British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2017

Heard that no other team could get near what he is getting paid & will be on a very good bonus if they get to the play offs, more if they make the final & more still if they win it.

Nothing wrong with incentives on my eyes though so fair play to Bomber.

Lets hope they can afford him, pay him and still be running next season.

I understand why the Promotors have done what they've done this season, but i'm still worried about how it's going to pan out over the season.

I look at Somerset moving up a league. But it really is a sideways move, if not down, in quality. Are these riders going to be wanting more money than last season? Just because we've moved up a league? Are the prices going to go up for the fans in all aspects of attending? Are we going to be more entertained than the last few seasons and get better value for money?

As it stands...we have 2 heat leaders who averaged just over 6.00 points a meeting last season in the top tier. The third, just under 6.00.

The middle order riders just under 5 points.

Looking at the team based on approx. averages from last season, in which they actually scored and giving the two reserves 7.00 between them, then the total points average scored would be approx. 35.00 points per meeting.

The standard has dropped immensely.

I'm intrigued to how it will work out. There will definitely be more local derbies and less distance to travel to away meetings...perhaps the thinking behind the move 'up'.

Lets hope they can afford him, pay him and still be running next season.

I understand why the Promotors have done what they've done this season, but i'm still worried about how it's going to pan out over the season.

I look at Somerset moving up a league. But it really is a sideways move, if not down, in quality. Are these riders going to be wanting more money than last season? Just because we've moved up a league? Are the prices going to go up for the fans in all aspects of attending? Are we going to be more entertained than the last few seasons and get better value for money?

As it stands...we have 2 heat leaders who averaged just over 6.00 points a meeting last season in the top tier. The third, just under 6.00.

The middle order riders just under 5 points.

Looking at the team based on approx. averages from last season, in which they actually scored and giving the two reserves 7.00 between them, then the total points average scored would be approx. 35.00 points per meeting.

The standard has dropped immensely.

I'm intrigued to how it will work out. There will definitely be more local derbies and less distance to travel to away meetings...perhaps the thinking behind the move 'up'.

The plan is to have one big league ASAP & like you say some teams will be touch & go on whether they can afford the team they are putting out.

I can't see fans coming flocking back but something had to be done & despite all the bull about getting the top riders back it isn't going to happen.

Apart from Chris Holder there was no other top rider who wanted to ride here with the Poles bringing in their restrictions.

• Like 1

Have they released the prices for next season yet?

Is entrance fee and programme costs going to go up? Is parking going to increase?

Not sure how it could be justified, as it's just Premiership by name...quality of rider is just the same as last season imo.

Next season's prices are here; http://somersetrebels.co/ticketoffice.php

Ah right missed those...thank you.

Am I right in saying Adults have gone up a £1?

For some reason I thought OAP's were a tenner last season? That's what I thought I'd paid for my father last time. Open to correction. Mind has gone blank.

from 2015 for 2016

Match-night general admission prices remain unchanged from the 2015 campaign of £15.00 (adults), £13.00 (concessions), £4.00 (young adults 12-18 inclusive) and children 11 and under admitted free of charge if accompanied by a paying adult.

• Like 1

Somerset will suffer when it comes to tactical's , cannot see any of the team stopping on regular basis the likes of Coventry's Kasprzak and Andersen, Poole's Nicholls and Harris, Wolves Lindgren or Swindon's Doyle. Will it be arranged that Swindon only visit Oak Tree when Doyle is not away on Friday GP practice?

Why have Senior prices gone up £2 to £15 when adult price gone up £1 ? Adult admission now £16 for 17 matches that's £272 a year if you attend every match. An adult season ticket at early booking price is £232 saving £40. that's a saving of two and a half matches, if you go on holiday just once a year you don't save anything. How about free parking for season ticket holders.

Somerset will suffer when it comes to tactical's , cannot see any of the team stopping on regular basis the likes of Coventry's Kasprzak and Andersen, Poole's Nicholls and Harris, Wolves Lindgren or Swindon's Doyle. Will it be arranged that Swindon only visit Oak Tree when Doyle is not away on Friday GP practice?

Why have Senior prices gone up £2 to £15 when adult price gone up £1 ? Adult admission now £16 for 17 matches that's £272 a year if you attend every match. An adult season ticket at early booking price is £232 saving £40. that's a saving of two and a half matches, if you go on holiday just once a year you don't save anything. How about free parking for season ticket holders.

Isn't the parking money a different entity to the Club...as in the farmers land? Or am I wrong about that?

As for Friday GP practice, I hope the Club don't have to faff about re arranging fixtures around those GP dates.

When it comes to prices...I won't see any change from £40 per meeting, when I take into consideration travel costs, and a couple beers etc.

Think yourself lucky - 12-18 year old prices have gone up by 50% and the club are now charging from 6 years old which will hardly encourage families to come in greater numbers. I will now have to consider picking my meetings as it will cost me £30 per meeting to come with 3 kids prior to any food or drink.

Finger on the pulse there Oldtimer!!! :D:D

• Like 2

Coventrys Kasprzak ?

Why have the club sold Charles Wright to Poole?

Gary May moaned on Monday night about not having a large asset base and clubs stopping them talking to assets, and then Matt Ford announces they have signed Wrighty less than 2 years after the club signed him? It makes no sense

I guess it depends on how desperate for the cash Somerset were at the time of the sale?!

I can't imagine a rider averaging 6.5 in the PL attracting a large transfer fee and providing a nest egg for the club.

That's another rider we won't get first refusal on when team building.

I can't imagine a rider averaging 6.5 in the PL attracting a large transfer fee and providing a nest egg for the club.

That's another rider we won't get first refusal on when team building.

Whilst Wrighty is great entertainment at the OTA, let's face it, he's not going to improve that much more than where he is now. He's a whole hearted trier and gives his utmost in every race he rides, but he doesn't have a scooby where his team mate is in any given race, and in my opinion, has reached pretty much his best now.

• Like 2

That team is solid enough, I'd take it over what Coventry have mustered in team building terms. Need to be a fair few points in front by the time heat 12 kicks in, to win a meeting though. It will struggle in 13 & 15.