British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2017

cityrebel

I appreciate its legal because of the averages Halifaxtiger but Lakeside haven't decided Paul Hurry's average. The authorities and the league coordinator are responsible for validating and verifying the averages. I enjoy reading your posts as i can see you're a fair minded fan, as am I, and even I'm hard pushed to fathom how 7.66 has been calculated but this is for Mr Morrish to clarify, not Cook.

Can't argue with that and I'm certainly not blaming Lakeside.

The arbitrary, inconsistent, secret rulings don't just annoy the hell out of fans they can actually, in the end, drive them away.

If indeed Spooner has been signed to replace Hunter it could turn out to be a good signing i was impressed with his performance round Lakeside a few weeks ago...

Edited by waco

If hall couldn't ride for Birmingham because his average was too high from previous seasons 10 + years previous then hurry surely should fall into the same category.

• Like 4

I am pretty sure they can't redeclare Spooner as I am sure I read that Kent have Spooners contract for 2017.

Hunter is supposedly injured, but as he is the only rider missing in the 1-5 the only facility available is rr. So it's far more likely that Spooner is riding as a 3.0 undeclared rider.

If hall couldn't ride for Birmingham because his average was too high from previous seasons 10 + years previous then hurry surely should fall into the same category.

Exactly true. A precedent was set but now it's been ignored (again).

I appreciate its legal because of the averages Halifaxtiger but Lakeside haven't decided Paul Hurry's average. The authorities and the league coordinator are responsible for validating and verifying the averages. I enjoy reading your posts as i can see you're a fair minded fan, as am I, and even I'm hard pushed to fathom how 7.66 has been calculated but this is for Mr Morrish to clarify, not Cook.

I agree that Morrish is the man behind this, but surely Cook has an obligation to explain this to his customers. It's not just a few fans who have questioned this, lots have and several promoters have.

Edited by Islander15

All a bit of a mess.

Spooner appears in the lakeside declared team on today's greensheets issue.

Kent maintain Spooner is still under contract to them, and say Lakeside have NOT signed Spooner.

Now in the last few minutes the bspa have tweeted referring to Spooner as a guest.

Clear as muck...

• Like 1

All a bit of a mess.

Spooner appears in the lakeside declared team on today's greensheets issue.

Kent maintain Spooner is still under contract to them, and say Lakeside have NOT signed Spooner.

Now in the last few minutes the bspa have tweeted referring to Spooner as a guest.

Clear as muck...

Add to that Lakeside's press release suggesting that Spooner is a injury replacement! Possibly only for this weekend. Total mess.

Bottom line is that we have Paul Hurry in our side even though most of us wonder how his average was calculated to achieve it. We now

have the 3 best heat leaders in the league and other clubs will struggle to contain us...see Stoke last night...Hope it has the desired effect

of bringing in more paying customers.

I would rather give Paul Hurry credit for getting back on a bike in his forties, after the terrible injuries he has had in the past. He deserved a reduction for his time out of the saddle in my opinion. Don't forget Lindback got his average reduced last year, in very different circumstances.