British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2017

Who piled on points at reserve for Swindon last year? that would be Rohan Tungate.

My point exactly - we could end up with Tungate and Allen at reserve by the end of May.

I can't believe for one minute that Heeps has been preferred over Tungate on a long term basis and is just an in fill for this weekends fixtures until Wright and Hougaards averages drop.

Don't think it really makes them any stronger. Still looks like a championship team and could be in danger of finishing bottom

Really? Of course it makes them stronger. Lawson strengthens the top end and is good for at least a 7!point average. He rides the OTA very well and will soon get dialled in.

Kerr is a solid and reliable presence and definitely bolsters the engine room both home and away. Heeps is in fine form this season and provides a pretty formidable reserve pairing with Allen.

Sad to see Starkey in particular depart. A 100% racer at all times and has been part of the 'furniture ' at the OTA for the past 4 years or so.

Let's hope Richard Lawson's new start at a new club will give him the motivation to get a decent haircut ;)

Really? Of course it makes them stronger. Lawson strengthens the top end and is good for at least a 7!point average. He rides the OTA very well and will soon get dialled in.

Kerr is a solid and reliable presence and definitely bolsters the engine room both home and away. Heeps is in fine form this season and provides a pretty formidable reserve pairing with Allen.

Sad to see Starkey in particular depart. A 100% racer at all times and has been part of the 'furniture ' at the OTA for the past 4 years or so.

Let's hope Richard Lawson's new start at a new club will give him the motivation to get a decent haircut ;)

You haven't seen Nike Lunnas hair if you think Richard's hair is wild.

Anyway good to see Rich fixed up in the top league he has been solid as usual for us this season.

Unsure if there are any fixture clashes but part and parcel these days.

As soon as I saw Tunno at number 1 I thought they're gonna be in trouble. Lucky for them that Josh and Patrick have improved.

A good move for the Rebs to move up, with local derbies against Swindon and Poole, the Championship is too northerly based for them.

How many more fans are they getting in the top div?

Reckon on 100- 200 more.

So the principle of having at least one young British rider at reserve has been shelved i take it ?

You must have at least 2 people to have come through the National League. Somerset now have 4 I believe in Charles Wright, Cameron Heeps, Richard Lawson and Lewis Kerr.

• Like 2

Are Gravasen and Tungate still able to guest for other teams? as they don't have any other attachments.

Is he allowed to stay in this Country?? :unsure:

No job so no visa?? ;)

Tungate 5.09 and Heeps 5.07. Not a lot in it but maybe it was the amount they needed to make it happen.

They can't be on like for like when converting from 2nd division to 1st division in this instance, would take our team limit to 46 points otherwise using the new averages. Unless the changes have been made using the old averages and built to 50.00 with Lawson replacing Tungate effectively.... which would scupper any plans to reintroduce Tungate I would of thought.

All speculation for now until the redeclared team is confirmed and we know what averages have been used and to what limit.

Edited by Najjer

lol...it's got to be the only sport where the fans who follow it, don't understand how it all works, when it comes to team building and averages.

Not their fault...too bloody complicated imo.

Sorry to see Starkey leaving...no sentiment I suppose.

Left with 3 riders from last season now...shame, I like continuity.

Hopefully the quality of racing will continue in it's rich vein.

Isn't that just the championship

No, has to be 2 riders included who have come thru the NL.

I think Graversen should be allowed to ride in the NL the rest of this season, if he wants to. Probably invested in new equipment after a year out and now been completely kippered.

And push a Brit out of a team place? ? No thanks.

• Like 2