British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2017

For the delicate little flowers from Somerset, I point you on this direction.....

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83273&page=1

In short, it's a discussion forum, for discussion. Some of you must be a barrel of laughs down the pub. "Oi, Dave, stop talking about the football. The topic right now is whats better, the Mitsubishi Lancer or the Subaru Impreza" :rolleyes:

For the delicate little flowers from Somerset, I point you on this direction.....

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83273&page=1

In short, it's a discussion forum, for discussion. Some of you must be a barrel of laughs down the pub. "Oi, Dave, stop talking about the football. The topic right now is whats better, the Mitsubishi Lancer or the Subaru Impreza" :rolleyes:

Lancer all day long but it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeery important they you use the words Evo & WRX at the end SCB, otherwise you're talking Grandad cars rather than the Chav street racers.

Lancer all day long but it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeery important they you use the words Evo & WRX at the end SCB, otherwise you're talking Grandad cars rather than the Chav street racers.

It's actually WRX STI at the end of the Impreza if we're being pedantic ;)

So how do people feel about a team of...

Tungate
Wright
Hougaard
Starke
Grajczonek
Allen
Graveson
To me it looks like a team that will have few 0's on the scorecard, but towards the end of meetings will find it difficult to get heat advantages. I don't know much about any of these riders since I haven't attended a meeting that wasn't a GP, SWC or at Brandon, Poole or the NSS for a few years. I have watched every meeting available on TV tough.
I don't think there is much improvement in Hougaard or Grajczonek but both are experienced enough to hold their own.
I don't see Wright or Graveson being match winners either, but again they should hold be solid.
Tungate & Allen, need to have a good year if the Rebels are to make the play-offs.

Wright could very much be a match winner within his own right. I'd expect to see him line up at no.2 alongside Tungate so heat 8s will be crucial against another second string.

Hougaard needs to be in for a big year though. I don't really know that much about him but he seems to have something going on and a decent style on the bike to boot too!!

Wright and Starke are very much capable of beating other second strings and maybe a few third heat leaders. They both know the away tracks too.

Allen has the potential to be the best reserve in the league if he pushes on, away may be a struggle though. If Graversen can then use his determination and put in some good performances we COULD have the best partnership in the league.

Tungate and Grajczonek are both capable of beating anyone at home except the GP riders. Away will be the problem there.

Houagaard is a decent stylish rider who has potential hopefully he can find a home at Somerset and perform to it.

Edited by Brummie Rebel

Been a Somerset fan since Exeter closed,while I'm disappointed to be in this top league instead of old premier,thank full that we have a team to support,think we should of gone top international rider at 1,I'll be there in March/April to support the lads,if it goes wrong then that's the way it goes we will be back stronger after,Garry has to learn the league also.up the rebels.

Been a Somerset fan since Exeter closed,while I'm disappointed to be in this top league instead of old premier,thank full that we have a team to support,think we should of gone top international rider at 1,I'll be there in March/April to support the lads,if it goes wrong then that's the way it goes we will be back stronger after,Garry has to learn the league also.up the rebels.

A top international rider, why do you think Garry has put this team together ? The club couldn't afford one. So you are better off starting here, you will not lose many at home.. And im very sure Garry will have a good idea of most of the tracks, that's also down to the riders.. Also a few more through your turnstyles wouldn't go amiss,

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

A top international rider, why do you think Garry has put this team together ? The club couldn't afford one. So you are better off starting here, you will not lose many at home.. And im very sure Garry will have a good idea of most of the tracks, that's also down to the riders.. Also a few more through your turnstyles wouldn't go amiss,

Gary has already confirmed we had a deal agreed with Kildemand before Poland intervened - so bang goes your myth about not being able to afford the big bucks.

• Like 4

Gary has already confirmed we had a deal agreed with Kildemand before Poland intervened - so bang goes your myth about not being able to afford the big bucks.

I'm not sure Gary was being totally honest.

The 2 other league rule for Ekstraliga riders was nailed down before the AGM took place

• Like 2

The Polish ruling was initially rumoured/reported/translated to be Extraleague plus one other league!!

This was later changed to Extraleague plus 2 other leagues (one of which must be the rider's 'domestic' league - UK in the case of Aussie riders)!

This was always going to have a greater effect on those Danes that had secured a Polish Extraleague place.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Come on all you Rebels supporters - now we are in the top division we need plenty of activity on this forum.

My biggest disappointment is the selection Graveson for 2017 I can't see Garys thinking behind that one - time will tell!!

Not much to discuss at the moment I think Chris tbh. The team is pretty much what I think most of us expected. Shame no BWD at reserve tho, I think he will find it hard in Swindons top five. I'm following Rohan in Aus to keep me interested as I'm bored silly with Belle Vue and Coventry, and the handbags on the Poole thread. Poole remind me of West Ham FC supporters, fighting each other lol.
  • Like 4