British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2017

No Kerr is 5.98 so would not fit atm. Joe Jacobs would be my bet and then a further change when Hougaard and Wright get proper averages.

Kerr moved to 6.30 from 14/5 & has improved a little bit more on current averages to 6.40

I would assume the 5 riders that have done 8 matches will get their new averages,the other two will get theirs when they do 8.

One of the BSPA rules states that if a club wants to redeclare their 1-7, any rider that hasn't done their 4H/4A meetings can have their CMA reassessed by the BSPA MC, based on scores to date!!

That is presumably why current rider averages are shown on the BSPA website.

How would Ippo feel about having Heeps in the same team as Tungate? May not do young Heeps any favours.

Well he wouldn't be in the same team would he? :P:wink:

One of the BSPA rules states that if a club wants to redeclare their 1-7, any rider that hasn't done their 4H/4A meetings can have their CMA reassessed by the BSPA MC, based on scores to date!!

That is presumably why current rider averages are shown on the BSPA website.

Well he wouldn't be in the same team would he? :P:wink:

So you would think they(BSPA) would just re-assess Hougaard and Wright to the average they have achieved so far.Thus they would easily fit Kerr in the side instead of Graversen.Afterall Wright is only 1 match away and Hougaard 2 away from achieving an average anyway.Can't see where riding these would make to much difference to their respective averages anyway.

It has to be done IMO. You cant have a mix of new and old when the overall limit is changing from the original 50 to the new 42.

Shouldve happened at Championship level too although at least there the limit is 40 all season so it is vaguely workable.

I think that applies to riders who started this year without an established average.

Poor Graversen . I was at Somerset a couple of years ago when Leigh Lanham collected the rider of the night award in the bar after a paid max against Glasgow - sacked a couple of weeks later . Guess who won it when I was at Somerset last Friday ? :shock:

I think that applies to riders who started this year without an established average.

Every rider gets a new average this year though.

No 2016 meetings included in 2017 figures.

2017 unique in respect of that and the revision to initially use one average across both leagues.

Poor Graversen . I was at Somerset a couple of years ago when Leigh Lanham collected the rider of the night award in the bar after a paid max against Glasgow - sacked a couple of weeks later . Guess who won it when I was at Somerset last Friday ? :shock:

Your still welcome, although some of the riders might not Agree!

Shanes got it when you were at Foxhall and he wasnt retained either 😉 At least that was his choice though

Every rider gets a new average this year though.

No 2016 meetings included in 2017 figures.

2017 unique in respect of that and the revision to initially use one average across both leagues.

That's true but the respective rule particularly mentions riders not having an established average when teams re declare, which suggests to me that's it's aimed at teams with riders on assessed averages trying to gain an advantage.

All riders had an assessed or 'manufactured' average for 2017 based on last season's scores and race format depending which league they raced in.

Hence 4H/4A under this year's race format being the point at which new 'actual' 2017 CMAs are created.

• Like 1

Oops! Maybe I shouldn't have given it to Jan then :o

Strange decision to drop Tungate now when he has just achieved a new average. I can only assume without doing the numbers that he will be reintroduced into the side for Heeps once Hougaard and Wright achieve their new averages?

Bringing in Lawson is a good move though and should strengthen the top end of the side up.

Edited by Najjer

Are these changes to the 50 point mark or the first official averages as I note that Somerset have rode 4h & 4a.

I assume as the press release says subject to BSPA approval, as our 8th match was at Wolves last Monday our new averages take effect from today - therefore it must be using the new averages.