month with kids off school and families taking breaks, we have just TWO home league meetings.

Keeping up so far? Not difficult really is it. In a two month period, 2 + 2 = 4. Oh.....plus a 'Reserved' date.

Onto September: ONE home meeting and a (wait for it) another 'Reserved' date.

So, over a THREE MONTH period, we've had/got programmed a TOTAL of FIVE home league meetings.

But there was not enough time to fit in the KO Cup.

Seriously?

Meanwhile, Season Ticket release info stated they would cover a minimum of 14 meetings http://www.lakesidehammers.co/?s=Season+tickets

Well, that appears to be the exact bang people are getting for their buck.......if you include the two 'Reserved' dates.

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/fixtures/

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

defo something not right with this as we can see plenty of dates free

and if most of the reason is riders in senior leagues then surely belle vue

should have fallen on their sword as the have more than us.

as I have said lot going on behind the scenes of which I heard were

positive but the lack of communication and this debarcle then maybe not

just hope its not terminal.

The point is, we are the host club but can only get dates that are not already booked stock cars, bangers, drifting, etc. On top of that we already have Zak injured and as the rules stand at the moment Rye House have first call on Ben and Newcastle have first call on Alfie. It would be disastrous if we had to go into a meeting with a guest for Zak, and r/r for Alfie and Ben.

Who was your source who said its positive news.....HP?? ;)