British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2017

cityrebel

Can see why lakeside fans dont wanna go and watch that every week. Boring. Gate n go. Well done lakeside thou, be suprised if either team finish top 4 thou.

Most afternoon meetings are like that at Lakeside, evening meetings have been pretty good so far.
  • Like 1

I would rather give Paul Hurry credit for getting back on a bike in his forties, after the terrible injuries he has had in the past. He deserved a reduction for his time out of the saddle in my opinion. Don't forget Lindback got his average reduced last year, in very different circumstances.

He didn't ride in the NL though. Two meetings in and Hurry is already showing that the figure he was given is too low.

He didn't ride in the NL though. Two meetings in and Hurry is already showing that the figure he was given is too low.

Exactly. But is not just too low, it's illegitimate. Having said that, when was the last time a 7 point rider hit a maximum on his home debut at any level? Edited by Islander15

Looks like Lakeside have pulled off a master stroke in getting Hurry approved at that average.

It will now surely encourage others to follow suit.

Perhaps a phone call to David Norris by Eastie, surely he'd be back on a sub 8 point!

Or the Warriors can fix their bottom end with Davey Watt on his current Premiership 3.something average 😉

Pop on the ferry to Pompey docks Islander, sure you could fix your bottom end there if Davy doesn't want the trip over!

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Can see why lakeside fans dont wanna go and watch that every week. Boring. Gate n go. Well done lakeside thou, be suprised if either team finish top 4 thou.

Having seen some clips from today's and other meetings I have to unfortunately agree, the track this season has resembled one that we have seen all too often when it's on the telly, dry, with a blue groove soon appearing and very little in the way of passing.

In fact it's gone back to circa 2004/2005 under big Ron.

Having seen some clips from today's and other meetings I have to unfortunately agree, the track this season has resembled one that we have seen all too often when it's on the telly, dry, with a blue groove soon appearing and very little in the way of passing.

In fact it's gone back to circa 2004/2005 under big Ron.

Track has not been like that for any of the evening meetings. Was like that for the afternoon Eastbourne meeting. Edited by liam

They say the camera never lies, well I've seen several heats from every home meeting and the constant trend has been processional racing around the inside.

Maybe there has been the odd classic? But I can only go by what I've seen and read on the speedway updates and YouTube and that has not been enough to convince me to want to see more in person.

They say the camera never lies, well I've seen several heats from every home meeting and the constant trend has been processional racing around the inside.

Maybe there has been the odd classic? But I can only go by what I've seen and read on the speedway updates and YouTube and that has not been enough to convince me to want to see more in person.

Well from someone who has been to the all the meetings except yesterday I can say the track has been good for the evening meetings and their has been plenty of passing and Iam pretty sure anyone who went would say the same. Not saying every race has been a classic but what meeting is. No dust and no blue groove in any of them meetings. I have see you say before about meeting just being raced on the inside line and it's simply not true, Zach and Alfie have made plenty of passes round the outside mate. Maybe you should pop along to a meeting rather than making your mind up from YouTube. I remember my football team signing a player once and YouTube made him look like Messi then he turned out to be useless ;) Edited by liam
  • Like 1

For a hot sunny afternoon, the track was well prepared and received due care and attention during the meeting. It is simply not true to say everything took place around the inside line indeed, far from it.

Internet warriors should leave objective opinions to those who were actually there!

• Like 2

I don't need to be their when i evidence such as this and frankly you only make yourself look an idiot trying to defend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w155a3lhsS8

Can you just tell us whereabouts on the clip we can see the blue groove you were talking about because I caluldnt see one?

I wasn't there but apart from dust in the latter part of the meeting and a very dry patch going into bend three it was almost impossible to tell what the track was like. It's almost always a given that the track will not be as good in daytime meetings as others have said bug it's virtually impossible to comment further from these camera angles. As usual you are having a moan for the sake it. What I saw, as most weeks was Lakeside with a strong top end that could hardly be touched and reserves that were not up to the job, especially Laurence who is still no better than he was 10 years ago. That's not so much to do with the track as the riders

I think the processional racing is caused mainly by the rules in the league and it's 39 point total, most teams are too heavy to cater for it. You can only have a 3 point unattached rider to guest at 6 or 7. You have to have RR for your 1st rider absent which if it is a 2nd string you are stuffed unless you have a ringer reserve (res who is res in ave only) that said, I've seen some cracking ht 13's and 15's

I don't need to be their when i evidence such as this and frankly you only make yourself look an idiot trying to defend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w155a3lhsS8

I was there ​and I have also watched the one dimensional clip. I am not trying to 'defend it' as you say, merely offering my opinion based on actually being there. In this league, given the massive disparity between heat leaders and the rest (particularly re Lakeside given the strength of the top three) some processional racing is inevitable.

You have your opinion (based on video) and exercise your choice not attend - fine by me. As for 'idiot' you demean yourself by using the word.

• Like 2