British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2017

Close,but sounds like :shock:

Nevermind you'l get over it..

And of course the emotional joyous scenes as the Rebels clinched the Premier league title against Glasgow in October.

Come on Rebels fans, or indeed any other fans who visited the OTA, give us your memories and stimulate some conversation.

Your league title wins stand out, but there's been many good meetings at the OT. Mind, many might disagree with me because i wrote this..

Edited by Starman2006

Nevermind you'l get over it..

Your league title wins stand out, but there's been many good meetings at the OT. Mind, many might disagree with me because i wrote this..

You need to get over yourself. People dont disagree because its you. They disagree because you consistently post ridiclous things

• Like 5

You need to get over yourself. People dont disagree because its you. They disagree because you consistently post ridiclous things

Do i, clearly your opinion. I say what i want to say not what others want me to say, now clear off.

Except you don't. Someone say something, it's well received so you repeat it over and over.

As i said, i have my own opinion, if peope dont like it don't reply, Quite simple really. Everybody is enititled to there opinion.

I came on here and put up a perfectly good post, then some clown had to spoil it.

Edited by Starman2006

Why is it that January through to March seems to suddenly slow down? The close season seems to speed along nicely up to Xmas, but now it feels like the brakes are firmly on!

So, to pass another incredibly boring Saturday evening, just wondered if any Somerset fans wanted to look back on the historic season that has just ended from ror the Rebels, and reflect on some personal favourite moments.

Danny Kings's high speed coming together with Charles Wright in heat 5 of the Ipswich match in April.

The incredible stormy weather during the Peterborough match in June. Fence panels blowing off, narrowly missing supporters on the home straight. I've heard of rain causing a track inspection, but not high winds!

What about Ryan Fisher passing Simon Stead in the pairs meeting, waving to the Edinburgh fans as he did so!

Fisticuffs between Jake Allen and Matej Kus in heat 15 of the excellent meeting with Newcastle in July.

Rohan Tungate"s amazing 'wall of death' in the superb heat 15 of the semi final first leg against Ipswich. The conclusion of which almost produced more fisticuffs between an enraged Josh Gracjzonek and a stricken Ben Barker, whose boot was literally hanging off.

And of course the emotional joyous scenes as the Rebels clinched the Premier league title against Glasgow in October.

Come on Rebels fans, or indeed any other fans who visited the OTA, give us your memories and stimulate some conversation.

Good post, for me the most memorable meeting was against Edinburgh the backend of the season. Having only watched Dan Bewley ride a handful of times and was always impressed, I was eagerly looking forward to watching him at his first visit to the OTA & boy he did not disappoint. Didn't score that many points, but made BWD look very ordinary in 2 of his rides.

Do i, clearly your opinion. I say what i want to say not what others want me to say, now clear off.

Having a opinion is fine. However you also post some unbelievablely stupid things. When people pick you up/ prove you to be incorrect you resort to the everyone is against me rubbish. Your mate Gavan is just as bad

Why is it that January through to March seems to suddenly slow down? The close season seems to speed along nicely up to Xmas, but now it feels like the brakes are firmly on!

So, to pass another incredibly boring Saturday evening, just wondered if any Somerset fans wanted to look back on the historic season that has just ended from ror the Rebels, and reflect on some personal favourite moments.

Danny Kings's high speed coming together with Charles Wright in heat 5 of the Ipswich match in April.

The incredible stormy weather during the Peterborough match in June. Fence panels blowing off, narrowly missing supporters on the home straight. I've heard of rain causing a track inspection, but not high winds!

What about Ryan Fisher passing Simon Stead in the pairs meeting, waving to the Edinburgh fans as he did so!

Fisticuffs between Jake Allen and Matej Kus in heat 15 of the excellent meeting with Newcastle in July.

Rohan Tungate"s amazing 'wall of death' in the superb heat 15 of the semi final first leg against Ipswich. The conclusion of which almost produced more fisticuffs between an enraged Josh Gracjzonek and a stricken Ben Barker, whose boot was literally hanging off.

Seeing a team that was vilified at the beginning of the year grow into a superb tight set of riders who wanted to win together. Superb team spirit.

All played their part but Josh and Garry held them all together great team players.

• Like 1

Get on with ya. Gavan cannot debate, he clearly hasn't got the brains to debate. He can try and debate with none Poole fans. If we dont agree with him he doesn't like it and makes it known..

Because you haven't just done that on this thread now have you when someone has debated with you, and you've called them a clown?

You are the biggest hypocrite on this forum.

Some very good memories in there ER and sadly I wasn't there for all of them. I think like Sugarray has said, the team was completely wrote off at the start of the year and to watch them progress like they did as a unit was unbelievable. I think we might get hammered at times this season but it seems right to keep the riders we have. Watching Jake Allen and Rohan Tungate were for me the highlights. Tungate's progression into a genuine no.1 home and away was brilliant.

• Like 1

As i said, i have my own opinion, if peope dont like it don't reply, Quite simple really. Everybody is enititled to there opinion.

I came on here and put up a perfectly good post, then some clown had to spoil it.

We all have our own opinions and when we post them on here we expect people to reply back with their own opinion.Guess what they might not share the same opinion as you this then leads to a debate on the subject its what we all come on this forum for.Not to wright a post and get upset if people reply and do not agree with you.

Edited by B.V 72

We all have our own opinions and when we post them on here we expect people to reply back with their own opinion.Guess what they might not share the same opinion as you this then leads to a debate on the subject its what we all come on this forum for.Not to make statments and get upset if people do not agree with you.

Im quite happy with people disagreeing with me, its not whats said, its the way its said.

Not what you said in an earlier post quote(I have my own opinion if people don't like it don't reply.)

Simple really. Likewise..

Simple really. Likewise..

Starry me old mate, i saw you a few times at the OTA las season, instead of engaging in 'warfare' with your forum feuds, why don't you enlighten us with your memories from the Rebels historic season?

• Like 2

Get on with ya. Gavan cannot debate, he clearly hasn't got the brains to debate. He can try and debate with none Poole fans. If we dont agree with him he doesn't like it and makes it known..

I think most would debate with Gavan over a batchelor like you.

I jest sommelier. Gavan provides decent debate, but is slightly vulnerable to a little bit of winding up, especially where starman and Shov are concerned! :)

Starman isn't clever enough to wind anyone up.

Well said but that comes from living alone.

No Gemini, with Rye House moving up, and Plymouth moving down, they would have been mad to stay in a league where there nearest opponent would have been Peterborough, and every away fixture would have required a huge amount of travelling and the related cost, where virtually every opponent, bar Peterborough & Ipswich are based in the northern half of the country. A league where the prospect of any amount decent away support, in terms of numbers, would have been virtually zero.

Excuse me , Bill , Alan and myself boost the economy of the local drinking establishments when hitting Highbridge :drink: . But I get your point about the similarities between Somerset moving up and us not .

• Like 2